Home

Any slider set the CPU runs the option properly?

This is a discussion on Any slider set the CPU runs the option properly? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Any slider set the CPU runs the option properly?

I am doing a coach mode dynasty and I would love to use an option attack, but the quarterbacks refuse to read the defensive ends. 7 plays in a row he kept the ball when the DE stayed at home. the Fullback is never used by the computer. Also the quarterback will pitch the ball when there is no one close to tackling him.

Is the computer running the option something I have to just forget about?
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Any slider set the CPU runs the option properly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
I am doing a coach mode dynasty and I would love to use an option attack, but the quarterbacks refuse to read the defensive ends. 7 plays in a row he kept the ball when the DE stayed at home. the Fullback is never used by the computer. Also the quarterback will pitch the ball when there is no one close to tackling him.

Is the computer running the option something I have to just forget about?
yep...ea apparently doesn't know how to code in the option for either the user or the cpu
Old 09-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
yep...ea apparently doesn't know how to code in the option for either the user or the cpu
I have no problem running the option when I am playing. Only annoying thing is the psychic corners that run right into the backfield. Other than that I am pretty successful with it. I just wish I could run coach mode and run the option.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 09-02-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
I have no problem running the option when I am playing. Only annoying thing is the psychic corners that run right into the backfield. Other than that I am pretty successful with it. I just wish I could run coach mode and run the option.
unfortunately that CB crashing blows up the option 99% of the time. Huge mishap that needs to get taken care of.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
I agree. Normally I'm not as hard on games as some folks here, and constantly throwing out the "They need to test" comments. But how can EA not notice this? While working on the game, they must notice that a CPU option team is inept. It has been this way for years.

In my experience, it seems the defense is just too quick to get into the backfield. So most outside runs or slow developing plays just get smashed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Ball_Bag's Arena

OVR: 2

A lot of plays from Option & Spread offenses simply won't work in coach mode. It was the same in NCAA 2011. Dual threat QBs like Denard Robinson might as well be pocket passers in this game.

EA claims they are addressing this with the patch but I'll beleive it when I see it. Option plays worked much better in NCAA 2010 for coach mode.

How the **** can you design a COLLEGE football game where the key offensive elements that separate it from the NFL simply don't work??! Mind boggling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »