Home

Spooky Sliders (adjusted to a level between Varsity and AA)

This is a discussion on Spooky Sliders (adjusted to a level between Varsity and AA) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8
Spooky Sliders (adjusted to a level between Varsity and AA)

Well, I'll just come right out and say it: I'm not that great at video games anymore. I'm not as quick on the sticks as some, and in my (relatively) old age, I have stopped playing so much, maybe getting 1-2 games a week in if I'm lucky.

Bottom line: everyone's AA sliders are WAY too hard for me. I tried some AA sliders before (I won't name names, because I'm sure the person is really good at what they do, and I don't want to give them a bad name), but I lost 31-13 to Fresno State...as Nebraska. It was at that time I knew, I need a more enabling slider set. I like realism as much as the next guy, but at the same time, I like to have fun and be able to break some runs and long passes.

I'm not as scientific as a lot of people on this forum. I have simply played a bunch of games, and gone off "feel", for what to adjust. Here is what I have come up with, and I'm having some really good games (games that are supposed to be close are tough and close, games that are supposed to be blowouts are blowouts).

If the above describes you, and you just get more and more frustrated with AA, but Varsity is still too easy, give these a shot. Let me know what you think.

Skill: All American
Injuries: On
Fatigue: On
Quarter Length: 9 min.
Play Clock: On
Coaching Tips: Off
Game Speed: Normal
Player Min. Speed Threshold: 0
Homefield: On
Ice Kicker: On

Offsides: 50
False Start: 50
Holding: 60
Facemask: 75
OPI: 100
DPI: 100
KR/PR: 100
Clipping: 60
Grounding: 100
Roughing Passer: 70
Roughing Kicker: 90

QB Accuracy: (User)40/40(CPU)
This setting allows me to usually have a 50-60% accuracy with Taylor Martinez, which is typical-to-above average for him. If he doesn't set his feet, he overthrows and can't complete a pass in-game. If he sets his feet and the receiver is open, he doesn't have a hard time getting it to him. This stunts the CPU QB quite a bit, but at least he isn't throwing down the field at will on me. They usually see 50-60% passing against me as well on this setting.

Pass Blocking: 80/65
This setting needed changed the worst for me. At default and most sliders I've played, the d-line was on top of me immediately, and I couldn't get out of it, even with a speedy QB in T-Mart. On the flip side, I found it too easy to get sacks against the QB, so I've upped them both on pass blocking and am seeing good results.

WR Catching: 50/45
Not much changed here, the QB Acc setting basically helped a ton with the CPU's unstoppable aerial attack.

RB Ability: 65 75/55
At 65, I still find it difficult to run outside, but can usually pound for 2-3 minimum up the middle each time. I definitely still have to follow my blocks to break any kind of run at this level. The CPU has no problem with a good RB getting 90-100 yards a game against me, with a mix of small gains and big busted runs.

Run Blocking: 70/55
Again, don't freak out, if you are at my level. This stops the CPU from just automatically breaking a block as you run by. Now, its more like 50/50 if your OL is going to hold that block. At 55, the CPU still sees plenty of holes for big runs against me.

Pass Coverage: 60 80/40
I could not stop the passing game for the life of me at 50. At 40 it is more manageable, but usually the CPU run is working decent enough that it doesn't seem like they have to pass as much.

Pass Rush: 40/35
Again, both teams were in the backfield way too much. This along with Pass Blocking helps.

Interceptions: 30/25
The CPU was literally picking off ANY errant pass, and so was I. Anything below this setting, and they simply swat at or stonehand anything. This seems to be a happy medium for INT's that should be caught, and ones that shouldn't be.

Rush Defense: 45/50 35
I left their rush defense alone, because I want my guy to have ability, but also for them to be able to make plays. I dropped mine a little to compensate for the ever present ease in stopping the CPU running game.

Tackling: 55/40
It could just be me, but I've never seen another game where the CPU was so sure at tackling right out of the box. At 50, I couldn't shake a single tackle. It was almost down by contact-esque, except while I was still standing up. At 50 for user, my players were sliding off way too many open field tackles.

I have left all FG and Kicking the same, as I haven't worked on adjustments for them much. I did drop the User FG Power to 45, and thats it, so that my max range for a freshman kicker was 48, and thats if I just nailed it.

Anyway, give them a try. And save the "man you are awful at this game comments", because I already know.

Last edited by Spooky; 07-29-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Spooky Sliders (adjusted to a level between Varsity and AA)

Spooky,

I'm in the same boat as you. Getting (relatively) old for gaming, but still want to enjoy playing this game. I'm also a huge stat head, and love getting this game to play as close to real life as possible. The last few years that I've had this game Varsity had been too easy and AA was just a bit too challenging. I'm going to try these out once I get the game this weekend and let you know how they go.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
Rookie

Ryan77's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm in the same boat as well. Tried them out with Utah St. vs Hawaii, but made it 6 minutes. WAYYY too many facemask calls on them. Also, there was a ton of scoring, it ended up being like 52-44 them..Of course I made a few mistakes, but it was supposed to be very close and not alot of scoring. I'm going to mess with these sliders.
Rah-rah, Car'lina-'lina!
Rah-rah, Car'lina-'lina!
Rah, rah, rah!

Old 07-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

Yeah I had kind of a mixed result last night myself. Lost 45-38 to Ohio State as Nebraska. Scoring was WAY too easy, as I think this should be one of the lower scoring matchups, with two top notch defenses and questionable offenses.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

I have been messing around with different slider sets and have struggled to find one that works for me. I think my age (47), bi-focals (have to learn to move the head faster now since parts of the screen go fuzzing when just moving my eyes) and too many lingering hand injuries have slowed things down a bit...if you know what I mean.

I like the look of these and will give them a shot tomorrow. I am half way through my first season as the OC for Fresno and am supposed to play LTU next...will let you know how they work.

What does sitting the speed threshold to 0 actually do? Who does it slow down and how? I am confused about that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 11:55 AM   #6
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
I have been messing around with different slider sets and have struggled to find one that works for me. I think my age (47), bi-focals (have to learn to move the head faster now since parts of the screen go fuzzing when just moving my eyes) and too many lingering hand injuries have slowed things down a bit...if you know what I mean.

I like the look of these and will give them a shot tomorrow. I am half way through my first season as the OC for Fresno and am supposed to play LTU next...will let you know how they work.

What does sitting the speed threshold to 0 actually do? Who does it slow down and how? I am confused about that one.
Speed threshold at 0 makes it so QB's are visibily faster than LB's, etc.

The higher the number, the less difference in game the speed ratings make.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

Thank you so much for posting these and answering my question about the speed setting! I had an AWESOME game for a change! I decided to scrap what I had been doing and start over as a HC with Fresno State. I just played my 1st game against Kent State (C team) and the game played fantastic and I really enjoyed it.

I was 10/19 passing with 179 yards and 3 TDs. My RB (who is a 92) had 15 carries for 202 yards with 2 TDs. I gave up some big plays (59 yard TD pass) when my DB missed the swat and their RB (who was a 78) lite me up for 8.6 yards per carry...but even with this...it felt good!

Thanks again!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #8
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

I must really suck at this game. I have now adjusted User RB Ability up to 75, because I can't run well on any FBS schools, I'm only good against FCS schools running.

I also lowered the Rush Defense for the CPU down to 35. I'm starting to get more realistic rushing lanes now, and am not getting slammed in the face for a 1 yard loss after trying to run outside.

Additionally, I had to raise the User pass defense rating up to 80, because Nebraska probably has a top 10 defensive backfield in the country, and every QB I face has no problem throwing against me.

Jesus christ this game is frustrating.

Last edited by Spooky; 07-29-2011 at 09:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »