Home

Pass Coverage Slider

This is a discussion on Pass Coverage Slider within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
This is why i have put the game down booker21 i'm simply not feeling the CPU pass defense.....It's not a game killer but lets just say i'm going to waite and see what EA does with a patch or Tuner before burning more hours on NCAA 12

This years game sorta reminds me of Madden 11....I spent months trying to fix one issue with that game and it simply couldn't be fixed.

The fact that you can play on Heisman level with QBA 0-5 and CPU Pass Coverage at 100 is all i needed to know that it's not sliders or the level you play on that is the problem.

I'm well aware that players blow coverages but come on not at the rate i see in this game. I've seen videos on the main boards with guys really happy that their player made a great play deep and i only shake my head because really who couldn't make a great play deep vs the CPU in this game. It's so bad that a WR rated in the 60's or 70's can abuse a CB with 90 Man or Zone coverage because that CB goes brain dead once you get him isolated on a island deep.

It's the game programming....no speed threshold or gameplay speed can fix broken AI Logic EA has to take action on it themselves.

They might not have meant to create a game with such wide open big plays down the field but ultimately IMO that is what we have right now in this aspect of gameplay and there is no middle ground
Play, Haven't found it as bad in coach mode,but I also haven't tested the plays that exploit it alot so will see
Nhl-Sharks
College sports-Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #42
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Pass Coverage Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
This is why i have put the game down booker21 i'm simply not feeling the CPU pass defense.....It's not a game killer but lets just say i'm going to waite and see what EA does with a patch or Tuner before burning more hours on NCAA 12

This years game sorta reminds me of Madden 11....I spent months trying to fix one issue with that game and it simply couldn't be fixed.

The fact that you can play on Heisman level with QBA 0-5 and CPU Pass Coverage at 100 is all i needed to know that it's not sliders or the level you play on that is the problem.

I'm well aware that players blow coverages but come on not at the rate i see in this game. I've seen videos on the main boards with guys really happy that their player made a great play deep and i only shake my head because really who couldn't make a great play deep vs the CPU in this game. It's so bad that a WR rated in the 60's or 70's can abuse a CB with 90 Man or Zone coverage because that CB goes brain dead once you get him isolated on a island deep.

It's the game programming....no speed threshold or gameplay speed can fix broken AI Logic EA has to take action on it themselves.

They might not have meant to create a game with such wide open big plays down the field but ultimately IMO that is what we have right now in this aspect of gameplay and there is no middle ground
Yeah i understand what you are saying. To me this is HUGE.
I believe you are doing the best thing, wait for a patch or fix.

If this is what we get because they removed the suction..

BRING THE SUCTION BACK! ha ha really... how they break something so important as a Deep passing?

I feel bad when i complete a deep pass now, rather than happy.

Also how the hell the testers didnīt see this when they were testing the game? i mean.. is so easy to see.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #43
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikris
Play, Haven't found it as bad in coach mode,but I also haven't tested the plays that exploit it alot so will see
the only way to play, in some way is by ask coach... because this way it limited you the time to go deep.
The problem is, that the Computer AI Logic is flawed, so even when they are 21-14 up.. 30 sec left. on your own 30 and your ask coach tells you "go deep with a four vertical or any deep streak pass" the computer... calls...................... cover 2. GOD!.. so this makes things worst..

result...

easy TD.. you tied the game.. and you are... hap.... nope.. you are ANGRY because EA missed or didnīt care about this issue.

Oh well..
Old 07-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 1

Jarrod... Same here brother, I can't imagine not playing a game not on the hardest difficulty. The only game I have found where I COULD NOT play on the hardest level is MLB the Show. I haven't played it for a couple years though, but when it comes to Madden and NCAA the hardest level is the only way to get a challenge. I play on fast and tweak the sliders to make it even harder than Heisman every year. I don't like very fast b/c then it looks like an arcade game instead of a beautiful football game. But I also never thought so many guys played on lower levels but hey whatever makes it fun for you. I just don't agree with people saying things are too easy until they play it on the toughest levels. Heck in real life if a guy can sit in the pocket for 5 seconds he will shread everyone too. I agree there is some logic broken on the vertical play calls and the post/flag route combos but this game is pretty competitive to even the most experienced Ncaa fans.

Question: Do you guys find that deep passes are broken or just deep passes on certain plays? I have a good percentage of deep balls thrown incomplete or knocked down not called on 4 Vertical plays and plays with 3+ guys running go routes with posts and flags. I think a lot has to do with the play call, because we are all agreeing the logic is messed up: ex: 20 seconds to go and they are blitzing in bump and run, but usually that is when we call a 3 or 4 vertical play call and then were unhappy. You could call those plays all game and the same would happen but that is just when we notice it most. I think if they would just fix the way they defend the 3 or 4 vertical play calls that the logic in turn would fix itself. I don't see a major problem on any other kind of play calls.

Last edited by NutsackII; 07-20-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:35 PM   #45
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsackII
Jarrod... Same here brother, I can't imagine not playing a game not on the hardest difficulty. The only game I have found where I COULD NOT play on the hardest level is MLB the Show. I haven't played it for a couple years though, but when it comes to Madden and NCAA the hardest level is the only way to get a challenge. I play on fast and tweak the sliders to make it even harder than Heisman every year. I don't like very fast b/c then it looks like an arcade game instead of a beautiful football game. But I also never thought so many guys played on lower levels but hey whatever makes it fun for you. I just don't agree with people saying things are too easy until they play it on the toughest levels. Heck in real life if a guy can sit in the pocket for 5 seconds he will shread everyone too. I agree there is some logic broken on the vertical play calls and the post/flag route combos but this game is pretty competitive to even the most experienced Ncaa fans.
hmm i guess iīm not the only with "english is not my 1st language". have you read the thread?

The problem with the Deep pass happens with every level, slider, whatever combination you want..

QB acc 0, Heisman and deep pass vs Cover 2 is.. hmmm 40% ? sometimes 50%

This is a Huge issue regardless the Levels, sliders etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 04:00 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 1

I'll just ignore your "English" comment and get to the point.

If you READ my post, you'll see I talk about the play call YOU the HUMAN makes, not the defense. The logic behind the late half/game playcalling on their part doesn't make much sense but sometimes it isn't what they call but how they react to your play even if they make a correct playcall.

I stated I don't see as big a problem with deep balls unless you call certain PLAYs such has 3/4 verticals or a post with a flag combo.

Now the way the computer defends those plays won't change on lesser levels of difficulty, but lesser levels will definately dictate how much easier it is to take advantage of.

In all Mr. English teacher, the conclusion of this essay is rather simple. The computer's late game/half play calling needs to be fixed and the way the computer defends those certain play calls needs addressed; unless however you disagree that every deep route is open every time no matter what play you call. I don't know where you stand on that stance.

Please grade lightly that way I don't get spanked when I get home to mother.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 7
Quote:

If you READ my post, you'll see I talk about the play call YOU the HUMAN makes, not the defense. The logic behind the late half/game playcalling on their part doesn't make much sense but sometimes it isn't what they call but how they react to your play even if they make a correct playcall.

I stated I don't see as big a problem with deep balls unless you call certain PLAYs such has 3/4 verticals or a post with a flag combo.

Now the way the computer defends those plays won't change on lesser levels of difficulty, but lesser levels will definately dictate how much easier it is to take advantage of.

In all Mr. English teacher, the conclusion of this essay is rather simple. The computer's late game/half play calling needs to be fixed and the way the computer defends those certain play calls needs addressed; unless however you disagree that every deep route is open every time no matter what play you call. I don't know where you stand on that stance.

LOL! A
Nhl-Sharks
College sports-Miami Hurricanes
Old 07-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #48
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:

Any streak route is open against a Cover2.
Not only the 3/4 vertical.

The S just canīt cover the WR

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »