Home

ESPN College Football: Global Sliders

This is a discussion on ESPN College Football: Global Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
ESPN College Football: Global Sliders

I wanted to throw my knowledge into a set of sliders. This is my first year on NCAA College football so I don't know about the headaches of past NCAA games. I have played MADDEN for over 20 years and each year I thoroughly test sliders playing game after game trying to memic as close to a real life football game as possible of what we see on saturdays and sundays.

I am not claiming to be the best SLIDER GURU or anything like that I just wanted to post these to see if any of you guys would be willing to give these a try by testing them as well. I personally don't like when guys disect a game and lower things to 0 or max it out at a 100 to make the CPU play a certain way when the game was meant to be played out of the box to the players TRUE RATING. So that level is 50 but some areas are to weak or to dominant I get that but to cut it below normal or raise it above the normal level is insane. I have used the 35/65 several years on different sports titles (since thats all I play) but this formula seems to work out great not to ABOVE or not to UNDER.

Please if you tried all the others or you are curious what type of results these offer play 3-5 games not just 1 game before you start asuming the worse but post your stats. I choose "ASK COACH" both offense and defense while only controlling the LE without switching. I also dont try to air it out all the time taking longer drives when I am up by more than 21-28 points.

Skill: VARSITY
Injuries: On
Fatigue: On
Quarter Length: 10 minutes (This will give you realistic stats and T.O.P. You should try to get 30 mins T.O.P. per game).
Play Clock: On
Coaching Tips: Off
Game Speed: VERY SLOW
Player Speed Threshold: 65
Home Field Advantage: On
Ice the Kicker: On
All Penalties Max except Holding: 50 Facemask: 50 & Clipping: 50 Roughing The Passer: 50
Auto-Sprint: On
Auto-Strafe: On

OFFENSE: (USER/CPU)
QBA - 35/35
PASS BLK - 65/65
WR CATCH - 35/35
RBA - 65/65
Run Block - 35/35

DEFENSE: (USER/CPU)
Pass Coverage - 65/65
Pass Rush - 35/35
Int - 65/65 (Make a mistake and you pay for it)
Run Defense - 35/35
Tkl - 65/65

SPECIAL TEAMS: (USER/CPU)
FG POWER - 35/35
FG ACC - 65/65
PUNT POWER - 35/35
PUNT ACC - 65/65
KICK-OFF POWER - 35/35

AUTO SUBS: These SUB OUT and IN are the best I've used this year they actually work like they should when you used 10 minute quarters.

OFFENSE
QB OUT:0
QB IN:1
RB OUT:70
RB IN:90
WR OUT:70
WR IN:90
FB/TE OUT:70
FB/TE IN:90
OL OUT:60
OL IN:90

DEFENSE
DT OUT:70
DT IN:90
DE OUT:70
DE IN:90
LB OUT:70
LB IN:90
CB OUT:60
CB IN:90
S OUT:60
S IN:90

Thanks to MKHARSH for the template.

Last edited by Houston; 07-21-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 11:30 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: ESPN College Football: Global Sliders

Played a game with Alabama Me / Georgia CPU

36 to 28 Running game for both a little high, but only one game.
Passing stats GOOD, 65 Threshold worked better than I would have guessed.

I'll try another game soon and post impressions and stats. Could you Post your games and stats too.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:50 AM   #3
Rookie

Wesman's Arena

OVR: 7
Ok, I just tried these and it's late so I didn't get the stats, but I felt obligated to post!

I have tried out a few of the more popular sliders on varsity this year and while I was digging some things about them o had some serious concerns... Namely CPU broken tackles leading to huge rushing numbers and impossibly good pass blocking by the CPU.

I figured I'd tried these cause I was about to break my game in half anyway. Tried them to the "t" in a play now game, I was Lsu vs Tulane. Ended up winning 42-10, which I feel is quite reasonable. Was Actually closer than the score would indicate. Both schools got late 4th Qtr. Touchdowns that were kind of bush.

What I love about these the most is the feel... Both on offense and defense, it just feels tighter.

So far, only concern is the low value of pass defense. See alot of players getting maaaaajor separation on crossing routes when they probably shouldnt, but I'll give it some more games and see

These are, without a doubt, after one game, my favorite sliders this year. Might have saved this game for me.

Trying to resist slider-itis. Long Timer.
http://www.youtube.com/user/WesmanY2k/
Old 07-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
MVP

Houston's Arena

Hey guys I just realize I input 1 or 2 CPU sliders wrong and made the corrections. But what i had wrong was CPU CATCH 65 when it should be 35 and the CPU BLOCK 65 when it should be 35. I made the corrections and will start a game now and post stats when done.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Wesman's Arena

OVR: 7

One thing bothering me is the inability of my QB to scramble, so I just did a little test...

My 85 speed 87 acc QB just got ran down (directly) from behind on a sprint by a DT with 62 spd...

Im assuming the only way to adjust this is speed threshold?

Trying to resist slider-itis. Long Timer.
http://www.youtube.com/user/WesmanY2k/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 04:17 AM   #6
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman
One thing bothering me is the inability of my QB to scramble, so I just did a little test...

My 85 speed 87 acc QB just got ran down (directly) from behind on a sprint by a DT with 62 spd...

Im assuming the only way to adjust this is speed threshold?
Try threshold at 35 and post results please.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I played a game lastnight with your settings but didn't have time 2 post stats...I will later today when I get off from work. Houston is your OD still starting this weekend or are you waiting on more info about this roster glitch issue?
Old 07-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #8
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djcivic
I played a game lastnight with your settings but didn't have time 2 post stats...I will later today when I get off from work. Houston is your OD still starting this weekend or are you waiting on more info about this roster glitch issue?

Yeah a little pissed off about the roster glitch so waiting to see how its handled.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »