Home

Anybody getting a good passing game on AA?

This is a discussion on Anybody getting a good passing game on AA? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #9
Rookie

inchez34's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Anybody getting a good passing game on AA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
If you don't mind me asking what are your other slider settings? These seem close to what I have been coming up with. Thanks.
User:
QB ACC: 5
Pass Block: 40
WR Catch: 45
RB ability: 40
Run Block: 15
Pass Coverage: 40
Pass Rush: 15
Int: 20
Rush D:5
Tackling: 20

CPU:

QB ACC: 30
Pass Block: 55
WR Catch: 70
RB ability: 80
Run Block: 60
Pass Coverage: 65
Pass Rush: 25
Int: 45
Rush D:75
Tackling: 15

^^^^This is what I'm using as of now.^^^
Old 11-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #10
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Thanks for the kind words man. I can't pinpoint if the CPU ACC slider does anything, but I am positive the game gets real messed up when you lower the human accuracy below 50. You'll be hard pressed to see the AI complete 50% of its passes if you lower human below 50. In fact most stat lines will be 6/19 or something like that before you just turn the game off.

I play mainly on Heisman, but with Accuracy sliders at Default, I even saw the FCS east QB complete 24/36 against Central Michigan. The game was actually a challenge against FCS before I pulled away late.
I give credit where credit is due man. I've not really went back to Heisman due to the FG logic that Heisman has, but have been really considering making the move back. It's really the only thing that has turned me away from Heisman this year. I can get real challenging games on AA at times, but at times I feel that even the upper tiered teams suffer from playing on AA. I actually started using ND's S.O.S. sliders with some of my own tweaks (adding in Fist's QB Acc test and also messing with the Run Defense slider that fist reported controls not only run defense but also the way the defense reacts to a pass). I actually was getting DESTROYED by Alabama as Tennessee in my 2nd year of dynasty on AA with my hybrid sliders. Alabama come out on FIRE and Alabama RB Eddie Lacy had over 200 rushing yards in the first half!! It was 31-0 at the end of the first quarter! I have NEVER been challenged that hard on AA. The final score ended up being 38-26 Bama and had Eddie Lacy not got injured I don't think I would've mounted the comeback that I did. Who knows? The following week I played against #3 South Carolina and I was thinking if the game before against Bama was any indication, I would be dismantled in this game. It was a completely different story. I simply shutdown South Carolina's offense and their defense was helpless against my Tennessee squad. I know my Tennessee offensive squad is pretty good in the second year, I still however feel like I should've been challenged more. I ended up beating #3 South Carolina 30-7. South Carolina was 6-1 and I was 4-3 before this game. I know records don't mean much but it just seems to me that South Carolina would've been more productive. Was this a result of it being played on AA or could it have been a "trap" game for South Carolina? I know College Football is unpredictable so I can't really say. Anyways, Fist I'm going to check out your Heisman sliders and see how well they fit me. I'll report back to you how they work.

Quote:
Yeah I agree, Fist knows what he is talking about. I have always been intimidated by his sliders (being too hard). I followed the testing at 95/5 and found it to be better as well. Are you guys saying put the passing sliders are on default setting?
Yeah, default passing sliders for both HUM and CPU. At times I do feel like my QB gets on a roll and I almost feel as if my team goes into Robo mode, but then at times I'm brought back down to earth seeing as I've put up some ugly numbers at times. It's just so hard to pinpoint what the hell EA has done to the sliders over the years. I agree, they haven't addressed the sliders in years. My belief is that they have in fact went the opposite direction with the sliders and have jacked them up worse than they ever were before. I HOPE that they ACTUALLY FIX something with the next installment of NCAA, but I'm just like the majority here as I am losing all hope with EA.

Last edited by BallinVol; 11-04-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
I give credit where credit is due man. I've not really went back to Heisman due to the FG logic that Heisman has, but have been really considering making the move back. It's really the only thing that has turned me away from Heisman this year. I can get real challenging games on AA at times, but at times I feel that even the upper tiered teams suffer from playing on AA. I actually started using ND's S.O.S. sliders with some of my own tweaks (adding in Fist's QB Acc test and also messing with the Run Defense slider that fist reported controls not only run defense but also the way the defense reacts to a pass). I actually was getting DESTROYED by Alabama as Tennessee in my 2nd year of dynasty on AA with my hybrid sliders. Alabama come out on FIRE and Alabama RB Eddie Lacy had over 200 rushing yards in the first half!! It was 31-0 at the end of the first quarter! I have NEVER been challenged that hard on AA. The final score ended up being 38-26 Bama and had Eddie Lacy not got injured I don't think I would've mounted the comeback that I did. Who knows? The following week I played against #3 South Carolina and I was thinking if the game before against Bama was any indication, I would be dismantled in this game. It was a completely different story. I simply shutdown South Carolina's offense and their defense was helpless against my Tennessee squad. I know my Tennessee offensive squad is pretty good in the second year, I still however feel like I should've been challenged more. I ended up beating #3 South Carolina 30-7. South Carolina was 6-1 and I was 4-3 before this game. I know records don't mean much but it just seems to me that South Carolina would've been more productive. Was this a result of it being played on AA or could it have been a "trap" game for South Carolina? I know College Football is unpredictable so I can't really say. Anyways, Fist I'm going to check out your Heisman sliders and see how well they fit me. I'll report back to you how they work.

Yeah, default passing sliders for both HUM and CPU. At times I do feel like my QB gets on a roll and I almost feel as if my team goes into Robo mode, but then at times I'm brought back down to earth seeing as I've put up some ugly numbers at times. It's just so hard to pinpoint what the hell EA has done to the sliders over the years. I agree, they haven't addressed the sliders in years. My belief is that they have in fact went the opposite direction with the sliders and have jacked them up worse than they ever were before. I HOPE that they ACTUALLY FIX something with the next installment of NCAA, but I'm just like the majority here as I am losing all hope with EA.

I'm looking for a challenging game and feel like I am close to a decent set, but the CPU passing game suffers ( to the point where I am giving up, it is not playable in my opinion).

I am avoiding Heisman for a few reasons. I did try my own slilder set on Heisman, but couldn't get the CPU passing game going. Also, the FG glitch started driving me nuts. I am thinking about giving Fists sliders a shot. If you don't mind posting what sliders you are using? I keep going back to the drawing board. Last night I started playing 11 again. I felt like I got a decent game with 11, but what I love about 12 and really makes me want this game to work is due to the custom conferences and playbooks. I also like the player editing. I can bring in a linebacker and make him a TE or FB if I want too. Thats what is cool about 12. I just can't get the CPU passing game going and it is frustrating to say the least.

If EA fixed the sliders, this game could be really good. It would still lack fumbles and the tendency issue would still be there. I don't see what the big deal is. It was either last year or the year before where the sliders were broke and they either tuned or patched it. The game was good after that. I know I am kicking a dead horse hear because EA has not even acknowledged there is a slider issue and it is obvious their not going to address it. They would earn a lot of customers back if they at least gave it an effort. To say this game is broke, we are not going to fix it, wait until 2013 comes out is absolutely absurd. I am done with EA until they can prove 2013 is a good game. I do not want to waste anymore time with this game. Sorry, I am going on a tangent. Anyway, if you could please post your set I would much appreciate it. Thanks for listening.

Last edited by Buckeye Country; 11-04-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2011, 10:14 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
I'm looking for a challenging game and feel like I am close to a decent set, but the CPU passing game suffers ( to the point where I am giving up, it is not playable in my opinion).

I am avoiding Heisman for a few reasons. I did try my own slilder set on Heisman, but couldn't get the CPU passing game going. Also, the FG glitch started driving me nuts. I am thinking about giving Fists sliders a shot. If you don't mind posting what sliders you are using? I keep going back to the drawing board. Last night I started playing 11 again. I felt like I got a decent game with 11, but what I love about 12 and really makes me want this game to work is due to the custom conferences and playbooks. I also like the player editing. I can bring in a linebacker and make him a TE or FB if I want too. Thats what is cool about 12. I just can't get the CPU passing game going and it is frustrating to say the least.

If EA fixed the sliders, this game could be really good. It would still lack fumbles and the tendency issue would still be there. I don't see what the big deal is. It was either last year or the year before where the sliders were broke and they either tuned or patched it. The game was good after that. I know I am kicking a dead horse hear because EA has not even acknowledged there is a slider issue and it is obvious their not going to address it. They would earn a lot of customers back if they at least gave it an effort. To say this game is broke, we are not going to fix it, wait until 2013 comes out is absolutely absurd. I am done with EA until they can prove 2013 is a good game. I do not want to waste anymore time with this game. Sorry, I am going on a tangent. Anyway, if you could please post your set I would much appreciate it. Thanks for listening.
try these and let me know what you think

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rs-needed.html
Old 11-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwhatzup
try these and let me know what you think

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rs-needed.html
I will give them a shot tomorrow. Are you getting any fumbles with the RB Abil at 100? I have tried Pass acc at 35 before and it seemed sluggish for the CPU, but pretty good for the Hum QB.

I just tried a game with both HUM and CPU Passing and Pass Coverage at 100 and both sides completed 70 percent of their passes. Couldn't believe it. I am not sure it was realistic, but I will take that over the other results I was getting with the passing ability much lower. It seemed when they were set at 100 they had quicker releases and made quicker decisions.

Didn't you have your previous sliders set at 100 for passing or was that someone else? I tried your sliders when you first posted them and liked them. I couldn't remember why I didn't stick with them. I was hung up on the lack of fumbles in the game, but for now I have almost accepted that.

I will give these a shot tomorrow and post results. Not sure how much time I will get to play, wife has been gettin on me (to do list). Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:50 PM   #14
Rookie

I know for sure there are sack fumbles. I used knowledge from what a dev said about certain ratings and what they did and applied them to these sliders. I also found my threshold setting from a video of a simulcam 40 yard dash on the nfl network. If you look you will notice the lineman will form a true pocket.The HB special skills are useful, DL special moves are useful,cb skills are useful and the receiver catching skills,receivers route running ability matters also. Take notice of the players special skill and notice how they perform in the game. These are better than my last set.

Last edited by imwhatzup; 11-05-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:13 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwhatzup
I know for sure there are sack fumbles. I used knowledge from what a dev said about certain ratings and what they did and applied them to these sliders. I also found my threshold setting from a video of a simulcam 40 yard dash on the nfl network. If you look you will notice the lineman will form a true pocket.The HB special skills are useful, DL special moves are useful,cb skills are useful and the receiver catching skills,receivers route running ability matters also. Take notice of the players special skill and notice how they perform in the game. These are better than my last set.
I read what you posted about ratings. That is interesting stuff. Why don't they include these explanations in the game manual. That would be nice. I am going to give your sliders a shot here soon. I will post some stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #16
Rookie

will do.........

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »