Home

Threshold slider and wide open passing explained

This is a discussion on Threshold slider and wide open passing explained within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #41
Rookie

btbessaay's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Threshold slider and wide open passing explained

After also toying with this in play now, I've decided that the threshold narrows the difference between players' speed AND acceleration, more so acc. Possibly awareness as well, my defense has been a bit tighter and not allowing as many comebacks or open receivers when the qb scrambles. I think it all comes down to EA overrating speed. some are right, some are flat out too fast. I know that one of my CBs in real life should not be sniffing 90 on speed but hes a 93 spd with 90 acc. That makes me angry because my RB in real life breaks away for so many long runs its embarrassing for the defenses. John White of Utah. Beast. So when he is caught from behind by a white safety or even a dlineman if im on a toss out or stretch, its a bit aggravating. EA need to patch this and make the threshold apply to dbs and wrs maybe and leave the lines alone. or just decrease their speed, maybe the new rosters need to implement a new speed formula such as the one on OS that goes by 40 time, bench, squat and all of that for tackle, speed, acc, everything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #42
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by btbessaay
After also toying with this in play now, I've decided that the threshold narrows the difference between players' speed AND acceleration, more so acc. Possibly awareness as well, my defense has been a bit tighter and not allowing as many comebacks or open receivers when the qb scrambles. I think it all comes down to EA overrating speed. some are right, some are flat out too fast. I know that one of my CBs in real life should not be sniffing 90 on speed but hes a 93 spd with 90 acc. That makes me angry because my RB in real life breaks away for so many long runs its embarrassing for the defenses. John White of Utah. Beast. So when he is caught from behind by a white safety or even a dlineman if im on a toss out or stretch, its a bit aggravating. EA need to patch this and make the threshold apply to dbs and wrs maybe and leave the lines alone. or just decrease their speed, maybe the new rosters need to implement a new speed formula such as the one on OS that goes by 40 time, bench, squat and all of that for tackle, speed, acc, everything.
Really dude, a WHITE safety? Since when has speed ever been directly linked to your skin color? Very tasteless post

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #43
Rookie

btbessaay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTSTOPPER
Really dude, a WHITE safety? Since when has speed ever been directly linked to your skin color? Very tasteless post

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
LOL I really apologize for that one. Thats just something i say that i should probably stop. I am white btw, not that it really matters. It just aggravates me when my RB who is small and VERY quick and VERY fast, is caught from behind by bigger safeties who really shouldn't be running down my guy.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #44
Rookie

After a ton of testing, I'm finding that Treshold doesn't really matter for coverage.

What DOES matter is that WRC and PC HAVE to be at the same value in order to prevent skating and overall terrible DB play.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #45
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
After a ton of testing, I'm finding that Treshold doesn't really matter for coverage.

What DOES matter is that WRC and PC HAVE to be at the same value in order to prevent skating and overall terrible DB play.
must of not been a good test.

check this out.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043891701

post 193 check the vid.

dont forget that if you turn up threshold you need to turn up rb ability which controls speed of ball carriers or wr's before they catch. its a balancing act. but it creates read and react D. this is what im seeing. im not using 4 verts and stuff to abuse ai

Last edited by thelasthurtknee; 07-18-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
must of not been a good test.

check this out.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043891701

post 193 check the vid.

dont forget that if you turn up threshold you need to turn up rb ability which controls speed of ball carriers or wr's before they catch. its a balancing act. but it creates read and react D. this is what im seeing. im not using 4 verts and stuff to abuse ai
Yeah, if you increase threshold you definitely have to increase RBA for both HUM and CPU, or else the pursuit speed of the defense is just too much to overcome.

As far as pass coverage, though, I found horrible skating and DB interaction no matter what the treshold was when PC was set to 100. I moved it back to even with WR catch, and the interaction and coverage was much better.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #47
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

none of us have been seeing that. wonder whats causing it. been pretty smooth like the vid for me. he has some complete games posted also. havent seen it there or in my 14 or 15 games. something else must be affecting it. so hard to balance everything as you touch one thing and something else is gone. depending on the balance he has pretty much proved that rb ablilty effects speed more than threshold. i played iwth super low rb ability last year with low threshold. this year reverse of that. high and high and much better and exciting. big plays are still there also.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
none of us have been seeing that. wonder whats causing it. been pretty smooth like the vid for me. he has some complete games posted also. havent seen it there or in my 14 or 15 games. something else must be affecting it. so hard to balance everything as you touch one thing and something else is gone. depending on the balance he has pretty much proved that rb ablilty effects speed more than threshold. i played iwth super low rb ability last year with low threshold. this year reverse of that. high and high and much better and exciting. big plays are still there also.
That's a big, big part of the problem and why I'm such a big fan of you guys doing all this testing. Tweak one thing, something else breaks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »