Home

Can't Handle sliders anymore!

This is a discussion on Can't Handle sliders anymore! within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #17
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Can't Handle sliders anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Here's what I find... I develop a set of sliders, then post them here. I feel pretty content with what I have, but due to public pressure here (and the fact that nearly everyone here has a DIFFERENT skill level) I start tweaking to please the masses...

I'm starting to feel that this will be the last year I publicly share any sliders and just keep them private and enjoy them myself.

I posted a set of Madden sliders. Funny, but nearly every post has seen different issues. A number of guys say they can't get sacks, but then someone chimes in that they had 9 with one guy alone in a game. There's no fix for that, yet there's the pressure to cave in to someone's demands... So I'm pulling myself out of those threads and let them hash it out. A base set is provided, but I don't understand why someone posts "my RB can't get any yards" and then ask me what to do... "Well, raise your run blocking..." - I mean, is it that hard??
I think people feel the slider sets are set in stone and can't be changed. Like you said, making tweaks based on the feedback can be maddening. I ran into this last year with NHL 11. I get some people feeling overwhelmed with sliders, but really after you've played 10-20 games, you have a good idea of what to change.

Once I lock in on a set, I tend to stick with it and ignore the slider threads.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #18
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Here's what I find... I develop a set of sliders, then post them here. I feel pretty content with what I have, but due to public pressure here (and the fact that nearly everyone here has a DIFFERENT skill level) I start tweaking to please the masses...

I'm starting to feel that this will be the last year I publicly share any sliders and just keep them private and enjoy them myself.

I posted a set of Madden sliders. Funny, but nearly every post has seen different issues. A number of guys say they can't get sacks, but then someone chimes in that they had 9 with one guy alone in a game. There's no fix for that, yet there's the pressure to cave in to someone's demands... So I'm pulling myself out of those threads and let them hash it out. A base set is provided, but I don't understand why someone posts "my RB can't get any yards" and then ask me what to do... "Well, raise your run blocking..." - I mean, is it that hard??
I have a hard enough time adjusting sliders for myself. I can't imagine trying to please the masses. Aside from different skill sets, we all have different play styles, house rules and expectations of the game.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #19
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I am right there with you. I seem to recall sliders really coming on the scene around 2001/2002..ish. With NCAA '03, I played two or three games, made a few adjustments, and then I played 100+ games without even thinking about them. But it wasn't long after that I developed the "tweakitus". I am not sure if I changed, or if it was the game....or maybe I read too many threads here at OS???

These days, I think the games are just too complicated. Too many variables in the equation. Beyond all the plays and adjustments, there a intangibles like "Confidence" for 22 different players that the developers are trying to capture with an algorithm.
I agree 100%. Early sliders were simple, seemed to work the way they were intended, and weren't predicated on 15 other factors or slider adjustments. I think the last game that I played without massive slider tweaking was NCAA 07 for the PS2. I settled on a set of sliders that I was comfortable with about 2 or 3 days after getting the game and that's I what I used. Nowadays I'm still tweaking sliders 8 or 9 months after the game is released.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #20
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I Hate sliders, sometimes I wish they weren't there, you play aroud with the sliders more then playing the game.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 09-10-2011, 01:37 AM   #21
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

If you haven't played at least 10 consecutive games with one team on a set of sliders, then you know nothing about that slider set.
If you haven't played 25+ games total with different team styles and talent levels, then you still know nothing about that slider set.

And lastly, if you have no statistical evidence to support any claims made then you know nothing about that slider set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #22
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
If you haven't played at least 10 consecutive games with one team on a set of sliders, then you know nothing about that slider set.
If you haven't played 25+ games total with different team styles and talent levels, then you still know nothing about that slider set.

And lastly, if you have no statistical evidence to support any claims made then you know nothing about that slider set.
all the above .. false!!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 09-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

It's worse on the Madden boards....

Usually NCAA crowd is more assertive....they will make changes on their own more than the Madden crowd

The Madden crowd is the reason why I skipped doing sliders for NCAA 12 and NBA 2K11

Those guys had me burnt out last year with constant complaints about things that didn't want to tweak themselves

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »