Home

Chargerrich's CPU vs CPU

This is a discussion on Chargerrich's CPU vs CPU within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Chargerrich's CPU vs CPU

As a simulation enthusiast I am finding these sliders give me a good sim experience and stats. Your mileage may vary, give them a shot and let me know your results.

The big change I have noticed is that by improving the ability of the RB and his blocking and then countering that with dramatically increased rush defense but poor tackling, I see lots of exciting short runs, more gang tackling and a generally dramatic and exciting game.

QB Accuracy: 40
Pass Blocking: 65
WR Catching: 40
RB Ability: 70
Run Blocking: 60
Pass Coverage: 90
Pass Rush: 55
Interceptions: 20
Rush Defense: 100
Tackling: 15
FG Power: 40
FG Accuracy: 35
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 50
Kickoff Power: 45

I have run 4 games with these sliders thus far and have achieved the following results (slow speed and 8 min quarters):

Alabama 24 Florida 21
Oregon 38 USC 24
Kansas 20 Army 14
TCU 41 Texas 24

I should also note that I have my speed threshold set to 10 and plan to take it down to zero. If your faster, your faster... no need to let defenders cheat IMO.

Last edited by chargerrich; 07-21-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Chargerrich's CPU vs CPU

When you say CPU v CPU, do you mean coach mode? What level is this played on? How is the CPU pass rush? CPU run game?

I just started messing with coach mode basically on default AA and I'm seeing too many close defensive battles between teams that shouldn't even be close. CPU pass rush and run game is lacking on default AA.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
When you say CPU v CPU, do you mean coach mode? What level is this played on? How is the CPU pass rush? CPU run game?

I just started messing with coach mode basically on default AA and I'm seeing too many close defensive battles between teams that shouldn't even be close. CPU pass rush and run game is lacking on default AA.
It could be that, or it may also be when you're at a team selection screen, just put the controller in the middle and hit "a", and then a box will pop up saying "no team has been selected. would you like to watch CPU vs CPU?" and then you hit "yes" and ta-da, CPU vs CPU.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Old 07-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
Rookie

Manning18's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerrich
As a simulation enthusiast I am finding these sliders give me a good sim experience and stats. Your mileage may vary, give them a shot and let me know your results.

The big change I have noticed is that by improving the ability of the RB and his blocking and then countering that with dramatically increased rush defense but poor tackling, I see lots of exciting short runs, more gang tackling and a generally dramatic and exciting game.

QB Accuracy: 40
Pass Blocking: 65
WR Catching: 40
RB Ability: 70
Run Blocking: 60
Pass Coverage: 90
Pass Rush: 55
Interceptions: 20
Rush Defense: 100
Tackling: 15
FG Power: 40
FG Accuracy: 35
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 50
Kickoff Power: 45

I have run 4 games with these sliders thus far and have achieved the following results (slow speed and 8 min quarters):

Alabama 24 Florida 21
Oregon 38 USC 24
Kansas 20 Army 14
TCU 41 Texas 24

I should also note that I have my speed threshold set to 10 and plan to take it down to zero. If your faster, your faster... no need to let defenders cheat IMO.
What difficulty level are you playing on?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »