Home

Sliders, CPU vs. CPU, and stats

This is a discussion on Sliders, CPU vs. CPU, and stats within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Sliders, CPU vs. CPU, and stats

First off, I want to know if sliders are even relevant in computer only games. I find it much more realistic to test in these applications to see if results are even close. If sliders do have an impact, then I need some help!

I watched 2 CPU games this morning, one on Heisman and one on AA. I know am going with AA because of the dumb field goal logic on Heisman and I don't have to brag to the max that I play on Heisman. I had some good AA sliders on NCAA years ago but I'm actually into this game and want it to work. The problem is the stats. The unbelievably unrealistic and **** stats!

I used teambuilder teams for this which may be part of the problem, but they were all closely rated; poor, but closely rated. I need to it with teams more like Auburn vs. Alabama and see if it still happens. Any way, the stats. The quarter lengths are producing almost the correct number of plays (~147 per game, but I doubt 8 minute quarters fixes it), but these plays are god-like, or the defense is horse**** haha. Warning: there are no typos below.

Heisman - 9 minute quarters
McNeese State - 59
Lamar - 38

Mcneese: 13/20, 185 yards, 1 TD; 50 rushes, 450 yards, 7 TD; 5 interceptions; 635 yards of offense on 70 plays
Lamar: 14/32, 216 yards, 1 TD; 36 rushes, 168 yards, 3 TD; 1 intereception, returned for TD; 384 yards of offense on 68 plays

AA - 9 minute quarters
Colgate - 87
Holy Cross - 62

Colgate: 36/59, 638 yards, 7 TD; 25 rushes, 72 yards, 3 TD; 2 interceptions, 3 fumbles recovered; 710 yards of offense on 84 plays
Holy Cross: 12/28, 345 yards, 5 TD; 44 rushes, 420 yards, 4 TD; 765 yards of offense on 72 plays

Really??? 1475 yards of offense in a single game? Sure, 156 plays is too many. I wish the computer did not rush so much, but 10.6 yards/play for a team? That's twice the average last year.

I'm going to run one more game with two good teams and see if this keeps up, but if sliders do affect CPU vs. CPU games...

CAN THIS BE FIXED???

At least when I play I can try to slow the game down a bit, but I doubt I can slow it down that much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Try SNs slider set ,they will improve your stats greatly.I use them and I'm finding there pretty darn good.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Re: Sliders, CPU vs. CPU, and stats

Will do immediately. Georgia just broke a 75 yard touchdown run on the first play against Auburn. Way way way too much offense.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

For CPU vs CPU games, 9 minutes is WAY too long. Should be 6-7... Try to get around 120 plays (pass attempts + rush attempts for both teams).
Old 07-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #5
Rookie

Maybe turn down run block,turn up run D and turn up tackle ,bump 5 at a time until you find a happy middle.plus when I test sliders turn off home field advantage or use a neutral site.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash
For CPU vs CPU games, 9 minutes is WAY too long. Should be 6-7... Try to get around 120 plays (pass attempts + rush attempts for both teams).
I cut it down to 8. 136 was the average number of plays last year in FBS. First the problem was time of possession, but I was like, as long as the number of plays is right. Now they get so many yards on each play that it's the yardage you have to try and get right, even if it means they are cut short 20+ plays.

edit: Thanks for the home field tip. I'll try that for the next game. I'm trying SN's for Auburn/Georgia again and it already seems a bit better, but it's early. Georgia drove down field, but they got slowed in the red zone.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Try this. Tackle ability 55
Run block 45
Run defense 55
Pass rush 35
Int 25
Pass defense 40
QB 20
WR catch 45 to 50

The rest at 50 ... And this is only for CPU vs CPU

Old 07-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

I think at this point, it is safe to say that CPU vs. CPU is never going to converge to the mean. Guess I'll try the sliders out in an actual game and maybe get some better results. It's not has bad as 80 whatever points, but at the end of the 3rd, it is 43-26 Georgia and the Bulldogs are about to score again. Auburn's no huddle just kills it because they go 3 and out in 30 seconds or less every other drive. Wish there were more options to slow the computer down with clock management. I doubt removing the homefield advantage will fix it up either.

Teams are on pace for 138 plays which is right in that range. It may not turn out to be as bad as I thought, but every game should not be a shootout with 90+ points scored combined.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »