Home

Looking for a difficult OD slider set

This is a discussion on Looking for a difficult OD slider set within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Looking for a difficult OD slider set

Hey guys, new to the forum.

Here's the issue. Me and my buddies are in season 10 of our OD in NCAA football 12 on Xbox. We have literally tried everything to make things harder, while still being realistic and not have a cheating CPU. We have always used heisman difficulty and made a bold step last season to give the computer 100 everything, essentially making the computer as good as it could be (at least that's what we thought). That includes everything, CPU is literally set at 100 in every category offensively and defensively. We set user settings at 65 or 70 across the board depending on the category and the speed threshold is at 50. Last week in a game I beat number 1 TCU (99 across the board) 91-10. That's right, beat a 99 overall team with my 91 overall SMU squad by 80. This marks my 6th straight season (3rd straight for the other members) that I haven't lost to a CPU team the entire season. I've seen a lot of slider sets on heisman that put the speed threshold at 0...tested this and my receivers just blow DBs and safeties out of the water. I personally haven't had a game with less than 900 yards of total offense in the last 3 seasons. Now, we aren't novice players, we all play online often agains others and we all have a win percentage above 90% against other user teams. We are simply tired of winning constantly in our OD and want to make it fun again, but not at the cost of going back to our settings we had 7 seasons ago where the following things would happen:
1. 15-20% of passes literally bounce off our receivers facemasks
2. DEfensive tackles jumping up from the line of scrimmage making 1 handed Interceptions
3. Linebackers jumping 15 feet in the air to grab interceptions.
4. User QBs missing receivers by 10-15 yards 20+% of the time.
5. Entire User offensive line falling over on run plays.
And those are just to name a few. These "problems" occurred on heisman difficulty with all User stats set at 50 and all CPU sliders set at 75. We simply refuse to go back to a cheating game. Worst part is, even with the game cheating us we still never lost more than 1 or 2 games a season, and only ever to elte teams. I often went undefeated.

We want realistic play, where we still lose 2-4 times a season. Maybe we have crossed the threshold and simply cannot be beaten by CPU teams anymore I really don't know, but any help would be freely appreciated.

Note: have tried multiple slider sets offered on this site, all still resulted in us blowing out the CPU. If anyone has another set in mind my my ears are open.

Thanks again,
Kberg43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Looking for a difficult OD slider set

If the sliders are getting the desired results you want (interaction between line RB Ability, catching %, etc.), don't mess with them. Probably better off tweaking the speed thresh. If you're blowing by DBs in 0 and are winning at 50, why not try 100.

Other easy things you can do to make it harder:

- Be a worse team. Pretty sure SMU starts out as an 88. If you don't want to switch teams, Cut every player that is too dominant from your roster and fill them in with freshmen recruits/walk-ons.

- Cut certain plays from your playbook. If you find yourself scoring on the same 2 or 3 plays, stop using them (middle screen, four verts, etc.)

- Adjust player ratings of your team and/or CPU

Point is you are asking too much from a video game. You want realistic results without having any sort of game issues. The sad truth is that despite player skill level, you and everyone else who bought this game is looking for the same exact thing or there wouldn't even be a slider section.

In order to really enjoy this game you are going to have to make some compromises that may take away from "realism" if you consider your undefeated seasons realism. Whether that be more penalties called or linebackers capable of jumping higher than the field goal posts. And using other people's sets aren't 100% for every player. Most people make adjustments and use a pre-made set as a base. I recommend you do the same.

There are a lot of ways to fix the game to your liking. Play a couple and critically analyze what problems you are really having. But don't say the Computer is too easy and you've crossed some gaming threshold. If that was the case you would be able to overcome all of the issues that you've listed about the game.

And I'm not being mean but just want to be realistic. If you really want realism, setting the number of times you lose per season isn't really that realistic. If I knew I would lose 2 times a season and make a certain bowl, what's the point of even playing through the season?

Long story short, you need to identify what you really want out of your gaming experience and make sure all of your decisions to get there line up with your ultimate goal. Sometimes realism and getting desired win/loss record, stats or gameplay don't line up for every player.

Last edited by whodat7; 11-09-2011 at 08:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »