Home

Matt10's Heisman **Very Slow Speed** Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Heisman **Very Slow Speed** Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Heisman **Very Slow Speed** Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambill10
Anyone else having holding call issues with these? I have been called four times on offense as Notre Dame in the first half and after stopping their first drive of the second half I got called for holding on the punt return as well. Three different offensive linemen have been flagged. Navy is whopping me 24-0 and my offense has really been hampered by the penalties.

Their touch downs have been cool actually. One impressive catch in double coverage in the end zone. The first was a long run out of the triple option and the last was a goal line FB dive. The FB seems better than the other options for them, but they have had success on the outside as well.

I will post full stats when it's over, but wanted to throw out the holding question first.
Just drop holding a couple notches, it should suffice. I am more lenient with many penalties because I believe these guys are college kids - their awareness can't really be that high with all things going on - of course you don't want it to become annoying like you mentioned.

Again - these are easy issues to modify though, thankfully.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 04:03 PM   #66
Rookie

OUByron's Arena

OVR: 1

Yes, I am playing with the TUNER installed.

Finished another good one with Florida (CPU) at Tennessee (USER) I lost 28-17 - a solid SEC game. Still testing ....
Blake Griffin
Sam Bradford
Adrian Peterson
Jack White
Old 07-14-2012, 04:41 PM   #67
Rookie

My biggest issue in this game was definitely the holding calls I mentioned before. I think I ended up with 8-10 holding penalties with one declined and a few false starts to round out my penalty yardage total below. I was even called for holds on a punt return, on a screen pass, inside runs, outside runs, pass blocking, and scrambling. All five starting offensive linemen were called at least once.

The game played pretty well otherwise. I had three sacks and they had five, none of them seemed weird or anything. My rushing game might have been fine without the holding calls.

I'm going to play another game now before passing any judgement even on the holding slider and I will hopefully post that in a little while.

Notre Dame Fighting Irish at Army Black Knights
Jul 14, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
#24 Notre Dame Fighting Irish ()00707
Army Black Knights ()10147738
Team Stats Comparison
NDARMY
Total Offense300310
Rushing Yards14207
Passing Yards286103
First Downs159
Punt Return Yards3233
Kick Return Yards1360
Total Yards468343
Turnovers30
3rd Down Converstion6/216/16
4th Down Conversion2/50/0
2-Point Conversion
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals
Penalties12/1044/27
Posession Time22:3117:29
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Army Black Knights
Old 07-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm very pleased at how well these have played so far. Playing as VT, lost to USC 28-17 and lost to Alabama 24-14. I'm going to test using UMass against these two next and see what happens.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 11

Matt10>

I have been seeing a lot of holding calls. I know using WKU is a bad example but it has been a ton in the 2 games I played with them. Also, in 3 overall games I played only 1 offside and a ton of false starts. I did see a pass interference by defense in last game.

About kicking sliders, in my last game Shelly from Bama missed 51 yard kick right down middle by hit post, it was nice to see that, in 12 was seeing a lot either short, up to 15 yards or, really long, good from an extra 5 yards, but just wide.

Like I said before about the interceptions I have thrown, in theory they are legit interceptions, just wish the player doing so didn't seem like he was always jumping. I know he isn't always jumping, last game 3 of 4 total interceptions the player had both feet on ground. 3 were thrown by me, one the guy jumped but it was still a bad read interception. My interceptions we not underthrows, cpu may have had one interception under thrown in 3 games I have played.

Will post stats from last game later
Old 07-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Thanks guys, looks like we need drop holding a couple notches.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #71
Rookie

OUByron's Arena

Matt,

I'm trying out 25 USER Pass Rush, with 15 CPU Pass Block - I'm getting closer and closer to where it needs to be. I still had 5 sacks in a game with 30/10. Also, I dropped CPU QBA way down to 5 to see some more realism with incompletions. I also upped CPU Pass Coverage all the way to 90 to match Speed Threshold. These are just tests, but I'm liking what I'm seeing.

I was getting into a short passing game attack, just driving up and down the field and I would like to the CPU to at least take away the short passing game away every now and then. Just a try!

My last two games with these settings have really brought out some quality football games. These by no means are etched in stone - just wanted to try them out.
Blake Griffin
Sam Bradford
Adrian Peterson
Jack White
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Thanks guys, looks like we need drop holding a couple notches.
Ok I will not bash the holding issue in the sliders as much as I was intending. lol

WKU @ Bama

Bama wins 37-14 should have been 7-10 points worse

Bama total yards 492 to WKU 320
Bama 32-160 rushing to WKU 28-53 rushing
Bama 31-42-332 yards passing 3 TD 1 int to WKU 22-36 267 yards 3 int
Penalties were high but saw the PI penalty in the game
Both teams sacked 3 times
No drops for Bama 2 for WKU
Bama deflected 5 passes WKU deflected 6 passes

Weird part of this game is Bama called pass plays the first 14 plays. Play 15 was a run negated by holding penalty. Game played good outside of high penalties. I have not changed sliders as per first post yet. I usually wait till end of season before changes are made.

Next game WKU @ Kentucky

WKU wins 10-7 game really was not that close, and should not have been that close.

WKU 340 total yards to Kentucky 178
WKU 38-142 rushing yards to 27-72 for Kentucky
WKU 25-32-198-1TD-4INT to Kentucky 3-11-106-1TD-1INT
Penalties high did see an offsides called, that's 2 in 4 total games now, probably seen at least 10-15 false starts.
WKU sacked 1 time Kentucky sacked 8 times
0 drops for WKU 2 drops for kentucky
3 deflections for WKU 2 deflections for Kentucky

Kentucky TD was on a 91 yard catch and run streak where I was in man coverage. Kentucky also had a 70+ yard rush TD called back because of holding. This game saw a Kentucky DE with low catch intercept a screen pass. Yes, it was a bad read on my part, but a DE who can't catch. All my interceptions I have thrown in the 4 games, 11 in all, were bad reads. I think I threw 2 interceptions after holding penalties negated a 3rd down run for a first. I have a question though are more holding penalties called in real life on running plays or passing plays? I only ask because I swear I am not seeing them on passing plays, just seeing them on running plays.

The original sliders play good before the changes, I will adjust to the news ones after the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »