Home

Is Varsity the Way to Go This Year?

This is a discussion on Is Varsity the Way to Go This Year? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #17
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Is Varsity the Way to Go This Year?

I tried AA which I usually play on and the game wasn't playable for me. Varsity is 100x better and is playing fantastic for me. I have had so many great games in my Nebraska Dynasty.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #18
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
I tried AA which I usually play on and the game wasn't playable for me. Varsity is 100x better and is playing fantastic for me. I have had so many great games in my Nebraska Dynasty.
Well--famous last words for me in the post above yours, ab2c. Had my butt handed to me on AA, after getting comfortable with Varsity. I got really annoyed on AA at the psychic DB's and my QB's passes that sail right over the receiver's head. Hey--I read the coverage, I saw the open receiver, I even led him just right--only for the CPU to toss my pass into the corner seats. Went right back to Varsity. Note to self: if I feel like it's getting too easy, hey--I can raise the CPU sliders. I'm probably gonna' hang with varsity. Like you, I really did have some great games on varsity, and just haven't hit the meat of my LSU season--MS St., Alabama, and Georgia. Watch--I'll get my butt handed to me by Alabama--while playing on Varsity.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #19
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

The game does look like it plays more realistically on varsity, but I am just having such fun in my games now on AA, despite the cheating AI, that it is going to be difficult for me to switch to Varsity and spend the time needed to get a slider set that works for me there.

I am going to have to give it some serious thought, though.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 4

I could never get AA sliders to work they're a pain. I went varsity the games were vanilla, psychic db's, and less super lb's if you edit. I saw something on pre-patch play picked up Heisman sliders and am having fun. Less psychic and super defenses but you also have to be careful. I've decided if I need to edit Linebackers I'll install patch save dynasty then uninstall and play. It has been great. A little more time but it's fun.

Sliders i'm using: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html

Just so you know pre-patch there is the roster bug. It doesn't bother me about the tendencies because if you gameplan QB contain to conservative they scramble pretty well.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Varsity for NCAA and Pro for Madden with adjusted sliders is the only way I play, period. In no small part to Versuz, who is a genius when it comes to sports games and what should/should not be happening in terms of player ability, physics, realism, etc.

Varsity is the "normal" difficulty, IMO, and its the canvas on which all sliders I used are based on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 01:52 PM   #22
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerHog471
I get that your good with sliders and all but hating on other peoples sliders is low.
I suspect, SECElite3, that the tone of your post maybe didn't come off the way you intended. And hey--yours is certainly a valid opinion, of course. Maybe the poster took exception to your noting how easy a setting varsity for you, and parting with a "good luck" swipe. Kind of an "enters, farts, leaves" sort of post.

Cheers, man. Liking varsity. And glad your experience on other settings is good.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemChief
I suspect, SECElite3, that the tone of your post maybe didn't come off the way you intended. And hey--yours is certainly a valid opinion, of course. Maybe the poster took exception to your noting how easy a setting varsity for you, and parting with a "good luck" swipe. Kind of an "enters, farts, leaves" sort of post.

Cheers, man. Liking varsity. And glad your experience on other settings is good.
You are exactly correct... I apologize for the post. Has been deleted
Old 07-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #24
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

You guys see this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpn_DXww3Es

Kinda shows some stuff I found interesting and on topic for this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »