Home

DolpFan's 10 min. Varsity CPU v. CPU sliders.

This is a discussion on DolpFan's 10 min. Varsity CPU v. CPU sliders. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football > NCAA Football Sliders
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: DolpFan's 10 min. Varsity CPU v. CPU sliders.

Here are some more scores from the Dynasty test:

LSU 22, Oregon 0 (Oregon QB went down in the first half w/ a broken elbow, Out for season.
LSU only scored 1 TD, rest FGs)

Boston College 21, Northwestern 14 (BC scored all their points in 1Q, held on for win)
Boston College 15, Northwestern 0 (Replay, Parma NWQB, went down on the 3rd play of the game)

Friends of Coal Bowl:
West Virginia 55, Marshall 9 (Total yards - WVU:666, Marshall 195. WVU lead 14-2 at half.)

SMU 49, Texas A&M 46 OT (GOTY type game. TAMU had 1st & GL on the 1 in OT. SMU Int in the end zone sealed the game)

BYU 23, Ole Miss 17 (30 pens in this game, 23 were Holds..)

I like how the game is playing, but i'm gonna do two last adjustments:

HOLDING slide DOWN to 80
Rush Defense UP to 100

Holding calls happened a lot in the games above and at times disrupted the flow of the game.
There were some nice runs wiped out because of them and it seemed like runs over 30 yards were flagged.. So I turned it down in hopes of retaining a nice flow to the games.

Also I turned up Rush Defense to 100 because it seemed like average rush defenses were getting too many TFL against teams with good OLs. Remember this slider is inverted so now RDs play more like their ratings. Good RBs can use their skills and the Rush D doesn't feel so “Psychic”. Even the CPU option works better.. Plus RBs break more runs!!

I hope you enjoy these slides (those who are using them). I'm gonna use the same slides for Madden and see what happens. Thanks to all for the views, and Thanks for reading. Adjustments will be updated on the 1st page.

DolpFan
Old 08-10-2011, 10:34 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

i found these the other day and i can tell you they are the best i've seen so far. had some close games and had some blowouts but they were supposed to be blowouts. thanks bro.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #35
Banned

Check it out guys,
I did another test on the QB Accuracy and this is what I came up with:

35 = Quarterbacks would under throw passes. More short passes than long passes. Makes passes into multiple coverage.

30 = More Accurate passer. All QBs are pretty good. 50-60% passers.

25 = QBs play like they should. The gunslingers are averaging 400 yds per game. The 90 QBs have a great, accurate long ball, rarely under thrown... Throws ball away when can't find anyone.. This number works well for the 90s QBs and and 80s QB play more like 30.

Choose whats best for your games, i'm testing 25 and already had a great game between TCU and OK. St with OSU scoring a late TD to win 27-24.

UPDATE: Leave the QBA @ 30. It provides more realistic QB stats and QBs make mistakes, but make smarted decisions with the ball overall. QBs play more to their attributes. On 25, QBs were routinely throwing for 400+ every game.. and 80s QBs became gunslingers as well.

DolpFan

Last edited by DolpFan; 08-11-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 01:45 AM   #36
Banned

After doing some more testing over the weekend, I'm convinced that TACKLING and RUSH DEFENSE slides are somewhat intertwined. I found that RD at 100 tend to make the secondary a little dumb and they just let some ball carriers just run right by them. So I changed the RUSH DEFENSE slider to 60 along with the TACKLING slide.

The defense reacts more "organic" to both runs and pass plays...
So the latest change is:

Rush Defense - 60
TACKLING - 60

Of course the full slider set is on page one.. thanks

DolpFan

Last edited by DolpFan; 08-16-2011 at 01:47 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:56 PM   #37
Banned

ANOTHER UPDATE:

For those who are not aware I have crafted these slides based on Gatorbait's rosters, and, after downloading RoyalDucks76's rosters, I had made some adjustments based on His rosters.

So the slides are on the 1st page. If you are using Gatorbait's rosters, the original slides are on the 1st page. If you are using RoyalDucks76 rosters, the changes to the original slides are in parentheses...

RoyalDuck's rosters ratings are ramped up for the skill players so games with these rosters are playing a lot like gator's

Thanks

DolpFan
Old 08-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #38
Rookie

Hey dolfan. Good work on the sliders. I still think the games passing mechanics or something are flawed to a degree. I've watched all Alabama's 2011 season games twice in dynasty. Both times they gave up around 2400 passing yards in 12 games. They have the best defense in the game. I've tried different tweaks with the sliders but to no good. I guess I'll have to live with it. I mean, FCS teams in the game should not throw for 219 yds against bama. Oh well.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Once real game being Thursday, I'll beign testing these and hopefully tweaking based on what I'm seeing. I'll certainly be starting here though.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

What are you getting on average for sack numbers? I know sliders are never perfect but it appears that most of my sacks are coming from typically only one DT. Through two games my DT from Notre Dame already has 9 sacks. Would leaving PB and PR at 50 nullify the high numbers?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football > NCAA Football Sliders »