Home

Matt10's Heisman **Very Slow Speed** Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Heisman **Very Slow Speed** Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Matt10's Heisman **Very Slow Speed** Sliders

GT @ VT

Final GT 55-48 VT 2 OT
Total offense VT 613 GT 206......That is not a typo
Rushing VT 38-194-4 GT 39-136-2
Passing VT 27-50-419-2TD-6INT GT 8-12-70-2TD-1INT
Penalties VT 11-115 GT 9-80
GT was sacked 1 time VT 3 times
GT deflected 10 passes VT 2 passes
Both teams had 1 drop
Total plays combined 139, was around 125 at end of regulation.

I was GT, half time score was 21-6 VT. I was getting smacked around big time. Things started to change toward end of first half when my SS picked off a pass in end zone with 10 seconds left. 3rd quarter outscored them 35-3 to take 41-24 lead, but it was 2 pick 6 by same player, looked like VT called same play again, and a punt return for TD to carry the 3rd quarter. Option worked well when I figured out what I was doing, Tevin Washington had 2 nice option run TDs, clean not glitched like 12. There was one option run defense play but the defense didn't stand around looking foolish, RB only got 10 yards.

I thought there were a lot of penalties in the WKU game, but chalked it up to really bad teams playing. 20 penalties seemed like a lot here. I thought sacks were good, CPU QB under pressure is evading better this year, not always getting happy feet, than in past years. Logan Thomas threw 6 INT as a 90 THA QB, seems really high against an inferior defense. 2 were pass commit interceptions, the other 4 were bad reads. The fumble that was a turnover was also a pass commit play. In 2 games only saw maybe 2 plays that should have been pass interference, I know EA doesn't believe in Pass Interference, but neither were called. I thought CPU run game was excellent, I thought the blocking was great for both sides. My option run game would have been better if 2 things happened:

1> I adjusted better, I adjusted late second early 3rd qtr.
2>I remembered L1 is the pitch button this year. LOL I can laugh at my own errors.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend started a game last night but he didn't finish it, he fell asleep.

Purdue vs NMSt...I don't remember who home team was. He was Purdue

halftime score NMST 28-27 Purdue
Purdue stats
rushing 13-35 1TD
Passing 18-28-282-2td-2int
sacked 1 time
called for holding 5 times

NMST stats
rushing 19-44
Passing 9-14-204-2TD
sacked 6 times
called for 1 facemask

That was what he sent me in a text.

From what I know about his gameplay in previous years, his rushing numbers seem low. I know he was annoyed by the 5 holding penalties. We didn't see that many in a game in 12. His passing numbers seem right the interceptions may be high but he was usually averaging 1 interception thrown a game in 12.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just wrapped up a game with these, only changes being slow speed, 6 minute quarters and user QB @ 5, although i may drop that back down for my next game just to reduce the chance of being able to hit deep fly routes successfully.

Lost to Oklahoma as FSU by a final of 41-38 in a play now game that was alot of fun to play. Really tight defensively in the first half, as i wound up trailing 24-10 at halftime after scoring a TD with about 3 seconds left in the 2nd quarter. Up until that point i hadn't really been able to do anything offensively, and two interceptions that i threw in the first quarter really had me in a hole (down 17-0 after one). In the second half i focused more on the ground game and short passes, which then seemed to open up the deep ball. Granted, one or two of the deeper completions were based on what could be seen as AI safety issues, but they came in the 4th quarter after spending most of the third dinking and dunking my way downfield, so i dont know if the CPU started cheating up to stop my short passes or what (i'd like to think of it that way anyway haha).

Great sliders though guys, my biggest complaints so far with other sets as well as heisman default has been how easy i was able to sling the ball around in the passing game and also the number of sacks picked up on CPU screen calls. Not sure why, but i didnt get a single sack off a screen this game and the CPU actually managed to get some good yardage off of screens for the first time.

*EDIT* forgot to mention that i'm playing without the tuner installed. Are you guys playing with or without the tuner, if it even does anything?

Last edited by duffman; 07-14-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 07-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #59
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezyskillets
I don't know how to do the stat sheet so I posted some pics of my stats.
http://dynasties.operationsports.com...1&sport=ncaafb

Try that.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 07-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #60
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Tennessee Volunteers at South Carolina Gamecocks
Jan 1, 1234F
TENN (4-3)31013329
#18 SCAR (6-2)00141024
Top Performers
PASS: -
RUSH: -
REC: -
Team Stats Comparison
TENNSCAR
First Downs1220
3rd Down Efficiency3-133-9
4th Down Efficiency2-21-1
Total Yards409558
Passing Yards125242
Rushing Yards68138
Penalties-Penalty Yards2-70-0
Turnovers24
Time of Possession16:2515:35
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGTENNSCAR
3:55(TENN) FG Tenn: M. Palardy, 32 Yd FG30
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGTENNSCAR
6:30(TENN) FG Tenn: M. Palardy, 36 Yd FG60
0:05(TENN) TD Tenn: P. Waggner, returned interception 99 Yds (M. Palardy Kick)130
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGTENNSCAR
6:08(SCAR) TD S Car: C. Shaw, 5 Yd run (L. Ard Kick)137
2:48(SCAR) TD S Car: M. Lattimore, 5 Yd Run (L. Ard Kick)1314
2:37(TENN) TD Tenn: D. Young, returned kickoff 97 yards (2-Pt Failed)1914
1:29(TENN) TD Tenn: B. Brewer, returned interception 39 Yds (M. Palardy Kick)2614
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGTENNSCAR
7:22(SCAR) TD S Car: M. Coffee, 2 Yd run (L. Ard Kick)2621
4:10 (SCAR) FG S Car: L. Ard, 24 Yd FG2624
0:01(TENN) FG Tenn: M. Palardy, 23 Yd FG2924
Tennessee Volunteers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
T. Bray 10-116300
J. Worley7-166202
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
R. Neal20592.90
M. Lane351.60
D. Young11111.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
D. Rogers5387.60
Z. Rogers4399.70
M. Rivera2115.50
R. Neal2136.50
J. Hunter11010.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Total40
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Total13
KICKINGFGXPPTSLG
M. Palardy3-32-237
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
D. Young519338.61

South Carolina Gamecocks
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
C. Shaw23-3424203
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
M. Lattimore19934.81
C. Shaw6162.61
M. Coffee122.01
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
D. Moore710815.40
A. Sanders35819.30
J. Cunningham3206.60
D. Smith3227.30
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Total10
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Total12
KICKINGFGXPPTSLG
L. Ard1-13-325

Another great game with these sliders! I expected South Carolina to come in ready to play. Maybe they were, but my D was prepared much more. The first half, South Carolina couldn't get anything going. I was shutting down their pass offense, shutting down Lattimore (who I expected to be a HUGE contributor), and was actually moving the ball pretty well on offense.

That is, until Tyler Bray AND Marlin Lane both left the game with injuries (both are minor and will play in the next game). After they both were injured, you could tell it affected my offensive production. Worley came in and played like a backup with little to no experience. Worley did show some glimmer on a few plays but really wasn't effective until the last drive in the 4th quarter (which is when I needed him the most so kudos to him).

Just before halftime the interception by Prentis Waggner for 99 yards was a HUGE play. I had momentum before, but this swung it greatly in my favor and was able to take a 13-0 lead to the locker room. The Gamecocks were able to establish their offense in the second half and began moving the ball solidly against my defense. They were able to take a 14-13 lead, but the lead would be brief as Devrin Young struck paydirt on a 97 yd kickoff return for a TD. Moments later, Safety Brent Brewer picked off a Conner Shaw pass and took it to the house from 39 yards out. Suddenly I had all momentum again.

The 4th quarter was very exciting. South Carolina was able to close the gap to 26-21 and forced a punt moments later. South Carolina was putting together a SOLID drive and I just couldn't get anything done. Suddenly my defense seemed to buckle down .. I guess they were playing bend but don't break. We forced South Carolina to a FG that put the score to 26-24 with 4:10 left. What a break! I was able to put together a very nice drive when getting the ball back. The play of the drive had to be a 22 yard pass from Worley to Zach Rogers over the middle on a crucial 3rd down play. I was able to run the time down and added another FG to pad the lead somewhat and eeked out the 29-24 victory.

This game was exciting from finish to end. I can't say enough about these sliders. I don't know what to expect coming into a game. I was thinking that South Carolina might take care of business in this one, but somehow I managed to win this one even after losing Bray and Lane. One thing noted, Bray was on fire before getting injured ... I wish I could have seen what he could've ended up with if he hadn't got hurt. This concludes my testing for a little while (gotta go hit the gym) but will do some more testing tonight. Once again guys these are pretty much SPOT ON! Thanks again!
Old 07-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUByron
Just finished UCF (CPU) at Ohio State (User).

Busy working on box score - I was testing CPU Pass Block at 10 and USER Pass Rush at 30 - I had 7 sacks, but it was still tougher to get away from offensive linemen - most came on blitzes.

Overall, it played a very solid football game. Ohio State on 38-14. Are you guys seeing any errant throws from the CPU QB with QB ACC at 25?

Will post stats in a bit.
I think I posted on this in regards to the first game I played. The first game I didn't see many errant throws from the FCS QB, I would have expected to see more errant throws from the FCS QB than I did from Logan Thomas the VT QB. I saw at least 5 from Logan Thomas, maybe 2-3 from FCS QB.

FCS QBs for game were 35/47, 3 INT 4 deflections, 2 drops I think....from those numbers that could mean 3 errant passes
Logan Thomas for game was 27/50, 6 INT 10 deflections, 1 drop....from those numbers that could mean 6 errant passes

I should have taken been note of this I know in 1 of the games an errant pass was deflected by a safety on my team, So that would add an errant plass to a QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #62
MVP

I understand why KPW slider is high for cpu but watching the FCS kicker attempt, ratings high 70s low 80s, a 55 yard fg and come up dead on but 1-2 yards short is really frustrating.

Last edited by bcduggan; 07-14-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Anyone else having holding call issues with these? I have been called four times on offense as Notre Dame in the first half and after stopping their first drive of the second half I got called for holding on the punt return as well. Three different offensive linemen have been flagged. Navy is whopping me 24-0 and my offense has really been hampered by the penalties.

Their touch downs have been cool actually. One impressive catch in double coverage in the end zone. The first was a long run out of the triple option and the last was a goal line FB dive. The FB seems better than the other options for them, but they have had success on the outside as well.

I will post full stats when it's over, but wanted to throw out the holding question first.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan
With the 12 sliders, most picks I saw were tipped, defender leaped, or both, when slider was 30. Will post game 2 in a minute. It was a crazy game.

Also, before I forget I thought game 1 played fine except for the majority of interceptions being leaping ones. I don't think any of the interceptions should not have been interceptions. I KNOW all of mine in the game were BAD READS.
Yeah, I have seen a lot of tipped passes turn into picks - but not as much as 12, you're right. I think there are just a lot of more games left to be played to see all the solid animations 13 has, including picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUByron
Just finished UCF (CPU) at Ohio State (User).

Busy working on box score - I was testing CPU Pass Block at 10 and USER Pass Rush at 30 - I had 7 sacks, but it was still tougher to get away from offensive linemen - most came on blitzes.

Overall, it played a very solid football game. Ohio State on 38-14. Are you guys seeing any errant throws from the CPU QB with QB ACC at 25?

Will post stats in a bit.
I think blitzes should result in sacks, although 7 is a bit high - so we'll stick to our normal 5 game test to see if it is going to be a further issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezyskillets
I don't know how to do the stat sheet so I posted some pics of my stats. My defense dominated as aspected. One of their deep passes got by, because of the lame swat/catch button not working like it was suppose too.

They threw three picks to my two. Two of their picks was picked by me and the other was by the CPU. One of the picks I got was was under throw by the QB being under pressure. The other was good route reading in my part. And the one by my CPU was an overthrown deep ball. All the CBs seemed to cover pretty good. I didn't see any weird cb/wr separation.

I forgot to look at the sack total. But the sacks I seen was mostly on blitz schemes either by me or wake. I didn't feel like I got cheated when I got sacked. I usually started to feel the pressure around my third read. Which is expected.

Wake got their read option game going pretty good earlier but got away from it later for some reason. I made some adjustments in the second half could have been the reason for them trying to do something else.

I like the slides so far, i have Clemson next and I will post a review on that game as while. If you or anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
Thanks for the feedback deezy - looks like you had a solid game and GT seemed to throw out some different looks. I played them as VT couple days ago and they killed me on the option all day long - I couldn't stop it. A lot of good mix plays.

Looking forward to hearing about the Clemson game.

Quote:
GT @ VT

Final GT 55-48 VT 2 OT
Total offense VT 613 GT 206......That is not a typo
Rushing VT 38-194-4 GT 39-136-2
Passing VT 27-50-419-2TD-6INT GT 8-12-70-2TD-1INT
Penalties VT 11-115 GT 9-80
GT was sacked 1 time VT 3 times
GT deflected 10 passes VT 2 passes
Both teams had 1 drop
Total plays combined 139, was around 125 at end of regulation.

I was GT, half time score was 21-6 VT. I was getting smacked around big time. Things started to change toward end of first half when my SS picked off a pass in end zone with 10 seconds left. 3rd quarter outscored them 35-3 to take 41-24 lead, but it was 2 pick 6 by same player, looked like VT called same play again, and a punt return for TD to carry the 3rd quarter. Option worked well when I figured out what I was doing, Tevin Washington had 2 nice option run TDs, clean not glitched like 12. There was one option run defense play but the defense didn't stand around looking foolish, RB only got 10 yards.

I thought there were a lot of penalties in the WKU game, but chalked it up to really bad teams playing. 20 penalties seemed like a lot here. I thought sacks were good, CPU QB under pressure is evading better this year, not always getting happy feet, than in past years. Logan Thomas threw 6 INT as a 90 THA QB, seems really high against an inferior defense. 2 were pass commit interceptions, the other 4 were bad reads. The fumble that was a turnover was also a pass commit play. In 2 games only saw maybe 2 plays that should have been pass interference, I know EA doesn't believe in Pass Interference, but neither were called. I thought CPU run game was excellent, I thought the blocking was great for both sides. My option run game would have been better if 2 things happened:

1> I adjusted better, I adjusted late second early 3rd qtr.
2>I remembered L1 is the pitch button this year. LOL I can laugh at my own errors.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend started a game last night but he didn't finish it, he fell asleep.

Purdue vs NMSt...I don't remember who home team was. He was Purdue

halftime score NMST 28-27 Purdue
Purdue stats
rushing 13-35 1TD
Passing 18-28-282-2td-2int
sacked 1 time
called for holding 5 times

NMST stats
rushing 19-44
Passing 9-14-204-2TD
sacked 6 times
called for 1 facemask

That was what he sent me in a text.

From what I know about his gameplay in previous years, his rushing numbers seem low. I know he was annoyed by the 5 holding penalties. We didn't see that many in a game in 12. His passing numbers seem right the interceptions may be high but he was usually averaging 1 interception thrown a game in 12.
Interesting stats, and sounds like you had a fun overall game. Those totals are pretty high - but it's not unusual to see.

The penalties will be there, I think they vary, but also I'm still learning as I go with them - they do make a difference, but it can get annoying (just like watching a game) when the same ones (holding) happens quite a bit.

I am still in search of a PI. People have said they've seen it, yet no screenshots or videos for me to believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman
Just wrapped up a game with these, only changes being slow speed, 6 minute quarters and user QB @ 5, although i may drop that back down for my next game just to reduce the chance of being able to hit deep fly routes successfully.

Lost to Oklahoma as FSU by a final of 41-38 in a play now game that was alot of fun to play. Really tight defensively in the first half, as i wound up trailing 24-10 at halftime after scoring a TD with about 3 seconds left in the 2nd quarter. Up until that point i hadn't really been able to do anything offensively, and two interceptions that i threw in the first quarter really had me in a hole (down 17-0 after one). In the second half i focused more on the ground game and short passes, which then seemed to open up the deep ball. Granted, one or two of the deeper completions were based on what could be seen as AI safety issues, but they came in the 4th quarter after spending most of the third dinking and dunking my way downfield, so i dont know if the CPU started cheating up to stop my short passes or what (i'd like to think of it that way anyway haha).

Great sliders though guys, my biggest complaints so far with other sets as well as heisman default has been how easy i was able to sling the ball around in the passing game and also the number of sacks picked up on CPU screen calls. Not sure why, but i didnt get a single sack off a screen this game and the CPU actually managed to get some good yardage off of screens for the first time.

*EDIT* forgot to mention that i'm playing without the tuner installed. Are you guys playing with or without the tuner, if it even does anything?
I am playing with the tuner installed, not sure about OUBryan - but that's what I"m rolling with. YOu definitely have a lower minute setting than what I do - but if you're enjoying it, then please do. I'm glad you were able to identify the realistic separation, but not so much that it prevents passes from being capable - but at the same time not being automatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol

Another great game with these sliders! I expected South Carolina to come in ready to play. Maybe they were, but my D was prepared much more. The first half, South Carolina couldn't get anything going. I was shutting down their pass offense, shutting down Lattimore (who I expected to be a HUGE contributor), and was actually moving the ball pretty well on offense.

That is, until Tyler Bray AND Marlin Lane both left the game with injuries (both are minor and will play in the next game). After they both were injured, you could tell it affected my offensive production. Worley came in and played like a backup with little to no experience. Worley did show some glimmer on a few plays but really wasn't effective until the last drive in the 4th quarter (which is when I needed him the most so kudos to him).

Just before halftime the interception by Prentis Waggner for 99 yards was a HUGE play. I had momentum before, but this swung it greatly in my favor and was able to take a 13-0 lead to the locker room. The Gamecocks were able to establish their offense in the second half and began moving the ball solidly against my defense. They were able to take a 14-13 lead, but the lead would be brief as Devrin Young struck paydirt on a 97 yd kickoff return for a TD. Moments later, Safety Brent Brewer picked off a Conner Shaw pass and took it to the house from 39 yards out. Suddenly I had all momentum again.

The 4th quarter was very exciting. South Carolina was able to close the gap to 26-21 and forced a punt moments later. South Carolina was putting together a SOLID drive and I just couldn't get anything done. Suddenly my defense seemed to buckle down .. I guess they were playing bend but don't break. We forced South Carolina to a FG that put the score to 26-24 with 4:10 left. What a break! I was able to put together a very nice drive when getting the ball back. The play of the drive had to be a 22 yard pass from Worley to Zach Rogers over the middle on a crucial 3rd down play. I was able to run the time down and added another FG to pad the lead somewhat and eeked out the 29-24 victory.

This game was exciting from finish to end. I can't say enough about these sliders. I don't know what to expect coming into a game. I was thinking that South Carolina might take care of business in this one, but somehow I managed to win this one even after losing Bray and Lane. One thing noted, Bray was on fire before getting injured ... I wish I could have seen what he could've ended up with if he hadn't got hurt. This concludes my testing for a little while (gotta go hit the gym) but will do some more testing tonight. Once again guys these are pretty much SPOT ON! Thanks again!
Something I like about how this game went for you is that the result of the picks followed punishment. Momentum is a key word, and I agree that EA still uses it, thankfully the AI comeback code seems to be a bit dumbed down than in years past.

I think the fact that Bray went down, the realism of the backup Worley playing and then coming up huge when you need him. Now you know he can come up and do something if Bray goes down again.

What a solid game - I like your recaps, man. You should think about posting a dynasty report - these are enjoyable.

Quote:
I think I posted on this in regards to the first game I played. The first game I didn't see many errant throws from the FCS QB, I would have expected to see more errant throws from the FCS QB than I did from Logan Thomas the VT QB. I saw at least 5 from Logan Thomas, maybe 2-3 from FCS QB.

FCS QBs for game were 35/47, 3 INT 4 deflections, 2 drops I think....from those numbers that could mean 3 errant passes
Logan Thomas for game was 27/50, 6 INT 10 deflections, 1 drop....from those numbers that could mean 6 errant passes

I should have taken been note of this I know in 1 of the games an errant pass was deflected by a safety on my team, So that would add an errant plass to a QB.
Quote:
I understand why KPW slider is high for cpu but watching the FCS kicker attempt, ratings high 70s low 80s, a 55 yard fg and come up dead on but 1-2 yards short is really frustrating.
I agree, errant passes should come - but they should also come as the result of pressure from the start.

Something I'm hoping doesn't become a huge concern - can you guys keep track of the type of interceptions? I want to make sure they aren't all just under throws - this will be an easy fix, but I want to make sure we're not looking at another NCAA 12 where all picks were mainly under throws - and if they were long they were over the shoulder unrealistic.

KPW is tricky, BC. I'm still messing with it. You know like last year I wanted a high penetrating ball flight (as a former kicker myself) - but at the same time I didn't want kicks to be automatic. I haven't tested much of it though - but now that sliders of the core gameplay have been established, I can start looking at it a bit more.

I should get home this evening and get a couple games in. Been itching to play since yesterday.

Thanks for the feedback guys and keep em coming. This is going to be a fun season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »