Home

Manning18's Varsity CPU Vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Manning18's Varsity CPU Vs CPU Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
Rookie

Manning18's Arena

OVR: 3
Manning18's V 1.4 (Dynasty) Varsity CPU Vs CPU Sliders

Here is version 1.4, and very close to final if EA doesn't make a lot of gameplay changes in the upcoming patch. This set is for dynasty mode only, they will not play as well in play now mode. They are also for defualt rosters until the patch is released later this month to fix the roster tendency issue. I haven't tested these in coach mode, but I have been told they work well for that mode also. All feedback is welcome and appreciated. Thanks everyone for giving them a shot and thank you Gatfootball for giving us this fantastic set.

**Put the sliders in for both human and CPU, not sure if it makes a difference but better safe than sorry**

**Make sure and turn home field advantage is turned off, with HFA on it will give the home team an unrealistic amount of rushing ypg if they are the substantially higher ranked team.**

Version 1.4 (Total credit for these goes to GatFootball, I merely tested these through 30 games to make sure they played well and yielded realistic stats and they they definitely do)

Gameplay Options:

Skill Level: Varsity
Quarters: 8 Mins
Game Speed: Very Slow
Speed Threshold: 0
Home Field Advantage: Off (Very important)
Everything else on(Default)

Penalties: (Credit SECElite3)

Offsides: 100
False Start: 95
Holding: 53
Facemask: 55
Off PI: 100
Def PI: 100
KR/PR: 100
Clipping: 53
Intentional Grounding: 100
Roughing Passer: 51
Roughing Kicker: 100

Sliders:

QB Accuracy: 85
Pass Blocking: 65
WR Catching: 65
RB Ability: 70
Run Blocking: 65
Pass Coverage: 40
Pass Rush: 100
Interceptions: 20
Rush Defense: 100
Tackling: 75
FG Power: 40
FG Accuracy: 40
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 70
Kickoff Power: 55

Auto-Subs (Credit MKHarsh33 & Gatfootball)

QB Out: 65
QB In: 70
RB Out: 89
RB In: 90
WR Out: 80
WR In: 85
FB/TE Out: 80
FB/TE In: 85
OL Out: 65
OL In: 70

DT Out: 80
DT In: 85
DE Out: 80
DE In: 85
LB Out: 80
LB In: 85
CB Out: 70
CB In: 85
S Out: 80
S In: 85

Last edited by Manning18; 08-15-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Manning18's Varsity CPU Vs CPU Sliders

I'll give these a shot later tonight, but I'm curious, how did you decide on Very Slow?
Old 07-18-2011, 11:04 PM   #3
Rookie

Manning18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzaguylol
I'll give these a shot later tonight, but I'm curious, how did you decide on Very Slow?
To me it seems like it helps the receivers get seperation from the defense. I also like how the game plays on very slow.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:32 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

THESE SLIDERS ARE PERFECT!
Pitt VS Penn state 21-7 Penn state wins

LSU AT TULANE--LSU WINS 69-7

UCLA at SDSU--UCLA 42-7

I played more and most have been blowouts because I've done it with mismatch teams. I will do even teams next.
USC AT OREGON AND TEXAS AT MIAMI will be next.

Manning you are the man
Old 07-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #5
Rookie

Manning18's Arena

Icon14 Re: Manning18's Varsity CPU Vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARAMS
THESE SLIDERS ARE PERFECT!
Pitt VS Penn state 21-7 Penn state wins

LSU AT TULANE--LSU WINS 69-7

UCLA at SDSU--UCLA 42-7

I played more and most have been blowouts because I've done it with mismatch teams. I will do even teams next.
USC AT OREGON AND TEXAS AT MIAMI will be next.

Manning you are the man
Glad you like them. How have the interception and sack numbers looked in your games so far? I'm considering dropping the interceptions slider a little bit.

Last edited by Manning18; 07-20-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 04:13 AM   #6
Rookie

zdmetal's Arena

OVR: 6

I've done two games and I'm watching a third as I type this. I really like these so far but my only problem is that every game has been a blowout. I'm guessing the problems I'm seeing have more to do with the game than your sliders though. I was wondering if turning off homefield advantage would do anything? Because the home team kicks *** everytime for me, though the home team was definitely better in both cases below.

WIS 49 vs. MIN 7
BOISE ST. 38 vs. TCU 7
IOWA 14 at IOWA ST. 7 (Halftime)

EDIT: The final score of my Iowa St. vs. Iowa game ended up as a blowout as well with Iowa winning 42-10 on the road. At least the home team didn't pillage this time.

Last edited by zdmetal; 07-20-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #7
Rookie

Manning18's Arena

Icon14 Re: Manning18's Varsity CPU Vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdmetal
I've done two games and I'm watching a third as I type this. I really like these so far but my only problem is that every game has been a blowout. I'm guessing the problems I'm seeing have more to do with the game than your sliders though. I was wondering if turning off homefield advantage would do anything? Because the home team kicks *** everytime for me, though the home team was definitely better in both cases below.

WIS 49 vs. MIN 7
BOISE ST. 38 vs. TCU 7
IOWA 14 at IOWA ST. 7 (Halftime)
Wow that Boise St vs TCU score scares me, I realistically can't see TCU getting blown out by Boise like that. Did TCU have any injuries to a starting QB or anything, if not that's a big concern.

As far as the home team dominating, I am noticing the same thing on my end. It seems even if the teams are fairly even ratings the home team has an unrealistically significant advantage. I'm going to test this when I get off from work tonight by using the same team against itself (Example USC vs USC) and see if the home team wins in a blowout. I'm also working on another issue, I wasn't seeing enough sacks(maybe 1 or 2 a game) and they were always by the DT. I'm bumping pass block down a little bit and increasing pass rush a bit to hopefully allow the LB to get to the QB a few times on blitzes. If these changes don't blow up in my face I'll post the updates tonight. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

I've had games with a number of sacks and int's. I too have had blowouts but I had an upset. Western KY 24 Kentucky 10.
The home teams do seem to win the majority of the games but I'll run 5 games today to see how it plays out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »