Home

any sliders fix the wide open vertical routes?

This is a discussion on any sliders fix the wide open vertical routes? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
any sliders fix the wide open vertical routes?

Seems like no matter what i do the vertical routes are wide open. If I wanted to run Four Verticals against the computer id score 70. Now i dont but other guys in my dynasty do. Just wondering if anyone has sliders to fix the issue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: any sliders fix the wide open vertical routes?

I do hope this gets fixed by the development team or maybe even by some magic slider combo. I am playing coach mode and i've come to the point where I no longer allow my team even a single vertical route...it is just an automatic TD if the QB throws deep. I never use plays with multiple vertical routes and now it has come to the point where I have to hot route that lone receiver running the deep out to something else...

Unfortunately I see very little difference between the pre-patch and post-patch deep ball. I also wish they would just disable the cpu playing bump and run altogether as my receivers get by all too easy and are again wide open.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
Rookie

dymndheartkilla's Arena

OVR: 1
Try nerfing qba and pass block some to give them less time and make throws on the run less accurate.

Could also raise coverage for CPU some maybe. Might also close the gap if speed threshold were raised so speedy wr's were less able to pull away
Old 09-22-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dymndheartkilla
Try nerfing qba and pass block some to give them less time and make throws on the run less accurate.

Could also raise coverage for CPU some maybe. Might also close the gap if speed threshold were raised so speedy wr's were less able to pull away
What's your speed threshold set at dym? That's a good idea.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:12 AM   #5
Rookie

dymndheartkilla's Arena

Well in my online dynasty its at 50. I'd like it higher really but I had to fight tooth and nail with a couple guys to get it to fifty.

Most people like it at 0. I feel like they're the guys who feel they've earned the right to score 40 pts a game because they have a crappy 80 ovr HB with 95 speed.

Last edited by dymndheartkilla; 09-23-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

pretty much that's the only way.....

or make the WR's drop a few more of the passes by lowering the WR Catch slider.

I was shocked myself after playing the game that this was still a money play.....not sure why EA just doesn't hire 2-3 solid game testers because any guy with basic football knowledge could have told them hey something is wrong with the AI on these plays

I'm all for house rules but come on there shouldn't be house rules for playcalling to prevent the human from scoring

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #7
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Well in my online dynasty its at 50. I'd like it higher really but I had to fight tooth and nail with a couple guys to get it to fifty.

Most people like it at 0. I feel like they're the guys who feel they've earned the right to score 40 pts a game because they have a crappy 80 ovr HB with 95 speed.
ok. I've been reading about this slider all over the boards and the net and I see suggestions anywhere from 0,15,25,50,75, or 100. I've been tinkering with a slider set for coach mode (very slow speed) and had it initially at zero. Like you said that really makes the fast players-who may only have that attribute going for them-take over games. That setting also makes completed verticals almost guaranteed tds if completed. Having a high threshold may be the only way to improve the ability of d's to cover deep ball. That still won't completely help them. What do you suggest for speed threshold on very slow setting?
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:47 PM   #8
Rookie

dymndheartkilla's Arena

I've never got the chance to try out higher thresholds. Maybe this weekend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »