Home

Slider Set for Run-First Spread Option Teams?

This is a discussion on Slider Set for Run-First Spread Option Teams? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2011, 02:30 AM   #1
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11
Slider Set for Run-First Spread Option Teams?

Anybody got recommendations for a slider that helps out for running a run-first spread option playbook?

I'm fine using a pro-set playbook, but the line bugs are killing me with spread teams. Specifically, I'm looking to neutralize:

(1) Read option: the read-DE crashing on the RB but still being able to insta-pivot and hit the QB behind the LOS. This is the most important to me as it's a foundational part of the run-first spread.

(2) Brain-dead blocking by the FB: I'm talking total whiffs, blocking the wrong gap, etc.

(3) Psychic awareness by the CBs: immediately crashing run as soon as the ball is snapped. If only the option-pass actually worked, right?

FWIW, I've been testing all read-option plays using Oregon against Akron. I figure if the plays won't work against one of the worst Ds in the game, then they're effectively broken against the most teams. Anybody have ideas?

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 03:28 AM   #2
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Slider Set for Run-First Spread Option Teams?

Oraeon1224's sliders should help. He is the guy that originally identified the CB crashing in on run plays and determined that a Rush Defense of 30 or less seemed to nullify it.

Option Spread offenses still need a lot of EA love and it is not easily correctable via sliders as it makes the Pro offense overpowered.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7
I run alot of spread option,but my set is Coach mode.
Nhl-Sharks
College sports-Miami Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »