Home

Any slider set the CPU runs the option properly?

This is a discussion on Any slider set the CPU runs the option properly? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
MVP
 
thedudedominick's Arena
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Henderson, NV
Blog Entries: 3
Any slider set the CPU runs the option properly?

I am doing a coach mode dynasty and I would love to use an option attack, but the quarterbacks refuse to read the defensive ends. 7 plays in a row he kept the ball when the DE stayed at home. the Fullback is never used by the computer. Also the quarterback will pitch the ball when there is no one close to tackling him.

Is the computer running the option something I have to just forget about?
__________________
NHL: Vegas Golden Knights
NCAAF: Ohio State
NFL: Minnesota Vikings
MLB: Chicago Cubs
thedudedominick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
MVP
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Delaware
Blog Entries: 36
Re: Any slider set the CPU runs the option properly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
I am doing a coach mode dynasty and I would love to use an option attack, but the quarterbacks refuse to read the defensive ends. 7 plays in a row he kept the ball when the DE stayed at home. the Fullback is never used by the computer. Also the quarterback will pitch the ball when there is no one close to tackling him.

Is the computer running the option something I have to just forget about?
yep...ea apparently doesn't know how to code in the option for either the user or the cpu
pdiehm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
MVP
 
thedudedominick's Arena
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Henderson, NV
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Any slider set the CPU runs the option properly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
yep...ea apparently doesn't know how to code in the option for either the user or the cpu
I have no problem running the option when I am playing. Only annoying thing is the psychic corners that run right into the backfield. Other than that I am pretty successful with it. I just wish I could run coach mode and run the option.
__________________
NHL: Vegas Golden Knights
NCAAF: Ohio State
NFL: Minnesota Vikings
MLB: Chicago Cubs
thedudedominick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
MVP
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Delaware
Blog Entries: 36
Re: Any slider set the CPU runs the option properly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
I have no problem running the option when I am playing. Only annoying thing is the psychic corners that run right into the backfield. Other than that I am pretty successful with it. I just wish I could run coach mode and run the option.
unfortunately that CB crashing blows up the option 99% of the time. Huge mishap that needs to get taken care of.
pdiehm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.
 
Cardot's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Slider Hell
Posts: 6,081
Re: Any slider set the CPU runs the option properly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
yep...ea apparently doesn't know how to code in the option for either the user or the cpu
I agree. Normally I'm not as hard on games as some folks here, and constantly throwing out the "They need to test" comments. But how can EA not notice this? While working on the game, they must notice that a CPU option team is inept. It has been this way for years.

In my experience, it seems the defense is just too quick to get into the backfield. So most outside runs or slow developing plays just get smashed.
Cardot is online now  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #6
Rookie
 
Ball_Bag's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jun 2007
Re: Any slider set the CPU runs the option properly?

A lot of plays from Option & Spread offenses simply won't work in coach mode. It was the same in NCAA 2011. Dual threat QBs like Denard Robinson might as well be pocket passers in this game.

EA claims they are addressing this with the patch but I'll beleive it when I see it. Option plays worked much better in NCAA 2010 for coach mode.

How the **** can you design a COLLEGE football game where the key offensive elements that separate it from the NFL simply don't work??! Mind boggling.
Ball_Bag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 PM.

Top -