Home

Heisman Sliders Question

This is a discussion on Heisman Sliders Question within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
Rookie

dre1919's Arena

OVR: 2
Heisman Sliders Question

My friends and I are playing an OD with the skill difficulty set on Heisman with five minute quarters. I have adjusted the sliders a little here and there, but I find that for the most part offensive line blocking is terrible and the interceptions by linebackers is completely unrealistic. I see there are many different slider sets on the forums here. My question is really two fold:

1. Is there a good set for Heisman level I should look into using?
2. Is it more realistic game play if I use the All American skill level and use a good set of AA sliders? If so, does anyone recommend a good set to try?
3. Are the offensive line blocking sliders once again a figure of when the blocking animation begins (as in, when a defensive player engages with the 0-lineman) or are they simply a "bump" to the skill of the offensive lineman overall?

Thanks a lot for the info and tips gentlemen, I really appreciate it.

Andrew
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Heisman Sliders Question

I prefer Heisman after trying the various slider sets, cpu players just seem to "want" the ball more... but I also prefer Coach Mode this year. It seems as soon as you take control of a team the game play totally changes to arcade mode with so called "psychic" defenses designed to compete against HUM competitors.

The only way to find sliders you like, is to try them. SECElite3's got both AA and Heisman sets which are a great way to compare the levels. Jistic's has some great sliders as does MATT. I also have a set of Heisman Sliders designed for Coach mode which are modified from SECElite3's.

Things you will have to discover yourself is what Speed Theshold you want to play at as well as what Game Speed. Both change the game considerably from the out-of-the-box experience but take some getting used to.

Sliders are designed to force the game into some fashion of a simulation as opposed to the out of the box "arcade" football EA presents. The upcoming patch #2 is set to land pretty soon which may toss all the current sets out the window, but we can only hope.

In addition, the latest OS Community Rosters are a must to really make the game shine but that too requires the upcoming patch to correct the tendency changes edited rosters are experiencing.

Enjoy!
Old 08-31-2011, 04:43 PM   #3
Rookie

dre1919's Arena

OVR: 2

Thanks bro! I printed off your and tried them out. They seem very, very nice and you're right...certain things like the speed threshold and the game speed dramatically change the game play (for the better, imho). I was thinking the nine minute quarters would rack up way too gaudy of stats but I was really surprised...you were right...they make for very realistic game stats. I think nine minute quarters might be too long for my guys that are used to five minute ones, but I am going to compromise and set them to seven minute versions. I'll see how stats come then and adjust accordingly. I definitely like the much more realistic feel and flow though, as well as the ability to actually run block! How nice! Go Irish!

Andrew
Old 08-31-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre1919
I think nine minute quarters might be too long for my guys that are used to five minute ones, but I am going to compromise and set them to seven minute versions. Andrew
8 Minutes Quarters is the magic number for online dynasty play. Quality over Quantity 5 mins is what, one possibly two possessions per team per quarter?

Have fun!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »