Home

Sliders, CPU vs. CPU, and stats

This is a discussion on Sliders, CPU vs. CPU, and stats within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Keep tweaking...you will get it.look more at your runs per carry stat ,and Qb percentage after you get that right,then work on your time to get the right amount of plays.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Sliders, CPU vs. CPU, and stats

Final score...
Auburn 40
Georgia 59

These teams are scoring enough points in a game to cover 2 games and getting enough yards to cover at least that.

Auburn: 10/25, 255 yards, 2 TD; 24 rushes, 177 yards, 3 TD
Georgia: 12/26, 235 yards, 1 TD; 57 rushes, 415 yards, 2 TD; in the red zone TWELVE TIMES.

Almost 1100 yards of total offense is not fixable. 132 plays is dead on in the range of normal number of plays, but cutting that 8+ yards per play down to about 5 is probably hard to do. So I'll probably stick to 8, but I tend to run slower so 8-9 is probably going to keep the plays in that 140 +/- 10 range.

I'm burned out right now, but I'm hoping that Human vs. CPU will turn out to be great with these, which is what the sliders were intended for in the first place.

Thanks for the info. I probably haven't worked hardcore on sliders since NCAA 06 so I'd like to get a great set here. SN's are hopefully a good starting point. I will also remember to turn off home field or play at a neutral site or something. Probably will use even teams as well just to get a good base. There are things broken that I know can be corrected because people have said they've gotten great games with sliders thus far. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 7

Adjust the offensive CPU sliders down, like pas accuracy and RB ability, and blocking, increase the the defensive CPU sliders, like pass rush. It's not that hard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash
Adjust the offensive CPU sliders down, like pas accuracy and RB ability, and blocking, increase the the defensive CPU sliders, like pass rush. It's not that hard.
I'll crank them all the way up/down depending on which one later and see if it has a dramatic effect. It's going to take something dramatic to cut offensive production down by 50%, but at the same time, QB's are already not completing passes so turning QB accuracy is going to hurt that. If anything, I need to turn accuracy up and hope the turning running down and defense up gives a solid result.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:39 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Try Varsity at 8 mins....it was ok at default. Needs less run d and cut down on the fg kicking.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:03 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 10

I'm actually rather satisfied with mine:

Varsity
7 minutes
0 speed threshold

I've seen breakaway runs with these, it just all depends on the play calling. QB scrambling is also very nice too (as long as your QB is scrambling at the right time and not directly towards an opposing player lol). Seriously, give these a try.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Old 07-17-2011, 08:50 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob2342
Try Varsity at 8 mins....it was ok at default. Needs less run d and cut down on the fg kicking.
What he said. Varsity 8 min default is perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

I moved to trying out Human vs. CPU and SN's sliders aren't too bad. Need some tweaking for me as I need 10+ minute quarters and the kicking game is sad to say the least. I'll try out varsity for CPU games when I'm working on something today or tomorrow and see how it goes. If I do coach mode at all, playing on what I was could get ugly. I may call plays differently than the computer, but I doubt I could prevent that many points a game even haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »