Home

Manning18's Varsity CPU Vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Manning18's Varsity CPU Vs CPU Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #49
Rookie

Manning18's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Manning18's Varsity CPU Vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaf8
I tried out 2 games using the same teams (Michigan vs Stanford) one with name rosters and one with the default rosters. The named rosters game Luck did run the ball but usually after not finding anybody to pass to. I only saw him take off quick once. DRobinson did scramble 9-10 times for around 60 yrds. I then played with the default rosters. Luck scrambled a few times but nothing crazy but Robinson never scrambled once. Plus the flow of the default roster game was bad compared to the named roster. I'm not gonna download any patch because i'm worried it will break other parts of the game that are working great. I'm loving your sliders so I'm sticking with them and the named rosters. I started a dynasty and all the games I watched flowed great. Even the sacks are distributed between players not just DTs. Option still doesn't work right but can't have everything I guess.
Glad your liking them, I think I may start a dynasty as well to just to experience recruiting and what dynasty mode has to offer. I will also be working on a set for unnamed rosters and impatiently waiting for EA's patch. Man they **** me off! I'm with you on the flow of the game, it doesn't feel right with default rosters but I'm hoping I can fix it by adjusting the sliders.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #50
Rookie

zdmetal's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by heaf8
Option still doesn't work right but can't have everything I guess.
Funny you say that, I watched a GT at Air Force game and there was a ridiculous amount of negative plays. Plays either went for -5 or +50. It actually turned into a decent game in the second half though. Air Force won 34-21.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:59 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

i watched 10 games in a dynasty with oregon state. with the rush defense set to 30 like in the OP. the starting running back had ten runs of 20+ and averaged 7.7ypc, both of which led the nation. he's only an 80ovr, and isnt very fast

i would bump the run defense up so that the LB's and secondary are more reactive
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 11:29 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Ever been to a place called Los Vegas or played a game called Grand Theft Auto,Call Of Duty, Mass Effect or any game with a rating that indicates the content not intended for younger gamers....oh by the way tickets for live games are rather costly these days last I paid in Cali to see a USC game cost me and my mate 160.00 some odd dollars,I don't mind watching sporting events on TV ala "Monday Night Football" or College games.

As for the sliders they're working out fairly well for me but I'm noticing alot of offense in them I'll try some of the recent changes and see what happens with then as for defensive sacks by other players on the other side of the ball.

Rickster101
no have never been to los vegas but have been to las vegas....160 for tickets doesnt shake me at all especially on my salary....but with a 3 month old...sunday ticket to watch all my steeler games is the place for me....

just find it odd u spend 60 on a game just to let it play on its own,...like i said to each his own...glad u enjoy...
Old 07-23-2011, 02:20 AM   #53
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7

Running a CPU vs CPU game right now with OS community rosters and AA slightly adjusted sliders. I also edited defensive playbooks and took out a lot of the blitzes and turned down defensive aggressiveness in the coach sliders to help with the run game. I may also put the pass defense at max to help with that. I'm still seeing too many run plays get jacked up in the backfield.

Part of the problem is the blocking especially on outside runs and option plays is messed up. I've seen O-linemen ignore a d-lineman and run upfield to block a LB and leave the d-lineman free to blow up the run play. I don't think that can be fixed with sliders.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

okay, i was in atlanta for the week so i just picked the game up yesterday. Thank you Manning for posting your settings so quickly, i appreciate it, i love CPU vs CPU and it seems like they are really getting the broadcasting down right! Thank you again, if i make any mods that help i will post them too!
Old 07-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #55
Rookie

Manning18's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomremix
okay, i was in atlanta for the week so i just picked the game up yesterday. Thank you Manning for posting your settings so quickly, i appreciate it, i love CPU vs CPU and it seems like they are really getting the broadcasting down right! Thank you again, if i make any mods that help i will post them too!
Hope you like them, definitely let me know if you have any suggestions. These are a solid starting point anyway, but they are a work in progress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 08:21 AM   #56
Pro

OVR: 10

I might have to try these out in my dynasty. I guess I'll use these for my final game of the regular season. I'm coaching Purdue, so our final game is on the road against Indiana.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »