Home

ILiveForThis and authentic's Simulation Saturday Slider Project

This is a discussion on ILiveForThis and authentic's Simulation Saturday Slider Project within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #3601
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: ILiveForThis and authentic's Simulation Saturday Slider Project

Using USC I just beat Alabama 72-35 using Heisman default. Granted I did abuse my own house rules in doing so. I was really just wanting to test the CPU safety play so I threw the ball every play. Mostly streaks and deep posts. Anyway the safety bug is still rearing it's ugly head. I did throw 7 INTs with Barkley (mostly corner back INTs), but every time I got the ball back I just went deep usually scoring on each drive. Never once did I feel like I was going to lose just so long as on 1st-3rd downs I threw deep. Woods and Lee both ended up with 10+ catches 220+ yards and 3-4 TDs a piece. I just don't get why EA has it so that the safety back pedals to a point and just stops. Once the safety stops you go deep and the streak is usually open. The only time the CPU will sometimes stop it is when the CB is in man.

I've tried every possible slider combo on this site and even a few of my own formulas but nothing has solved the safety issue. The only thing I haven't tried is moving above normal speed so my last bit of testing and last hope before trading the game in is to try out different combos of Fast and Very Fast hoping the safeties can some how make up the ground faster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #3602
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm intrigued by the Default...unfortunately, the run game simply goes HAM both ways...by the half, I'm often running for 150+ yards and that's going lightly.

Have you thought about using 50 as a default on sliders...but only adjusting the sliders upward.

So, if running is too much, move the run block up instead of adjusting running back ability and run blocking down. If INTs are too much, move the QB Accuracy Up, not move INTs down.

Madden had a slider issue a few years back where moving a slider below 50 would break it, because testing went on at the 50 level. But moving it up wouldn't break it.

Because, if you are moving INTs down to the point of 30 or so, you are basically adjusting pass coverage AI where players aren't in a position to intercept footballs as often and leaving guys open more often, leading to higher completion percentages all around.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:47 AM   #3603
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry121283
I'm intrigued by the Default...unfortunately, the run game simply goes HAM both ways...by the half, I'm often running for 150+ yards and that's going lightly.

Have you thought about using 50 as a default on sliders...but only adjusting the sliders upward.

So, if running is too much, move the run block up instead of adjusting running back ability and run blocking down. If INTs are too much, move the QB Accuracy Up, not move INTs down.

Madden had a slider issue a few years back where moving a slider below 50 would break it, because testing went on at the 50 level. But moving it up wouldn't break it.

Because, if you are moving INTs down to the point of 30 or so, you are basically adjusting pass coverage AI where players aren't in a position to intercept footballs as often and leaving guys open more often, leading to higher completion percentages all around.
150 in a half on default Heisman? Interesting. I'm averaging just a hair over 185 for the game. Granted, I'm running pistol, but still 150 in a half regularly is impressive.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:10 AM   #3604
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
150 in a half on default Heisman? Interesting. I'm averaging just a hair over 185 for the game. Granted, I'm running pistol, but still 150 in a half regularly is impressive.
I'm nothing impressive as a gamer...I just think its the game itself that is flawed.

I'm running your base run plays in a pro set. I'm using Miami.

Sure, the CPU has some nice stops of -1, 0, 1 yards...but I gash the computer with regularity up the middle for 10-20 yards chunks and forget it if I get past the first level on a power or off tackle play...using Duke Johnson or Eduardo Clements and its big chunks every time.

I'll go into half time with maybe 20 carries for 150 yards divided between 3-4 backs. Maybe because I have one gain 90 on the ground with a few big runs in the first half and the rest get modest 20-40 yards. I've tried it with calling my own plays as well as "Ask Coach" and I'm doing the same thing with a plethora of different run plays.

I've moved the CPU run stop slider to 80 and I'm still getting a bunch of yards on routine runs.

The CPU averages a little less total yards...but their team YPC is even higher than mine.

Passing is fine outside of the interceptions.

Last edited by Larry121283; 08-29-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:40 AM   #3605
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

default heisman still sucks. I ran for 189 yards, but largely abandoned it in the 2nd half, so I probably could have racked up 250 or more. the cpu's running game is abysmal. passing game by the cpu in heisman is funny - their wide receivers always seem to find the hole on the sidelines. also, i had a replay / review in which the cpu defender caught an INT, DROPPED the ball (it clearly bounced up off the ground) and it was STILL ruled an INT.

I just don't think I can play this game any longer.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #3606
Rookie

OVR: 1

No sliders can fix this game. Just play with your son or friends and that's all you can do. The AI can't be fixed with the sliders.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #3607
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
default heisman still sucks. I ran for 189 yards, but largely abandoned it in the 2nd half, so I probably could have racked up 250 or more. the cpu's running game is abysmal. passing game by the cpu in heisman is funny - their wide receivers always seem to find the hole on the sidelines. also, i had a replay / review in which the cpu defender caught an INT, DROPPED the ball (it clearly bounced up off the ground) and it was STILL ruled an INT.

Have you played default AA? For me, the Human run game is pretty spot on. I'll have games where my RB will have a good game and run anywhere between 100-185 yards, but then have games where I get shut down on the ground, running anywhere between 50-100 yards. Of course, I dont run money run plays(if there even are any). The thing that Ive found on default AA has to do with the speed threshold at 50. Players have alot of closing speed on the ball carrier, which in my experience, really cuts down on unrealistic yardage totals. It can be annoying at times when you're RB doesnt have very good acceleration or speed, but I think it balances out pretty well.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #3608
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33

I feel you man....Ive tried so many slider sets and the game is so up and down, I just dont understand what theyre doing over at EA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »