Home

Old 07-25-2011, 04:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Sliders Tutorial

I was being sarcastic sir and after playing this series for over 10 years I have never heard EA really tell any of us what the sliders really affect. Come on man read between the lines.
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....
Old 07-25-2011, 09:56 PM   #10
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah nobody knows. A lot of people here make slider sets and claim it does this or that. Then a week later completely change it. It's a placebo effect for a large part and people seeing what they want to see a lot of the time. That said they do make a difference, just nobody knows exactly how much. You'll see slider sets getting tweaked months from now. It's more art than science. The best you can do is really tweak some of the most blatant issues by cranking related sliders 15 to 25 points. Somebody telling you the game suddenly plays wildly differently because they tweaked some slider from 50 to 55 is probably fooling themselves.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:31 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
Yeah nobody knows. A lot of people here make slider sets and claim it does this or that. Then a week later completely change it. It's a placebo effect for a large part and people seeing what they want to see a lot of the time. That said they do make a difference, just nobody knows exactly how much. You'll see slider sets getting tweaked months from now. It's more art than science. The best you can do is really tweak some of the most blatant issues by cranking related sliders 15 to 25 points. Somebody telling you the game suddenly plays wildly differently because they tweaked some slider from 50 to 55 is probably fooling themselves.
That's a negative outlook - yet I blame EA.

With that said, I created my sliders for my own benefit - and eventually started to see the glaring issues that people would see - be dumbed down slightly. I'm not saying it's a pure fix, I'm not a programmer nor do I have access to EA's code - but we have to work with what we got. If you just go on playing every NCAA title expecting for it to be perfect - it won't be. As long as the company name is EA Sports, and that's the only college football game out there - there will never be a bugless game.

Remember, we are tweaking the game to reduce the amount of times the problematic animations generate. The goal is to make it as simulation as possible - and utilize these (or any) sliders to improve on a, by default, stale college football gameplay experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 02:05 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

I just cant take another persons sliders and use them so I just start mine from scratch and take a few weeks to get them right. Many slider people on here have been through everything from one slider partially affecting another, offensive sliders affecting defensive sliders and vice versa and all the way to completely broken ones.

In a perfect world I could put in my sliders from last season and the stats I am looking for and have the game come up with new ones based on what has changed in the game from last year to this one.
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....
Old 07-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #13
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove7
I just cant take another persons sliders and use them so I just start mine from scratch and take a few weeks to get them right. Many slider people on here have been through everything from one slider partially affecting another, offensive sliders affecting defensive sliders and vice versa and all the way to completely broken ones..
That's really the only way to do it. Sliders are an imprecise science and so much of the claims by slider authors here are anecdotal. You really have to just play and play and tweak on your own. I release a slider set each year but not until the game's been out several weeks, all the patches are in, and I have a real dataset to work from.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »