Home

Matt10's Heisman **Very Slow Speed** Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Heisman **Very Slow Speed** Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #881
Banned

OVR: 1
Well bad news. I changed all the playbooks for Arizona coaches to spread OPB and I also changed their DPB to a 4-3. Started a new online dynasty and played Zona my first game. The DB glitch was there in 1st 2 possessions. I think it might have to do with DPBs. The 1st time I played Zona they had a 3-3-5 DPB and the DB glitch wasn't present.

The glitch happened when the FS and SS were playing zone and they split the difference between my slot and WR. I was 4 wide, 2 on each side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2013, 02:47 AM   #882
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Heisman **Very Slow Speed** Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
Well bad news. I changed all the playbooks for Arizona coaches to spread OPB and I also changed their DPB to a 4-3. Started a new online dynasty and played Zona my first game. The DB glitch was there in 1st 2 possessions. I think it might have to do with DPBs. The 1st time I played Zona they had a 3-3-5 DPB and the DB glitch wasn't present.

The glitch happened when the FS and SS were playing zone and they split the difference between my slot and WR. I was 4 wide, 2 on each side.

Darn. Did you change them in-game or in the NCAA editor?

*edit: you're right, DB glitch is still there. I tested it in a different dynasty though that didn't have some edits from the other one. I'll have to compare the two and see if that makes a difference - or test the other dynasty first. Eitherway, I'm still loving this game for some reason; if only ....argh!

Last edited by Matt10; 01-22-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #883
Banned

OVR: 1
I really think it is tied to certain defensive plays when the safeties are in 2 deep zone. Certain DPB have more plays like this than others. When I play a team with a 4-3 DPB the DB glitch happens very often. When I play a team with a 4-2-5 DPB I never saw it once.

The only solution might be to change all the coaches to use a DPB that doesn't have the 2 deep zone or very seldom uses it.

So far the 4-3 uses it alot. The 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 doesn't use it often.

If you have alot of time on your hands, you can create a custom DPB for each type of defense, and manually remove those plays that exploit the DB glitch. I think they are mainly all out zones, because if the CPU is running a 2 deep zone with man under, at least the DBs in man will follow the WRs running the streak even if the safety glitches out.

Last edited by nortobc; 01-23-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #884
MVP

OVR: 11

The sliders you supplied to test are awesome. Using my Air Force OD as a guide, the thing that I like most is that if you have your offensive playbook tendencies set up a certain way you need to follow that as well as you can or you will lose and in most cases lose bad. I have 3 losses, last 2 in a row, in all 3 losses my run/pass ratio is nowhere close to it needs to be with the tendencies in the playbook. If my offense can "follow the tendencies" that I would like to follow with the team, I do well. In most of those games my defense looks like an elite defense because they are relaxed on the sidelines for a good portion of game.

You know how much I complain about robo qb. In these sliders it is there BUT in most games it is not prevelant due to the drops/deflections. Now if EA could fix the following: the discrepancy between user and cpu deflections/interceptions on leaping passes. Cpu intercepts a lot more leaping passes than user. Also, the defense has better hands than the offense, especially for the cpu.

The glitch is still there but it really is not as bad as it was before at least in my opinion. Even on plays when the glitch is there, I still need a perfect pass to complete it, the coverage seems to be better. When I do notice it, especially when user is on DEFENSE, it is because of PASS COMMIT. That is usually where I see the db look like he has good coverage then all of a sudden he starts to run away from the covered defender, after he starts to run away the pass is thrown and usually caught for big gain.

Just some thoughts.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:32 AM   #885
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Heisman **Very Slow Speed** Sliders (Version 2 Posted)

Been playing with these again on ‘13 and am having a ball. Love this version better than 14. I know your off to bigger better things just wanted to say thanks again for all the efforts and to bump these for others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
First off, this is a collaboration with OUBryan. I just didn't want the title to look like a copycat of authentic's and iliv's concept.

The goal for this slider set is to promote VERY SLOW game speed. We believe that it is the best setting to enjoy the fluidity that this game has brought this year. Furthermore, the animations seem to interact better with the physics of some gameplay attributes (separation of DBs/WRs, break on the ball defensively, etc.)

I've used the same concept in my NCAA 12 sliders thread with the focus on RBA being higher than most sets out there. The reason for this is because my belief is that RBA does not directly contribute to just the running back position - but it contributes to all receivers,tight ends and running backs as a whole.

As a result of this theory - we have focused on good animations being indicators of realism - not just end statistics. The feel of the game is very important. I don't want to win a game that felt like hyperspeed arcade deathmatch. I want it to feel fluid - and true to animations. Sure NCAA 13 has bugs (please patch this EA), but there are no true game breakers.

Hope you enjoy. Please note that this is a base - OUBryan and myself give at least 5 games before modifying anything. I would suggest the same approach be used for those wanting to see what these are all about.

Also I wanted to give a quick shout out to BallinVol for his extensive testing with me and doing a lot of grunt work when OUBryan and myself weren't around the game. He also played a huge role in discovering the 0/0 concept for PBL and PSRSH, which solidified QB decision making in Version 4.

I will have videos up in the next couple of days to show difference of animations with some comparable slider sets - and how the theory was developed. Enjoy.

Live Video Stream/Recordings: http://www.twitch.tv/matt10l

Btw: Tuner is installed. Thanks.

Update 1/9/13 - Version 5.0

So after speaking to BC - despite the db glitch, I am bringing this back with a new set - version 5.0 let's say because it's quite enjoyable.

HUM/CPU HEISMAN V5.0
9 mins thresh 90 very slow
QBA 5/20
PBL 0/0
WRC 45/45
RBA 0/0
RBL 60/60
PCV 0/0
PRSH 20/0
INT 30/30
RDEF 0/0
TACK 35/35
FGPW 50/50
FGA 50/50
PUPW 50/50
PUAC 50/50
KOPW 45/45

Some values to consider will be PCV from zero, maybe to 5 or 10 - small increments of testing.

Tackling value will also be considered due to lack of fumbles, and overall approach to a collegiate feel in tackling. Shouldn't have so many blow up tackles (big hits) be that successful. I also want to look at RBL for CPU since it's on Heisman, the user is okay, but CPU tends to really flatten my guys out regardless. I might have compensated for the RBA @ zero a bit much.

If you are a 360 user, I highly suggest reducing 20 pts from the stamina value for all players to see more PT from backups.

Update 7/25/12 - Version 4.0 "Beta":

I posted a preview for the guys on twitchtv (live stream) to test.

However, I've changed it, and am 4 games deep with some mods. I'm going to go ahead and post Version 4 "Beta" because I am only 4 games in, I need that 5th or 6th to make it official:

I'm at work right now, so sorry the formatting is a bit off.

HUM/CPU HEISMAN V 4.0
8/9 mins thresh 90 very slow

QBA 5/20
PBL 0/0 ---- using BallinVol's idea of PBL @ zero results in quick decision making by the CPU QB, while also providing adequate pressure for on the HUM QB.

WRC 45/55
RBA 60/70
RBL 40/40 ---- CPU RBL from 45 to 40. Felt CPU run game was decent enough without such gaping holes. First NCAA in a while where the CPU can run a good game on you.

PCV 50/80
PRSH 20/0 ---- If I left PSRSH for HUM @ Zero, the CPU has nothing but time on the ball - so that is refreshing that the slider value is true. Dropped from 30 to 20 because 30 resulted in more screen sacks.

INT 30/30
RDEF 80/65
TACK 45/35

FGPW 50/50 --- my personal preference 80/80 (higher flight, better chance of realistic misses that are not just short - but wide.

FGA 50/50 --- my personal preference 35/35, the longer the field goal, the greater the chance of a miss left or right, not always short.

PUPW 50/50
PUAC 50/50
KOPW 45/45

Try this out for about 5 games guys. Report back on sacks as that is my main concern. If the CPU's passing game blows up unrealistically, bring that up as well. I'll post this on the front page for testing purposes as well.

---------------

With version 2, the aim was to balance out some of the inconsistencies regarding wide open play - and overall statitstics. I think we did a pretty decent job of getting it where we wanted, but there was some tweaking necessary.

-------
With version 3 here, I think we have reached that happy balance of feel and statistics. It was only a couple tweaks, but we believe it will go a long way to work towards a realistic representation without sacrificing the feel of the game.

Also, this will be the last update unless something out of the ordinary is consistent enough to deal with. I have played about 7 games and can say this feels good. I do plan on keeping version 2 up on the front page in case anyone wants to revert or use that as a base.

With that said, tweak as you see fit, but do not tweak so much that you can't enjoy the game. Thanks so far for those who have left feedback, seriously awesome - and it's pretty cool. I'm going to get a couple live streams going this weekend so we can see how everything plays out.

-------
CPU QBA: from 25 to 20. Our goal was to lower the wide open play, but not sacrifice the chances of good screen/option plays. Further, we didn't want the sacks to increase due to indecision by the CPU. This is not to say that the sacks won't still be there, but it will not be consistently every possession.

CPU WRC: from 70 to 55. This was a significant change, and was the most testing that I did. The reason we changed from 70 to 55 is because the wide open passing was just too consistent not to address. It seems WRC also aides the slider value of QBA, so they go hand in hand. Lower WRC and you'll see more indecision by the CPU, which could lead to bad sacks. Increase it and the CPU can become unstoppable (FCS teams airing out 300+ yards for example).

CPU RBL: from 50 to 45. Simply to reduce the amount of rushing YPC by the CPU running backs. Also, I noticed statistically that the secondary positions would merit more tackles than linebackers, and that tells me the O-Line is sucking them in way too soon. With this, there has been hard earned yards, but also the CPU starts to mix up their playcalling to adapt to what is going on. You can still give up the big run once in a while though - but at least your LBs won't consistently be glued to the linemen.

HUM/CPU INT: from 35 to 30. Bcduggan brought a good point about interceptions were almost automatic. If it hit the player in both hands, it was a pick 9/10, and that doesn't seem realistic. With this, the goal is to not only have the value reflect the ratings of catching/catch in traffic for the DBs, but also increase tendency to swat/slap the ball in the air first.

HUM Tack: from 40 to 45. CPU Rbs started to look like beasts, breaking a lot of tackles and it didn't fit my eye. With the slight increase, it has helped with the change to CPU RBL so that when a linebacker does get their hands on the RB, the tackle will be a first priority, and not get sucked into a block instead.

KOPW: From 40 to 45. For both. Just personal preference to get the ball a bit deeper.
--------
HUM/CPUHEISMANV3.0
10 minsthresh 90very slow
QBA

5/20
PBL

55/5
WRC

45/55
RBA

60/70
RBL

40/45
PCV

50/80
PRSH

30/70
INT

30/30
RDEF

80/65
TACK

45/35

FGPW

50/50
FGA

50/50
PUPW

50/50
PUAC

50/50
KOPW

45/45

Updated 7/14/12: Sliders changed HUM Pass Rush to 30, CPU Pass BLock to 0 (Zero).

Updated 7/17/12: Version 2. Sliders changed CPU PCV from 75 to 80. HUM QBA from 0 to 5. CPU PBL 0 to 5.

HUM/CPUHEISMANV2.0
10 minsthresh 90very slow
QBA

5/25
PBL

55/5
WRC

45/70
RBA

60/70
RBL

40/50
PCV

50/80
PRSH

30/70
INT

35/35
RDEF

80/65
TACK

40/35

FGPW

50/50
FGA

50/50
PUPW

50/50
PUAC

50/50
KOPW

40/40

Penalties

Offisdes

False start

Holding

Facemask

Offensive PI100
Defensive PI100
KR/PR Interference100
Clipping

Intentional Grounding80
Roughing the Passer54
Roughing the Kicker50

Most recent video: 9/3/12 - frustrated with DB Glitch. Not playing another down of this until it's fixed.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2020, 11:32 PM   #886
Rookie

Do these still work well today??

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-16-2022, 01:05 PM   #887
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonboy_003
Do these still work well today??

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
yes works really well
Old 09-13-2022, 04:21 PM   #888
Rookie

Deckard75's Arena

Hey Matt.

I have not had time to read the entirety of the sliders you have provided for NCAA 13. I love the idea of a slowed down game that makes it look realistic and play more realistic instead of feeling like an arcade blitz like game.

My question is I have NCAA 14 for Xbox 360 and I have some incredible user made classic rosters that I would like to use with your sliders for NCAA 14.

Can I use these sliders for NCAA 14? Do I download them or just type them in?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »