Home

Best CPU vs. CPU sliders

This is a discussion on Best CPU vs. CPU sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2016, 11:57 AM   #1
Rookie

Clegs55's Arena

OVR: 0
Best CPU vs. CPU sliders

So I have finally perfected cpu vs cpu sliders, and it's a pretty simple fix.

Gameplay options
OFF Skill - Heisman
DEF Skill - Heisman
8 min qtrs
Game Speed - Normal
Speed Threshold - 0
Home Field Advantage - On
Ice Kicker - On

GAME RULES
All penalties at default or 50

Sliders
The human sliders don't matter, so just edit the cpu set
QBA - 50
PBK - 50
WRC - 45
RBA - 50
RBK - 50
PSC - 50
INT - 45
RDF - 50
TKL - 45
FGP - 35
FGA - 45
PP - 45
PA - 90
KOP - 50

The completion % will be a bit high, but the games play out very well. I suppose you could try lowering the QBA a bit, but I think the games look great.

Last edited by Clegs55; 05-20-2016 at 09:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2016, 10:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Best CPU vs. CPU sliders

I will definitely give these a shot. For some reason, I like to have NCAA running cpu vs cpu.. I actually have more fun with the game this way.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:10 PM   #3
Rookie

Clegs55's Arena

Agreed, it's like general manager / owner mode. I wish Madden still let you do cpu vs cpu.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:45 PM   #4
Rookie

Got any box scores or season totals?
Old 02-08-2016, 05:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Clegs55's Arena

I'll post season stats again, when I finish with my current season. As of right now I'm 7 games in, and these are my teams stats so far.

QB 1,723 yds 20 TDs 6 Ints 74% comp 11.6 ypc 9 sacks
Rush 786 yds 13 TDs 10 ypc 1 fmb
My QB is a rFR and 89 ovr

RB 904 yds 9 TDs 6.3 ypc 0 fmb
23 cth 211 yds 1 TD
My RB is a rSR at 99 ovr

My top WR 35 cth 441 yds 4 TDs 12.7 ypc
My team runs with the spread offense so there are a number of wr/te that have very average - below average numbers due to the system

Defensively my team ranks #1 rdef and #3 pdef. They lead the nation in sacks with 33 and have 13 take aways with 8 Ints and 5 fmbs
My defense is rated 99 ovr and we play in the sun belt so the numbers are skewed slightly, but when we've played good teams the numbers are realistic.

My Kicker is 8 of 12 with three misses at 50 + and 1 at 40 - 49

My punt returner has 2 returns of 70 + yds for TDs including one against Michigan, so it's not just against bad teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2016, 01:04 AM   #6
Rookie

Clegs55's Arena

If anyone has any feedback on this slider set, please feel free to comment. I'd like to hear how this set is working for others.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:24 PM   #7
Rookie

They seem to work ok for me at the start--sorry for the resurrection of a thread here but I'm not allowed to make a new thread in these forums yet.

I only simulate games by hitting the Advance to Next Week button, because Super Sim exaggerates passing. Advance to Next Week uses the same algorithm that every other team uses when you advance, and therefore seems to have more potential for simming. I had a few questions and observations:

1. I read that simulation only uses player stats in Heisman Offense and Freshman Defense. True?

2. Every so often I simulate a game where the bottom drops out of my offense. For instance, 2013 Florida State loses to Nevada, has 1/11 3rd down conversion, and <50% pass completion (that didn't happen in an actual game in 2013 at all). Not sure why that is happening right now.

3. So far, there seems to be not enough separation between great players and mediocre players. Even at Threshold values that are very low, game results can be nonsensical based on player stats and even based on post-game stats.

4. Does anyone have a set of sliders that is consistently working for simulation?
Old 09-07-2017, 02:24 AM   #8
Rookie

2nd season thoughts: I picked up a winless SMU and chose their playbook with this. Games were odd and inconsistent. My simulation played every good team close or beat them, but was inconsistent against bad teams. Maybe that's because it is Heisman/Heisman instead of Heisman/Freshman? Don't know, but I can rerun the season again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »