Home

DolpFan's 10 min. Varsity CPU v. CPU sliders.

This is a discussion on DolpFan's 10 min. Varsity CPU v. CPU sliders. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football > NCAA Football Sliders
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-03-2011, 02:12 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: DolpFan's 10 min. Varsity CPU v. CPU sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARAMS
Ok dolpfan so you are seeing what I'm seeing. Big plays happen but not like they do one pass cov 100! Someone pointed that out in another thread but I forgot who it was. I'm a CPU vs CPU guy and I was thisclose to returning this game until that zero thing was pointed out.
Thats understandable.. look I'm a CPU v. CPU player like you.. The reason I like 10 minute Qs because the games feel like the games you watch on TV. When I play 7-8 minute quarters, if a good team goes down by 10 in the 4th quarter against an average team, the good team starts to make questionable play calls because the CPU feels like it does not have enough time to run their offense. On top of that it seems like the CPU come up with "miraculous" plays to pull off wins. How many times you seen a game that you know was going into overtime only to won by a team scoring on a 90 yard TD pass..I hate that..

Like the Arizona-Tulane game I posted earlier about. I believe because of the 10 minute quarters, Arizona was patient and made the right play calls late in the game. I think 10 min Qs also make fatigue work better. Tulane's defense was basically on the field the entire 4th quarter that game..The offense going 3 and out and playing not to lose but lost anyway. Tulane had 16 first downs in the game. How many of those in the 4th quarter?? zero!!

As far as sliders go, Madden sliders work the same way. The important sliders seem to "tighten up" backwards (50-0) rather than forward (50-100)..

Like these sliders here, use them as a base and just tighten them to your liking.. I did a game earlier with North Texas at Oklahoma and turned it off at halftime because Oklahoma was up 34-0 at the half... They are giving me what I want to see.. Now if North Texas was up 24-21 or something like that at half then the sliders aren't where they supposed to be..
Don't take the game back yet.. you got more testing to do

DolpFan
Old 08-03-2011, 08:25 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

You are so right about the miracle plays, especially on 4th down. I use 7-8 minutes but I'll try 10 to see what happens.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #11
Rookie

Gatfootball's Arena

OVR: 2

Was the Tulane/Arizona game in dynasty mode?

I am at work right now and have been working on slider set also.

I am curious how some of the unmatched 1st week SEC games will play using your sliders, such as Kent State at Alabama.

I like close games too if they realistically should be close.
In my eyes, Arizona should beat Tulane by 20pts at least. If you played this game in in play now mode then thats the problem.

The games will play differently in dynasty.

Also, are you using named rosters, auto named rosters, or unnamed rosters?

These all affect how the cpu vs cpu plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 8

Auto named rosters and default. What's the difference?
Old 08-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatfootball
Was the Tulane/Arizona game in dynasty mode?

I am at work right now and have been working on slider set also.

I am curious how some of the unmatched 1st week SEC games will play using your sliders, such as Kent State at Alabama.

I like close games too if they realistically should be close.
In my eyes, Arizona should beat Tulane by 20pts at least. If you played this game in in play now mode then thats the problem.

The games will play differently in dynasty.

Also, are you using named rosters, auto named rosters, or unnamed rosters?

These all affect how the cpu vs cpu plays.
Yep, the Arizona-Tulane game was in the first week of the dynasty "test". I opened a dynasty, moved some teams around and to see what will happen if some team ratings change and schdules. Remember though, if you are using custom conferences, the schedules for some schools changes.

Your right about the Arizona game. I was looking for them to win big too but i don't know maybe because the FGP slider was set to 40, instead of sending out the kicker they went for it. they could have easily scored at least 24 points in that 4th quarter if it wasn't for going for it on 4th down and they were inside the 30 4 times that quarter.

I'm using Gatorbait's rosters (For now)...

If you have a downloaded and saved a roster, it will show up as default.
I used default but when I get home I'll check again but I believe default is the one your saved roster is...

DolpFan
Old 08-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARAMS
Auto named rosters and default. What's the difference?
Default roster is the roster that you downloaded and saved in the roster folder.

DolpFan
Old 08-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #15
Rookie

Gatfootball's Arena

Ok, with my sliders here were my scores (in dynasty using auto named rosters) I used auto named rosters so that the tendencies are correct.

Kent State at Bama Bama won 45-0
Fla Atl at Fla Fla won 43-3
S.Carolina at ECU S.Carolina won 30-24 (close game, ECU led most of the way)

Stanford at San Jose State Stanford won 52-7

Only stat that was out of line was the rushing yards in the Bama game.

I will post my sliders after a few more test runs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #16
Rookie

Gatfootball's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolpFan
Default roster is the roster that you downloaded and saved in the roster folder.

DolpFan
You might want to test your sliders using default auto named rosters.
The tendency glitch will cause your games to play differently.

Its is important that you use auto named rosters because that way the players are named (game plays different with named roster) and the tendencies are also correct.

If you use the default un named roster the game will play differently also.

My theory in using default auto named roster is due to the fact I don't want my gameplay to change when EA magically fixes the tendencies.

I still expect the gameplay to change a little, but I feel these changes will be minimal if you test using the correct tendencies (i.e. auto named default roster in dynasty mode).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football > NCAA Football Sliders »