Home

Threshold slider and wide open passing explained

This is a discussion on Threshold slider and wide open passing explained within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #9
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Threshold slider and wide open passing explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
His post is interesting to say the least, but what I have never understood is why Speed Threshold is in the damn game anyway??? I mean, since so many on here want SIM... wouldn't you want players to have their own speed?

Why EA insisted on putting this in... Hey! Let's make it so DT's can run just as fast as WR's...

Sheesh...
death how many sliders did you use last year that had threshold at default? idk if any were any were even done at 50 because ea's default was garbage. you seem to have forgotten that before they added we had dlinemen running down rb's on heisman.

good work as always oraeon. i dont thing that the threshold would be at 100 by his findings. more like 70. threshold wasnt a issue high last year as it actually made gameplay better but i didnt find that out till later in year. but the big thing the passing game needs the threshold because the coverage slider doesn not work. but the rushing and blocking do so we can use those to adjust. its already very easy to run and at 70 or 80 on heisman dlinemen wont run you down.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #10
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

Since it has been established that Heisman gives the CPU a speed advantage, it seems to me that default threshold would be ideal. Based on the research presented?
Old 07-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #11
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
death how many sliders did you use last year that had threshold at default? idk if any were any were even done at 50 because ea's default was garbage. you seem to have forgotten that before they added we had dlinemen running down rb's on heisman.
And that's EA's fault for making unrealistic abilities and putting them in the game. Just because they do something stupid doesn't mean they should be allowed to do something else stupid to compensate for it.

And for what it's worth, I always play w/ that threshold at 0, which is the most realistic in terms of speed. I'll need to see more info in regards to the OP though.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #12
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
And that's EA's fault for making unrealistic abilities and putting them in the game. Just because they do something stupid doesn't mean they should be allowed to do something else stupid to compensate for it.

And for what it's worth, I always play w/ that threshold at 0, which is the most realistic in terms of speed. I'll need to see more info in regards to the OP though.
but last year was not realistic at all at 0. based on the tons of research the op did last year and posted. it just felt better because of the terrible angles and catch up speed on heisman which was really better angles and quicker reads. 0 was very easy to run on last year.

if i remember right, last year threshold was actually good at 50 with speed at normal. at least that gave you the most accurate to real life speed differences.

and putting something else to help us make the game harder is a good thing. now it gives us the ability to make coverage better if you want. something we would not be able to do without it. also some guys like putting their sliders to a easy setting and make the threshold higher to prevent all the big plays. you could also set it low and have very hard sliders and still get big plays. is a great addition and wasnt added to fix a issue they created. was added so we could custimize to our ability rating. ea cant make a game outta box that plays good for everyone.

Last edited by thelasthurtknee; 07-11-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #13
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahswill
Since it has been established that Heisman gives the CPU a speed advantage, it seems to me that default threshold would be ideal. Based on the research presented?
wrong does not give anyone a speed advantage. that was never said or established. its stricly awarness boost which effects angles and responsiveness (play recognition).

and based on the research presented you want to throw 90% completions and the never have the db's break on your passes?
Old 07-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #14
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
but last year was not realistic at all at 0. based on the tons of research the op did last year and posted. it just felt better because of the terrible angles and catch up speed on heisman which was really better angles and quicker reads. 0 was very easy to run on last year.
0 was SO EASY to run on omg.

I always advocated a higher thresh (at least 50 default) bc otherwise thR game was too easy Amd I ended up with NCAA leading rusher no matter who I played with or how many house rules I created!

Can't wait for oraeons set
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 6

I Think my main point was missed. I used a same rated cb and wr. This means the coverage effect is not from closing the gap in speed but something else. I am going to test a dl vs wr today to see if it effects speed at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #16
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
I Think my main point was missed. I used a same rated cb and wr. This means the coverage effect is not from closing the gap in speed but something else. I am going to test a dl vs wr today to see if it effects speed at all.
recognition, speed threshold should not only effect speed but the rate at which they find themselves. meaning the faster the player can breakdown whats going on. in our game, basically how fast they can head track ball. thats what i thought you were getting at with the new read and react system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »