Home

What's the Theory on these Zero Based sliders?

This is a discussion on What's the Theory on these Zero Based sliders? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: What's the Theory on these Zero Based sliders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
i just lowered mine to 25, seems like it's opened up the passing just a tad bit for me.
Ok. Everyone seems to be jumping back and forth talking about the speed threshold, and the standard positions sliders. Which one are you asking about?

If your asking about the position sliders, the theory behind having them set at zero is that players will have to rely on their true rating without any boost given to them by the sliders.

For example, if you have an 80 rated Olineman, the sliders jacked up too high will make him play like, lets say an 85 rated lineman. Where as, with the sliders set at 0, he can only play at his 80 rating. Thats the theory.

This doesn't work for every position though. For example, a RB with a zeroed out RBAbility slider probably wont execute spins and jukes. So he's actually not playing to his rating, his playing below it. You just have to figure out what works for you man.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 07-16-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:29 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

My zero based sliders are based on what PlayMakers has preached about. I just applied it to Heisman because Heisman level is juiced up for the CPU.

So, basically do anything you can to solve the "juiced up" and twitchiness that comes with playing on Heisman - and you get a zero approach. This doesn't mean every value is zero, but their certainly not at 50 or above. There are some exceptions however.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #11
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

the threads original intention had nothing to do with speed threshold. it was intended to as the theory on zero based sliders, which i thought was putting all sliders at zero.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
the threads original intention had nothing to do with speed threshold. it was intended to as the theory on zero based sliders, which i thought was putting all sliders at zero.
Thats what I thought - and addressed as so.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:35 AM   #13
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
We have tested for over 100 hours since release. Only way to eliminate bs plays is to keep threshold high. Otherwise any player with 90+ speed will blow defenses away. It eliminates the verts isssies too
I would agree with this for most of the sliders Ive tried. Canes being very interesting at 65. But i have to say that matts have played the best and most realistic and they are at 0. The players ratings counting so much is what lets you do this. The qb's just arent accurate to throw the perfect ball, the wr aren't so amazing they catch it. The D stays with the WR's on go's because the cpu gets a bonus on sliders. so if wr catch is 5 and cpu pass D is 5 the cpu is really at 10 or 20. This has also eliminated the Int's and D touchdowns when there Int's. also no lb's jumping because the lb's and db's play the wr and only react on the ball as it gets to the reciever. so the ball is mostly going by a late reacting db on bad throws. very realitic looking. I played tons of practice mode with alot of the sliders and even as hard as it is to use that 0 slider give them a try. these do have a speed to them that's different to most and the flow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »