Home

Sliders are not effective

This is a discussion on Sliders are not effective within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Sliders are not effective

I am convinced after two weeks of tweeking and about reading to hang it up the sliders need fixed in a patch. They are not sensitive enough to make a difference. Am I wrong here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Sliders are not effective

I agree they are definitely not sensitive enough. I damn near have most of the CPU sliders maxed out on Heisman and it has made the game much tougher(against elite/good teams) but there not as tough as you would think with it maxed out like that on Heisman.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

Its frustrating because I spend four months or more trying to tweak the sliders to get them to feel right. Last year I only played 7 seasons on dynasty. This year the sliders are much harder to tweak.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:18 PM   #4
Rookie

xBaBaBooeyx's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm noticing a difference tweaking the sliders but it seems you have to move them 15-20 pts in order to notice a difference. The biggest issue I've had is with pass and run block. Sliders are way in my favor but I have very little time in the pocket to throw and every yard on the ground is hard earned.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:38 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

I disagree. I think that a few of the sliders are too sensitive. I've been messing with my own sliders and I can't find a good point for CPU pass coverage. I've got it at 40 right now, but it feels a little too easy to pass, but if I bump it up to 45 then it becomes nearly impossible to pass on even weak secondaries.

The same applies for Human Pass Coverage, I've got it at 50 and my DBs have difficulty covering even mediocre receivers, but if I bump it to 55 then all my guys become Nnamdi Asomugha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
Rookie

MathisJones's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I disagree. I think that a few of the sliders are too sensitive. I've been messing with my own sliders and I can't find a good point for CPU pass coverage. I've got it at 40 right now, but it feels a little too easy to pass, but if I bump it up to 45 then it becomes nearly impossible to pass on even weak secondaries.

The same applies for Human Pass Coverage, I've got it at 50 and my DBs have difficulty covering even mediocre receivers, but if I bump it to 55 then all my guys become Nnamdi Asomugha.
This is my experience, too.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32

Yea I noticed if you take any of the human sliders over 50 it has a big effect on the USER in that category. It kind of feels like it messes with the overrall feel of the game so I never take any of the human sliders above 50..

That is crazy your having a hard time passing with the CPUs pass coverage on 45.. I was shredding them with ease when I had it on default 50. Still doing my thing with it on 100..
Old 07-31-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

It's amazing that this game has just about everything a person could want....yet under the hood there are so many things screwed up right now.

Sliders have taken a sever hit this year IMO in terms of effectivness overall

As someone stated you darn near have to decrease or increase a slider in increments of up to 25 points just to notice a difference in anything one way or the other.

I can't recall a NCAA game in the past having sliders that rendered very little effectiveness overall then this years version. EA was said to have removed a lot of the suction animations and that might be why this years sliders offer very little effectiveness in certains areas of gameplay.

This might be the year where Tuners will be needed the most in order to strengthen any slider set on these boards.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »