Home

QBACC and Sacks

This is a discussion on QBACC and Sacks within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
QBACC and Sacks

Over the years, I've learned how the QB ACC slider works. It has nothing to do with Pass Comp %, but rather it establishes the "Cone" of effectiveness for a QB's RAnge. As you raise the QB ACC slider, the QB completes longer passes. If you lower it, he brings the ball back down.
That being said, I've been trying to fix the number of sacks in both NCAA and Madden. I'm wondering if anyone has noticed a difference between a QB taking a three step drop, and a five set drop.
Perhaps the answer to the sack issue is to lower the QB Acc slider?
Shorter routes =less sacks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: QBACC and Sacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadia147
Over the years, I've learned how the QB ACC slider works. It has nothing to do with Pass Comp %, but rather it establishes the "Cone" of effectiveness for a QB's RAnge. As you raise the QB ACC slider, the QB completes longer passes. If you lower it, he brings the ball back down.
That being said, I've been trying to fix the number of sacks in both NCAA and Madden. I'm wondering if anyone has noticed a difference between a QB taking a three step drop, and a five set drop.
Perhaps the answer to the sack issue is to lower the QB Acc slider?
Shorter routes =less sacks?
My Heisman Coach sliders have QBA at Zero as well as Pass Rush and Pass Block and there is still an average of 3-4 sacks per team per game.

With Pass Coverage at Zero the middle opens up a bit more that alleavites it some, and tackle at 5 allows the QB to escape occasionally and they arent afraid to run now but if you send more guys than they can pick up he is going to get hit.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Actually you are wrong about the QB accuracy slider. It controls the AI completion percentage. If I setup the same play with the same defense the AI completion percentage changes remarkably as the slider moves up or down. Even short routes are missed fairly commonly with accuracy at 0 on settings other than Heismann (which gives QB accuracy a boost). All these sliders just modify the players ratings up or down, and this one adjust the QB pass accuracy.

What is most frustrating about this slider is that the deep pass % actually doesn't change from 0 to 100 only short and middle passes. This is completely bone headed. Hopefully, EA will eventually have short, middle, and long accuracy sliders. If you want more short passes the only option is to lower threshold setting (allows corners to catchup on deep routes) and lower pass coverage which leaves short routes and middle routes more open (I use mine at 47 and 40 currently). Also increasing pass block to give an unrealistic amount of time to pass also reduces sacks but gives up more deep plays.

The real problem here is that the AI quarterbacks regardless of ratings have badly written AI. If no one is open and the DL is on you, please throw the ball away, don't force the pass or take the sack. Right now they don't use their dumpoff receivers and they don't throw at a receivers feet. If EA would fix this the game would be remarkably better. Of course then people would whine that they aren't getting 4-5 sacks per game.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

While I agree with most of your point regarding QB AI. I have found that WR Catch slider determines Pass Comp % more than QB Accuracy. If you start with QB Acc at default 50, you will passes roughly 25-50 yards down field. Whereas if you lowered it to say 25, you'll see completed passes in the 20-35 range, thus lowering or raising the total yards passing per completion. But it doesnt determine percentage, again, thats WR Catch most years.
Nevertheless, my qustion still remains, does a shorter passing game alleviate Sacks?
Old 10-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadia147
Nevertheless, my qustion still remains, does a shorter passing game alleviate Sacks?
What am I, chopped liver?

"My Heisman Coach sliders have QBA at Zero as well as Pass Rush and Pass Block and there is still an average of 3-4 sacks per team per game"

But if you mean "Does throwing Quick Slants and outs help alleviate sacks" the answer is yes but Roughing the Passer goes up

However, on my recently heavily tested AA coach sliders, based on Oraeons Stats & Sliders, the QB seems to react to pressure better. I've seen the QB whirl around and sling the ball very quickly just as the D was about to have him in hand. Was cool to see and may happen in Heisman and I just didn't pay attention.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »