Home

Vote: Best Slider Set?

This is a discussion on Vote: Best Slider Set? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: Vote: Best Slider Set?
SECElite3 24 35.29%
KKman187 9 13.24%
Matt10 15 22.06%
Silent Nature 12 17.65%
iBleedOrange247 2 2.94%
Oraeon1224 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2011, 12:32 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Vote: Best Slider Set?

naturally, i believed u left out mine. i posted numbers in the thread. go check them out
Old 07-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #10
Rookie

$atisfaktion-'s Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
There is no 'BEST' slider set, just the 'BEST' slider set FOR ME.
That is exactly the point as to why your vote may matter. That slider set is best for you compared to all the others that may have failed you therefore that specific slider you like gets your vote.
Quote:
You would have to have someone that has tried every set of sliders in multiple game in order to actually be able to vote as to which are "best".
Which would be someone like me, don't vote if you have no idea what other sliders are out there..

I have no idea why you all say it's a popularity contest. I don't care about anyone popularity around here. I just show up once a year & start testing / discussing multiple sliders.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #11
Rookie

Suvorov's Arena

OVR: 3

I commend you for that and think that someone that takes the time like you to do that, is a great asset to the gaming community, so thanks. However, there are few players that have/take the time to test multiple sliders with multiple games like you have and therefore, they are going to be voting on the one or two that they actually tried.

I would be much more interested in hearing your opinion on all the sliders above since you have experience with each of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
IMO not a productive post or poll. I decline to vote.

Nobody has the time to sample all of them anyway.
wrong...Ive had more than enough time to sample every single set posted.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #13
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinemaniac
wrong...Ive had more than enough time to sample every single set posted.
A sample is not every remotely enough to make an informed decision on this. You'd need to play each set in dozens of games with several team combinations.

The best slider set is the one you make yourself from your own in depth testing anyway. Someone else can offer some guidelines but one size does not fit all. Which is why this poll is fairly useless.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I respect your right to create this thread, and I hope you get the answers you're looking for.

If I may, I'll propose a different way of coming at the question of settling which slider set is most appropriate for you:

What is/are the philosophical concepts behind each set? In other words, what does each set try to accomplish as its primary objective, what does it render secondary, what does it decide to live with in terms of imperfections?

All slider sets want good gameplay, but specifically, what does that mean? Making the run game harder? Amping up defense? Compromising on special teams or the passing game?

Slider creators themselves can speak to those questions. Those who have played a given set a lot can also offer their views about what a set does well and what it does poorly.

Just .02.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #15
Rookie

$atisfaktion-'s Arena

You all make things so complicated.
..It's not that hard to play multiple games slowly while paying close attention to all the aspects of a slider set. I can rack up seven games per day at best while tweaking to my liking. If it doesn't end up fitting I move on to the next.

I don't know how to close a thread so some mod should close it for me. This is pathetic.

Last edited by $atisfaktion-; 07-26-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »