Home

I've nearly given up lol ughh...

This is a discussion on I've nearly given up lol ughh... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
Rookie

dlions20's Arena

OVR: 0
I've nearly given up lol ughh...

I'm going back and forth b/w all american and heisman and there truly is no medium. I bet there isn't one person on here that has found a slider set that is equal between pro-style rushing and running in the spread. Y do these makers even create spread offenses if they dont allow you to run in it. I try running a QB option and if i dont give the ball and try to run my lineman have let their defender just slide of them and it ends in a 3 yard loss. If anyone has found a slider set that is equal between the two please let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: I've nearly given up lol ughh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlions20
I'm going back and forth b/w all american and heisman and there truly is no medium. I bet there isn't one person on here that has found a slider set that is equal between pro-style rushing and running in the spread. Y do these makers even create spread offenses if they dont allow you to run in it. I try running a QB option and if i dont give the ball and try to run my lineman have let their defender just slide of them and it ends in a 3 yard loss. If anyone has found a slider set that is equal between the two please let me know.
The game is designed for a power/pro attack. the blocking assignments for the options...all options...are entirely incorrect. No one can honestly say they run the option flawlessly.

example is the zone read. Read the DE. he stays, you give...by the time the RB gets to the OT, the DE you read, has him for a 2 yard loss. He crashes, the QB keeps, the DE stops on a dime, and takes the QB down for a 3 yard loss.

The assignments are broken, and horribly designed.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:06 PM   #3
Rookie

dlions20's Arena

yep you got it exactly right pdiehm, thats why I cant get settled on a slider. I go from rushing for 300 ypg with pro to 50 ypg with spread. They need to fix this entirely, maybe its because they dont have football ppl in the creation rooms idk because clearly you and I seem to get it. You put it perfectly.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:36 PM   #4
Rookie

dlions20's Arena

the grass isnt even good lol on replays it looks like the grass from early 90's games
Old 07-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

Pdiehm...

Has hit the nail on the head with running the spread game... the spread running game is mostly generated by QB READ OPTION. It can be effective especially for the qb, but everytime you make the correct read on the DE, the same DE will make the play for a loss and you rarely get a crease to hit the run for the rb. If they would fix this the spread would be effective. As for the computer a new isssue this year on the read is the qb after keeping the ball will follow the rb into the hole instead of going the opposite direction. They need to fix this and make the read happen faster to put pressue on the human controlled players/defense or it will never work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Been telling people bout the broken assignments and some people don't believe me. NCAA and the pro game EA makes run on the same engine. Pro teams usually run under center and sometimes pass from shotgun. So they have the AI set up to do. You have to have a really good o-line to run effectively under the same sliders as a pro team. But the spread is run to compensate for lack of talent by spreading out the field and being able to get some running room. The formation on the games aren't spread out enough coupled with the fact that the AI is broken so it's a perfect storm of shame for the developers of a college football team. Almost half the teams run some sort of spread attack but they can't fit it in. They cut corners by not fixing the blocking AI and just let us jack up sliders when running out of the shotgun. But when you run under center you get 8 yards a carry. Ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »