Home

Old 07-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Threshhold #

Im playing all american difficulty with SLOW game speed. What is ideal threshold #. Played first two games at 60. No plays over 15 yards

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Threshhold #

I'm finding with my slider set, that anything between 20-30 would be ideal.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #3
Rookie

Ge1dertron's Arena

OVR: 1

HEISMAN with threshold at 15. So far so good.

My enjoyment of the game requires that fast players be able to pants slow players. A higher threshold forces the AI to equalize things unnaturally (i.e. sliding). I'd be curious how anyone feels about a 0 threshold.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #4
MVP

I think I'm going to bump up from 15 to around 25.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Less then 50 and you are creating greater speed mismatches then the ratings already produce. Sure at zero your fast players dominate. Unfortunately so does the CPU fast players. Most all OLmen suffer. Low settings make outside runs, screens, options, sweeps with pulling lineman unrealistic. How is a pulling guard, option QB, or a FB with 80 speed or less ever gonna beat a LB or DB with 85+ speed to the outside or to the line of scrimmage. It seems to me that in a race with equal speed rating the defender beats the RB to the line or outside. Especially if CPU teams put safties in LB positions like previous years (not sure if EA fixed that). Ever notice how over time in dynasty big school cpu teams just got much faster? That is why. 95 rated safeties with 98 speed playing LB. Thats why weight needs to be factored into ratings. Too many tackles for losses in this game. Even the elite OLs can't get out on a sweep without some slider help. I'd rather have a few more pancakes if I can have an actual outside run get some yards. You can get some bigger runs by RB ABLTY at 80. RBs seem toned down for 13 and need some help. Run BLK at 70 will also help. RUN DEF at 60 and TACKLE at 55 will compensate for higher RB rating. I used to play at 0 speed thresh and fast Rbs would beat even the defenders with a good angle to make a play. Outside defenders couldn't get to the middle of the field before the back was thru and gone. No RB should score on a 99 yard run in under 11 seconds. Only unimpeded track stars can do that. Yes poor tacklers will be exposed against a good RB on 80. Low Speed thresh is the number one reason for too many deep pass completions. EA added a reduction of speed for cutting DBs not so much for WR to stop the mirroring issue. So DBs get behind and beat deep often. LBs of course are getting many sacks when they have 86 speed or are replaced by super fast safeties and your OL are usually under 70 speed. Low speed thresh under 50 only widens that gap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am using 35 and seeing good results. Big plays are possible and do happen but with it lower big plays seem to happen all time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »