Home

All-American Sliders

This is a discussion on All-American Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
All-American Sliders

Overview:
These sliders may look intimidating compared to others, but they've given me great games. I didn't look at any other all-american sliders until after making mine. Found what seem to be some similarities to fistofrage's but havent actually compared them to say. These were made for me and my roommate's skill level. Long story short, I want teams to play how they should. Upsets should be rare, but happen. If a player/coach has bad playcalling or decision making, they should pay for it. At the same time this is college football so the offense/defense on both sides of the ball shouldn't be perfect. Speed matters more than the NFL, and a player can takeover a game, but I've only had this happen once or twice out of about 20 games. Before you judge them, try them out and let me know how they are.

Summary:
Speed matters but doesn't take over the game.

Big plays are possible but everything factors in. They're usually not just because of speed. Even on big plays, it really is a battle all the way downfield most of the time if people are near you.

Another big thing for me, I really sensed the high-risk, high-reward of blitzing without making the wrong decision ending up in an automatic rushing TD for the CPU.

Generally a not many high scoring games but have still had games up in the low 40's. Had blowouts, OTs, and Classics. When big plays happen I actually feel like I accomplished something instead of feeling I was 'entitled' to a sack, interception, big run for a TD or 50 yard FG.

Foy anyone wondering, I'm using Buckeye's rosters

Game Speed Normal
Threshold 30
8 Min quarters
Play clock on
Injuries On
HFA On
Ice Kicker On

Penalties should be set to your liking. I feel as if that's an aspect of the game that's different from sliders and everyone has had different experiences with refs, whether it's because you only watch one team, have played in certain leagues or think you know what calls should be made. My take on it is, in real life, even the officials have a booth review because they're not always sure. For me ref calling is 80% fact (blatant holds, facemasks, etc.) and 20% disputable. If anyone wants my penalty sliders I'll share them upon request

User//CPU

QBA 90//10
Throw aren't all accurate. Sliders are reversed. Computer doesn't make all throws but makes good decisions depending on the QB. If you play Kellen Moore he will play like Tom Brady, which he should at the college level. If you play Bolden from PSU, he has an arm but slips at times and makes bad decisions. That doesn't mean this is set in stone. Hot and cold streaks still play a part for User and CPU. I'm no programmer for EA but my eyes don't lie, so you can see for yourself.

PBL 45//60
WRC 35//70
RBA 45//75
If for some reason you feel the running game is too easy or too hard, this is the slider you want to mess with before anything else.
RBL 25//60
PCV 55//85
PR 25//75
Good players still get a good rush for the user. This is also low to make up for the user factor (players that tend to blitz and control the blitzer). If you're not one of those users, you may want to mess with this slider on the user side.

INT 35//45
RSH 25//90
Sort of the same concept as the pass rush slider. What I was surprised about mostly is that most of the time I see very good linemen actually pushing back the D-Line instead of pancaking all of my DE's and DT's all in the same play. At the same time, I've had LB's completely blown up by pulling Gaurds. Only reason I even noticed is because while the LB's were blown up, the rest of the D-Line usually was still standing.

TKL 30//40
This has been explained enough on other sliders. I feel these numbers capture the same ideas of how tackling should be in college. If you need explanation, watch about 5 minutes of a college game, then play. Should see the same amount of broken tackles unless your trying to lay someone out or strip the ball every play. For you aggressive players out there, remember this: A big hit wouldn't be big if everyone could do it on every play. Same goes for a strip ball.

FGP 45//45
50 is too high. 50 yard field goals shouldn't be made by every kicker. I actually tested this a while back. The furthest non-wind aided kick I think I could do with a 94 kick power kicker was around 54.

FGA 15//30
If you're a really bad kicker and don't like the pressure, move this up to 20 or 25. These have made FG kicking not just going through the motions, but actually making the play matter. Every down and every decision in football should be important.

PP 50//55
Users tend to place the ball better therefore can have longer punts. CPU doesn't do this too well so this is how I make up for it. Generally makes for lower scoring games and more exciting returns (because you get more time/space on far kicks before meeting defenders) as well.

PA 20//50
Same as FGA

KP 50//50

My Game Experience: I typed these while playing these games in a notepad. Stats can be deceptive so I didn't post them for these games. Want to focus more on gameplay feel, momentum, and general performance which are more important to me and stats usually end up falling in line anyway. Stats can always be fixed by tampering with the quarter minutes first before anything else, and I don't want to sacrifice an in-game experience for them.

PSU (Me) vs Navy (CPU)
Blocking was great. Pass rush was just like Penn State's against a team like navy. Generally had my way with this team, but still had to call the right plays and such. Running the ball ripped off big gains (anywhere from 12-30 yards), but only one was a touchdown (30 yard run). Loved this because tired of running and every run I get into (and sometimes past) the secondary is TD. I could definitely tell who could play on Navy's roster and who was a scrub. I took guesses of who was good and the ratings matched up for most of the players. Game feel felt like I could rip it open at any time but still felt [desperate] resistance from the other team.
Played Syracuse vs Toledo twice. Two totally different games.

Texas Tech (Me) vs Penn State
Texas Tech's O-Line had one heck of a battle with PSU. When I looked at the ratings compared to PSU's D-Line they were dead even. During passing plays, I was given anywhere from all the time in the world to 2 or 3 seconds to get the ball out of my QB's hands. Breakdown I'd say the feel was 55% deadlock, 15% Pancaking PSU's line, 30% PSU Penetrating. Texas Tech's high-powered offense was definitely tested in this game. Between the QB (88 THA) not always hitting his routes, the rush, and WR's being pressed big drives were lost. But just as many were made.
First play of the game I tried hit sticking the FB with two Corners. Ended pretty bad. Thought my team would have a missed-tackles fest, but they generally tackled well throughout the game and held Silas Redd to 7 YPC (due to 2 big runs that did NOT end up in scores).

Played Syracuse vs (Me) Toledo twice. Two totally different games. First game Syracuse put up 28 by the end of the half. We had 7. Came back, put the game into overtime and lost. Second game was pretty even. More of a boring game (which I was happy about), but that's how football is sometimes, especially between two mediocre teams. I think only about 3 big plays made the whole game. Beat Syracuse 17-7 thanks primarily to a Pick 6 by my Safety.

Feedback wise, I'm looking for replies regaurding the actual gameplay of more CPU related things (ex. line interaction), and not user ability because that varies too much. Honestly, I would like to hear user experiences AND gameplay feedback if you know how to distinguish the two from eachother in the context that I described. I know this was a long read, but didn't want to leave too many questions. Thanks if you took the time for this.

Last edited by whodat7; 12-13-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: All-American Sliders

For people worried about if this may be too hard I just played another good game of LSU (CPU) vs PSU (HMN) at Beaver Stadium. Won in final 2 minutes with a defensive stand. Score was 27-30. Here are stats

PSU:
QB Rob Bolden 14/26 for 213 yards 2 TD 2 INT, Sacked 2 Times
RB Silas Redd 32 Att for 184 yards (5.7 YPC)

LSU:
QB Jarrett Lee 10/25 for 193 yards 1 TD 0 INT, Sacked 4 Times
RB Michael Ford 15 Att for 75 yards 2 TDs (5 YPC)

Other notes:
LSU had 274 yards of total offense. PSU had 438.

Tyrann Averaged 12 yards on PR. PSU's Justin Brown averages only 1.6. I was shut down by their fast gunners. On KR, LSU averaged 21 yards and PSU averaged 18. Point i'm making is that LSU's special teams did stand out, as they should.

Score breakdown:
1st Quarter, 7-7
2nd Quarter, 21-10 LSU
3rd Quarter, 21-19 LSU
4th Quarter, 21-30 PSU

Game Summary: DE Eric Latimore sacked a scrambling Jarrett Lee in his own end zone to give PSU momentum and make the score 19-21 at the end of the 3rd Quarter. Penn State's defense was lights out in the second half only letting up 6 points (Bruising 5 yard TD run by M.Ford, 2 pt. conversion failed. I guessed the weak side toss and jumped on it with the safety.)

Last edited by whodat7; 12-10-2011 at 05:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »