Home

***Coach Philosophy Run vs Pass??***

This is a discussion on ***Coach Philosophy Run vs Pass??*** within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4
***Coach Philosophy Run vs Pass??***

OK... I have a question. Actually a couple. First of all... I was going to go into the coaching tendacies and change all the coaches run vs pass. So I decided to check out what Army was currently. The head Coach tendacies were...

Run Offense/Pass Offense 35------------65? Now this would tell me that they look to pass the ball more? I mean everyone knows that Army is a predominatly running team. So am I just seeing this wrong? Is this reversed? Does the number on the right indicate the percent of run, or the pass, as it would lead you to believe by the slider indication.

Also... When changing tendacies...Would we change the HC and the OC? Or just the HC etc.... Seems that we should change the OC as well...if not only. That way, if they leave they would take those tendacies to the new team? Just wondering. Any clarification on this would be helpful. Hope this makes sense.

Another example would be Georgia Tech. They are default at....

Run Offense/Pass Offense 25------------ 75
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
Rookie

burritos13's Arena

Re: ***Coach Philosophy Run vs Pass??***

yes! good question, i was wondering the same thing!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
OK... I have a question. Actually a couple. First of all... I was going to go into the coaching tendacies and change all the coaches run vs pass. So I decided to check out what Army was currently. The head Coach tendacies were...

Run Offense/Pass Offense 35------------65? Now this would tell me that they look to pass the ball more? I mean everyone knows that Army is a predominatly running team. So am I just seeing this wrong? Is this reversed? Does the number on the right indicate the percent of run, or the pass, as it would lead you to believe by the slider indication.

Also... When changing tendacies...Would we change the HC and the OC? Or just the HC etc.... Seems that we should change the OC as well...if not only. That way, if they leave they would take those tendacies to the new team? Just wondering. Any clarification on this would be helpful. Hope this makes sense.

Another example would be Georgia Tech. They are default at....

Run Offense/Pass Offense 25------------ 75
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...er-update.html
Old 07-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #4
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3

I understand this. That is precisely why I am asking. I want to plug these numbers in, but I want to make sure that I am reading it correctly. Based off of the defaults it would seem that they are reversed, unless I am seeing it wrong. The default for Georgia Tech is.....

Run Offense/ Pass Offense .... 25------------75.

This too me shows that they would be set up to pass 75% of the time under the default settings. Did they get these backwards? Cause they should run 75% of the time. I need to understand this slider fully and make sure that the numbers aren't reversed before I input all the new tendacies.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

Bump

Seriously.... Nobody can answer this, with all the testing that has been done? C'mon guys... I'd appreciate some feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 02:40 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

If you read the linked post you will see that it is in fact reversed: pass on the right, run on the left.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

I think they are reversed... I don't think anyone knows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »