Home

Help me understand regarding sliders at 0

This is a discussion on Help me understand regarding sliders at 0 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
Help me understand regarding sliders at 0

Default is 50
Max is 100
Minimum is 0

at 0, a player will play true to their ratings, correct?

at 50, a player gets a boost in their ratings

at 100, a player gets a big boost to their ratings.

Obviously since some sliders are reversed, you can't do it...but suppose they were working correctly, if 0 plays to their true ratings, why can't you set everything at 0 and let the ratings take over?

Or am I misunderstanding, and 50 is where their actual ratings come into play?

Also, what attributes make a QB throw the ball downfield vs checking to the flat, or a RB hitting the hole rather than dancing and bouncing outside. Reason I ask is, I'm using syde's sliders (I guess SEC's as well) and playing in coach mode (much more enjoyable and less frustrating than playing IMO), and my QB rather than throwing downfield as designed, checks to the flat about 60% of the time, even if it's covered. Is that AWR?

Last edited by pdiehm; 09-07-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Help me understand regarding sliders at 0

Evidence points to All American @ 50 being default player ratings... but there is also a very strong argument that Varsity @ 50 is default player ratings.

You also have to take in the fact that we don't know how much each slider affects ratings, ie: 0 means 0, 0 means 50%, etc.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
MVP

I'm sure it's not varsity 50. I just played a half (in coach mode) where PSU outgained Ohio State 210-40. I bumped to AA/50, and OSU had 87 yards in the 2nd half (I had 150). So it appears that my offense/cpu defense is set right, just getting my defense and their offense set right.

It may be that my defense needs to be 25, and the cpu offense at 75 for true ratings to appear.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5

in 2011 if you set the RBA to Zero the RB ran like a QB beginning a Option Read. In 2012 RBA Zero and the RB is slowed down mabe a few percentage points (5-10%). At Zero Tackles, tackles still happen, at Zero QBA throws still find their target more times than not.

That suggests that zero is closer to ratings than it was last year at least. Then, if you offset your zero slider on the other side of the ball it stands to reason both sides are at the same level. So Pass Block 0 Pass Rush 0 seems to play just as well as Pass Block 50 and Pass Rush 50 albeit a touch slower.

My Hesiman coach sliders have a majority of sliders set at zero and the games play great for me. Not sure how it would play with HUM stick though.. never tried it. It is pretty evident that regardless of your sliders .. as soon as a HUM stick is on the field the CPU defense goes all Rambo
Old 09-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydeburnz
in 2011 if you set the RBA to Zero the RB ran like a QB beginning a Option Read. In 2012 RBA Zero and the RB is slowed down mabe a few percentage points (5-10%). At Zero Tackles, tackles still happen, at Zero QBA throws still find their target more times than not.

That suggests that zero is closer to ratings than it was last year at least. Then, if you offset your zero slider on the other side of the ball it stands to reason both sides are at the same level. So Pass Block 0 Pass Rush 0 seems to play just as well as Pass Block 50 and Pass Rush 50 albeit a touch slower.

My Hesiman coach sliders have a majority of sliders set at zero and the games play great for me. Not sure how it would play with HUM stick though.. never tried it. It is pretty evident that regardless of your sliders .. as soon as a HUM stick is on the field the CPU defense goes all Rambo
Yeah, I'm done using the stick in this version. It's absolutely no fun. I'll go as far as to say I probably won't buy 2013.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
Rookie

bucnomore11's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
Evidence points to All American @ 50 being default player ratings... but there is also a very strong argument that Varsity @ 50 is default player ratings.

You also have to take in the fact that we don't know how much each slider affects ratings, ie: 0 means 0, 0 means 50%, etc.
Why doesn't EA release information detailing this information?
Old 09-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucnomore11
Good... question...
Old 09-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucnomore11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzaguylol
Good... question...

Who knows why... maybe they truly don't know... or that the sliders don't actually affect anything all that much and therefore by telling us that, it would just make sliders obsolete really.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »