Home

canes21 NCAA 12 Sliders

This is a discussion on canes21 NCAA 12 Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 02:56 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
canes21 NCAA 12 Sliders

Just like last year I am going to be posting my sliders I use. I try to get a game that looks realistic and plays realistic. I am talking 3-4 seconds in the pocket against a good rush, good corners shutting down your receivers, and good running teams(think Wisconsin) pounding your defense. But I also want the user to have the same power. If you have a star CB, then expect him to play like one. If you are playing a weaker team, then it should be an easier win, but not guaranteed at all.

Like last year I went into practice with my Miami Hurricanes and picked one play on offense and one play on defense and ran through it 20-30 times while watching everything from the linemen and their behavior to how quickly CB's were reacting in man and how safeties were playing their zones. I timed the pass rush, watched how quickly CB's broke down, and I watched for mirroring. I wanted to get the most realistic results while also viewing the most realistic gameplay.

I am not saying these are the best sliders, or the most realistic. I am saying these are what I find realistic. Some people may love them, some may hate them, and some may use them as their base set to start off with. That's why I post them.

With these sliders I also try to get an even balance while keeping the challenge there. When working on the pass rush and pass protection for the user, I have a specific goal. When I run a 4 man rush against a 5 man protection I expect around 4 seconds. Once I get constant results I like, I then switch sides and let the CPU run the offensive play while I run the same defensive play. I then try to get the same exact results since they're the same exact teams.

I do that for the pass rush, pass blocking, pass coverage, run defense, accuracy, etc. I want the CPU to have as much power as me when using the same teams. That is what I find realistic. If we both can pull off the same amount of success, then I am happy because that usually means the game is going to be tough against the CPU, but still realistic.

So here we go.

V1.2

Skill: Heisman
Quarter Length: 8 Minutes
Game Speed: Slow
Speed Threshold: 65(I like it higher to limit the amount of big plays and defensive TD's)

Game Rules(I personally feel these are a user preference, but will be posting what I am using right now. I don't really like how the game handles penalties, and to get a realistic amount of penalties you have to get an unrealistic amount of the penalties the game does call like holding, clipping, facemask, and roughing the passer)
Offsides: 75
False Start: 75
Holding: 55
Facemask: 55
Offensive PI: 99
Defensive PI: 99
KR/PR Interference: 99
Clipping: 55
Intentional Grounding: 99
Roughing the Passer: 63
Roughing the Kicker: 99

---------------User--CPU

QB Accuracy:--25--15
Pass Blocking:--55--45
WR Catching:--50--50
RB Ability:------50--60
Run Blocking:---50--50
Pass Coverage:-60--45
Pass Rush:------60--45
Interceptions:---50--50
Rush Defense:---15--75
Tackling:--------45--35
FG Power:-------45--45
FG Accuracy:----20--40
Punt Power:-----45--45
Punt Accuracy:--20--85
Kickoff Power:---45--45

The sliders that will be on this post will always be the most updated and are likely to change over time. As we all get better these sliders may need to be a bit harder. Or they might be hard enough to be a challenge all the way up until NCAA 13. As much as I'd like that to be, the truth is these are going to be changing over time and will eventually reach a stage where they are as good as can be, but to get there we need people to try these and leave feedback.

*Link to solo online dynasty showing using the sliders.*
http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_use...2&sku=512A0001

In my online dynasty I am using one of the first additions of the community rosters and I also went in and edited ever HC and OC's run/pass ratio to accurately reflect how they ran their offenses last year. So if you want community rosters with correct run/pass ratios then you can download them from my gamertag.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 07-20-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 03:39 AM   #2
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: canes21 NCAA 12 Sliders

I'll try these out first thing in the A.M.

Do you have any house rules?
Such as no switching on defense? I never switch except if the ball is thrown in the air deep, and I know I can get a pic.

Last edited by JSHT21; 07-13-2011 at 03:43 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm about to try theses out. I'll post my stats and tell you how it went.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
Rookie

Alabama vs. Arkansas
I was Arkansas and I lost 56-28. I'll make a complete write-up when I get on a computer. You'll see why I lost so bad.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Question: why game speed on slow?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Want me to scrap my stats then?
Old 07-17-2011, 11:37 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm going to start an Online Dynasty as Miami with these sliders so it will be very easy to follow my stats for every game and it will be fun playing all the games. I was getting a little bored around half time every time I was doing play now with these. I'll have the link to the OD in the main post here shortly, so be looking out for it.

Dynasty site is up. I will be writing about each game, so read the stories if you want. I will mention what I feel needs to be messed with. If you see something that should be tweaked is is worrisome, then please leave me feedback in this thread.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 07-18-2011 at 01:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »