Home

Sydeburnz' HEISMAN Dynasty Coaching Sliders (HUM COACH vs CPU)

This is a discussion on Sydeburnz' HEISMAN Dynasty Coaching Sliders (HUM COACH vs CPU) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #33
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Sydeburnz' HEISMAN Dynasty Coaching Sliders (HUM COACH vs CPU)

I'm seeing the same thing now that Im in the A crowd. Mich at Wisc we had 81 rushing yds total and they had 91. But the game played great and I won in OT. MICH YPC 3.6 WISC YPC 3.5 and thats with me adding +5 to HUM RBA and +5 to HUM Run Block. CPU remained at RBA 60 and Run Block 0.

I see the DL getting off thier blocks BEFORE the RB hits the LOS so Run Blocking is probably going to have to go up to 5 or possibly even 10 for HUM. CPU has it's moments but again, stuffs in the backfield kill overall stats. I'm #6 in the nation against the rush as usual

Let's try +5 Run Block both sides and RBA 70 both sides. You still have to work at it though, just handing the ball off 5 YPC is not what I am looking for because it goes from hard to easy right about then.

SIMMED CPU Game stats look dead on though.

Testing:
+5 Run Block Both
70 RBA Both
Old 09-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am seeing good results playing as UCF.
I updated the sliders from your 1st page postings. Left Run Block for both at +5.
Granted UCF is a weaker team and weaker schedule, but seeing very realistic rushing and passing results.

I am going to stay with this for a bit and see what more you come up with testing.

Thanks - great sliders!
Old 09-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #35
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsavee
I am seeing good results playing as UCF.
I updated the sliders from your 1st page postings. Left Run Block for both at +5.
Granted UCF is a weaker team and weaker schedule, but seeing very realistic rushing and passing results.

I am going to stay with this for a bit and see what more you come up with testing.

Thanks - great sliders!
As Memphis I too saw great games, it's just since moving up in pay scale that it is just a smidge off in the run game. It may be the Community Roster tendencies causing all the grief but further testing is definitely warranted.

Glad you like them... have a great weekend!

Syde
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

Youre Sliders are the Best and thats the Truth the whole truth nothing but the Truth. Listen Everyone Sydeburnz is a nice guy with a good heart I am a complete jerk not just to Sydeburnz but to the operation sports universe. And all Iam asking for is a 2nd chance Sydeburnz I mean lets be honest every single person in this world boy or girl has their flaws and they cope with it. I didnt sign up xbox to have Drama I signed up to make friends and play games and thats exactly what Iam going to do. Like him or not Sydeburnz is a Well Respect Human Being who has a Great Future ahead of him I mean he took the time and effort to do this for us all and for that he deserves a Standing Ovation. I can't tell u who to be friends with thats up to u. Great Work as always.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:10 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 20

HUM RunBlock at 10
HUM/CPU RBA at 70

PSU (me) vs Pitt (CPU)

29 - 17

First Downs: 9/18
Offense: 370-365
Rushing: 27-115-1; 37-43-0
Passing: 10/24 255 2-1; 20/44 322 2-1
3rd Down: 1/10 ; 9/21
TOP: 14:07 ; 17:53
Sacks: 3.5 ; 4

Observations:
  • Running game was NON-existant for Human. The numbers look good, BUT I had a 3rd and inches that turned into an 80 scamper up the gut for a TD. Even with Run Blocking at 10, the CPU DL was off their blocks by the time the handoff was made most times, and when they weren't off their blocks, the HUM OL would release too soon.
  • Passing game still needs work. At one point I was 10/14 (2 70+ yard TD passes) 255 yards. 0/10 the rest of the way (mid 2nd quarter on)
  • HUM screen passes are an insta-sack...the whole play is a clusterf*ck most times.
  • Pitt ran 17 screen plays, completing 14 of them for 250 yards. Maybe that's their offense
  • Broken Tackles: 15 for CPU (QB alone had 5, 4 of which would have been sacks); HUM had 2 broken tackles
  • Drops 8 for HUM; 2 for CPU
I'm liking these, but certain areas gotta be tweaked, at least for my enjoyment. Only thing is, I don't know really how to adjust it. I definitely think the blocking slider needs to come up higher than 10. The CPU's just fine at 0, they were gashing me, problem was they didn't stick with it after being down 29-3.

I have a coach mode varsity going on as well with Boise State, and after squeaking by Georgia, and then Toledo (who apparently is better than I thought), I have had 3 blow outs, and Moore is completing about 71% of his passes.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:56 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 20

Just played another one vs Pitt.

Gave up 8 sacks to 2 for me. Upped blocking to 30, and still managed to net 50 yards in the game on 37 carries (QB lost 64 yards on sacks).

Things are happening on Heisman that don't on the lower levels...it's not that the game is played at a higher level of intelligence, just seems like more BS occurs (ie: screen passes can't be run against CPU, batted passes get caught by the CPU). Hell the QB still broke 7 tackles in this game, and Pitt as a team broke 23 to my 3 total.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #39
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

Bring RBA back down that's the BTK generator. RBA 65 tops and that's still a step to high really.

On HB Slip Screens LT + LFSTICK ^ your OL to get a push, that should keep your HB from getting caught up in the DE outside push so much.

Only thing I know for sure is 100% Run Block and 100% RBA = Touchdown Entire DL winds up on thier back. Run Block at 75 I can be stuffed for 4 and out trying to run up the gut.

I think the original settings are fine, the game is close and tough. In the 4th QTR I generally start ripping off long enough runs to bring up the YPC but for the first three quarters it's going to be 3.5-4 YPC which isn't terrible if the ball is moving.

When '12 dropped my usual suspects created a OD and we used SECElite3's AA Sliders. The Guy with Lattimore was running 300+ YDS per game. SECElite3 even joined my OD to try to monitor stats and adjust sliders during one long bender of a night When we pushed The Guy to a team without a Beast Back he still ran 300 YDS per game and crazy HB Slip Screen numbers because he could drop back the few extra steps it's takes to really make that play work. That's when I decided coach mode was the only way to go until a patch/tuner.

So I'm leaving it at RBA 60 and upping Run Block back to 5 until the patch, which hopefully allows us to also get outside a bit more which in turn will open up the middle.

Of course, feel free to adjust yours as you see fit in the mean time. I am managing to win by the skin of my teeth and it's taking the entire team to do it ... no one trick ponies.

Last edited by Sydeburnz; 09-03-2011 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Brief history of time added
Old 09-03-2011, 11:57 PM   #40
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

After playing more teams of varying intensity, I believe RBA 65 is projecting the intensity of NCCAF. Tired of seeing the one arm wrap tackles when the offensive player is at or near full speed, only to be hooked and crooked. This does affect every person with the ball, not just the HB so expect to see exciting WR and TE action as well... FB's are always boring TD's, but count just as much.

OP updated from 60 RBA to 65 RBA

Last edited by Sydeburnz; 09-04-2011 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Wireless Keyboat errors corrected

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »