Home

Casual All-American Sliders for the Passing Impaired

This is a discussion on Casual All-American Sliders for the Passing Impaired within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #25
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Casual All-American Sliders for the Passing Impaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMan
Too much defesnive power
The cpu still has too much defensive power, or you have too much D power?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #26
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinemaniac
not sure if you have been paying attention or not but pass coverage slider is backwards....100 = 0 and 0 = 100 I noticed you were at 0. If this was on purpose I apologize.
I have not had a lot of time to play the past couple weeks, but got in a couple games over the weekend, so I started to test this theory out.

Against Akron, who are terrible, I set the CPU pass coverage to 100 after the first couple of series. The first two series I didn't do well at all passing with CPU Pass Coverage at 0.

At CPU 100, I completed 3 long passes to my wideout in single man coverage with no safety help. That rarely happens in the other games I have played, I get almost no passes to the wideout, unless it is on a crossing pattern. I also completed a 10 yard hitch route.

I'll have to test against a better team, but there may be something to having the pass coverage at 100 making it easier to throw against the CPU.

At the half, I was 9-19 for 250 yards and 1 INT. That is after starting 0-3 on my series before changing the sliders.

If this works, maybe I'll try reversing the pass block and pass rush sliders to see if my o-line can block long enough for me to throw a 10 yard out pattern. HA!
Old 08-27-2011, 05:00 PM   #27
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I am also trying to figure out what the coverage slider really does. I am not particularly good...and my passing skill is horrendous. So I gradually edged the CPU Pass Coverage until it was 0...and I still sucked. Recalling a thread theorizing that the slider was reversed, I experimented moving it to 100. Initially I had some success moving the ball, but as the game wore on my success was about the same as with it at 0.

Just one game, so not a great sample..... I can't really tell if it is reversed, or has no effect at all......But whatever the case, my passing with CPU Coverage at 0 should be much more successful that at 100, and it isn't. So something is off.

Another thread mentions that the CPU changes it strategy as the game goes on, so maybe that has something to do with it???

I am a bitter old guy and in the minority on this. But I wish they would simplify the game. I think there are too many variables at play that result in baffling situations like this......CPU Strategy, player confidence, momentum, 80,000 different plays, hot routes, etc......all the stuff we have been asking for for years.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:32 AM   #28
Rookie

dplpbbp's Arena

OVR: 0

I think I've finally found the sliders that will allow me to keep NCAA 12. I'm a casual gamer with a job, wife and kids so I can't spend hours upon hours every day with a controller in my hands. That said, when I do get some time to play, I want to enjoy it. I tried several different sliders before finding this post and I have to say, I finally had fun playing. Completing passes...check. No unrealistic interceptions...check. I actually had to look twice on a couple of plays because I was waiting to make a tackle after the CPU intercepted my pass and it was actually MY guy that caught the ball. I'm sure there are many of us who don't read defenses and coverages as well as we would like to and don't go through the progressions as quickly as needed to avoid getting sacked every other pass. For those of us in this boat, I think this is the answer...great job!!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:20 PM   #29
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I am going to give these a try tonight. I have been playing on Varsity and although I can get the stats to be very realistic with Slider adjustments for both Human and CPU, the CPU just doesn't score enough points and I usually win easily. On AA the cpu I know will score more thus making it more challenging (I actually don't like playing for the NC almost every season, that's not realistic at all).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »