Home

Road to Glory SLIDERS

This is a discussion on Road to Glory SLIDERS within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11
Road to Glory SLIDERS

Hi all! I am not usually one to post community sliders, but I have researched quite a bit for some Road to Glory sliders and have not found anything. Through much trial-and-error testing, I feel that I may be getting close to a set that I will settle with, and thought it may be helpful for others to see what I have found.

First and foremost, Road to Glory has some inherent problems which slider tweaking cannot fix; i.e. Quarters locked at 5 minutes. However, IMO, the game does play differently in this mode than other modes, so a custom slider set should be used if your gonna try and make a go of the RTG mode. I have played about 12 RTG seasons with an array of differently rated players/teams (although I only played as a QB). About 75% of the games were played on All-American with various slider tweaks. However, several games ago I made the switch to Varsity and it has made such a difference for me! I normally play on AA or Heisman (for all modes), but this year I truly feel the game plays better on the Varsity level with ample slider tweaks to help the CPU be more competitive. It seems that on higher difficulty levels, the CPU plays a bit unrealistically, and seems that more super-human-like plays by the CPU occur. I noticed right away that the CPU defense plays much more realistically on Varsity, with much less warping across the field, super LB, psychic CB. This is not just placebo. There is a very noticeable difference in overall CPU athleticism. I started by using mkharsh's slider set as a base and made some small tweaks. The sliders I am currently using are as follows (and they are still a work in progress!):

Skill: VARSITY
Injuries: On
Fatigue: On
Play Clock: On
Game Speed: SLOW
Player Speed Threshold: 43
Ice The Kicker: ON
All Penalties Max except Holding, Facemask & Clipping: 53 ... Roughing The Passer: 53
Auto-Sprint & Auto-Strafe ON

OFFENSE (user / cpu):
QBA- 0 / 80
PASS BLK- 40 / 80
WR CATCH- 35 / 80
RBA- 55 / 80
Run Block- 40 / 80

DEFENSE (user / cpu):
Pass Coverage- 20 /60
Pass Rush- 20 / 95
Int- 20 / 90
Run Defense- 0 / 100
Tkl- 20 / 65

SPECIAL TEAMS (user / cpu):
FG POWER- 45 / 45
FG ACC- 45 / 45
PUNT POWER- 25 / 50
PUNT ACC- 25 / 100
KICK-OFF POWER- 50 / 55

AUTO SUBS:
OFFENSE
QB OUT-65
QB IN-70
RB OUT-80
RB IN-85
WR OUT-80
WR IN-85
FB/TE OUT-80
FB/TE IN-85
OL OUT-65
OL IN-70

DEFENSE
DT OUT-80
DT IN-85
DE OUT-80
DE IN-85
LB OUT-80
LB IN-85
CB OUT-70
CB IN-85
S OUT-80
S OUT-80

Last edited by bfindeisen; 08-25-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »