Home

Sydeburnz's ALL-AMERICAN Dynasty Coaching Sliders (HUM COACH vs CPU)

This is a discussion on Sydeburnz's ALL-AMERICAN Dynasty Coaching Sliders (HUM COACH vs CPU) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Sydeburnz's ALL-AMERICAN Dynasty Coaching Sliders (HUM COACH vs CPU)

Also, I should note that I've been trying to get the sacks under control for some time now. I played a game last night against Kentucky and only surrendered 1 sack. I'm still a little reluctant to call screens (although they do work some for me), but I'm learning to change up protections, keep a TE/RB back, etc. Certainly the longer routes tend to lead to more sacks, but that seems realistic to me.

What EA didn't pick up on, thankfully, was the fact that Stephen Garcia was going to turn into an absolute train wreck this year.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:11 AM   #50
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Game two for Florida was home against UAB. Another blowout.

Total Yards:
Florida- 452yds
UAB- 95yds (sacked 8 times, QB had -46 rushing yards)
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 10-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #51
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurisprudent
but I'm learning to change up protections, keep a TE/RB back, etc. Certainly the longer routes tend to lead to more sacks, but that seems realistic to me.
That is the key to sack prevention. If you see the safety crowding the line you better hot route one of your backs to block. Another indicator that you need to hold your back is when your QB starts passing to him in the flats due to pressure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 10:36 AM   #52
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurisprudent
I may try some of these out. I've already been playing with these with a few minor changes (mainly the threshold to 50) which I've enjoyed. I play as South Carolina... perhaps my roster file just has Wooten as an inaccurate FG kicker, but I don't make much over 40 yards. The CPU does, so maybe your change is good.

Question - what do the changes in things like roughing the passer really accomplish (other than the obvious)? I ask because I've never seen that penalty actually called, so I assume changing it by 1 or 2 pts is actually accomplishing something else?

Also, if memory serves me correctly, I changed my game speed to slow b/c I felt like I was seeing too much warping (back when I was using threshold of 65) and overall everything just seemed a little frantic. I think I left it there... does that really make any difference on Coach mode?
Roughing the Passer is a love it or hate proposition. At 54 you will never see one at 55 you will see 4 or more.

As for threshold. My concept on these sliders was to reduce the affect of RBA's speed increase but giving it to all players accross the board. Of course, if it is a bell curve as mentioned then I made the ball carrier faster still.

I'm going to piddle with Speed Threshold some more on Normal to see if there is any really difference. I will play a few games on Normal 0, 50 and 100. I still think it speeds up slow players and doesn't affect fast players but I'm not about to start stopwatching a video game

Last edited by Sydeburnz; 10-06-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 13

I've been using these in a seperate San Diego State coach dynasty, and I like them, but I just can't stand how dumb the QB's are in All-American. CPU and HUM both will 8/10 times just stand around as open WRs make their cuts and run free right by. They take forever to make a decision, and then they usually just air it out of bounds. My QB is a 92ovr with 91awareness, and he still is so slow to react to the WRs being open. Wish this was fixable with sliders somehow.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #54
Pro

kcsam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydeburnz
Roughing the Passer is a love it or hate proposition. At 54 you will never see one at 55 you will see 4 or more.

As for threshold. My concept on these sliders was to reduce the affect of RBA's speed increase but giving it to all players accross the board. Of course, if it is a bell curve as mentioned then I made the ball carrier faster still.

I'm going to piddle with Speed Threshold some more on Normal to see if there is any really difference. I will play a few games on Normal 0, 50 and 100. I still think it speeds up slow players and doesn't affect fast players but I'm not about to start stopwatching a video game
Are you still using threshold at 60? Or have you changed?

Which set of sliders do you think play closest to reality stat wise? Your All American, or Heisman? Thanks
Old 10-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #55
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

On AA I still use 60. I think both play about equal as far as stats go. The Heisman set is less forgiving.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 06:28 PM   #56
Pro

kcsam's Arena

2 quick questions:

1) Are you suing the sliders from page #1 or page #5? There are a few different tweeks between the 2. Threshold is different as well. Page 1 is 60, and page 5 is 50. Just want to see what everyone is using before I start my new dynasty.

2) Is there something specific you have to change in dynasty setup in order for it to recognize coach mode? I tried a game a few minutes ago in dynasty and I didn't see the option for coach mode. Up until this point, I have just been playing around in exhibition coach mode. In that mode I just push the circle button at the team selection screen and change to 'coach', but I do not see this in dynasty. I am starting my dynasty as offensive coordinator only, does that have something to do with it??

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »