Home

mkharsh33 All American Sliders - NCAA 13

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 All American Sliders - NCAA 13 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #17
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: mkharsh33 All American Sliders - NCAA 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Also, for you guys who are enamored with offensive pancakes stats - these probably won't play out too well for you. I concede that statistic as a wasted venture. I refuse to keep raising the user pass and run block because I feel it creates too strong of an offensive line. At the AA level you have to concede something to make the game more challenging. So if you have to adjust that up (to fit your liking) I'd also suggest raising the cpu rush defense and cpu pass rush 5 points for each 5 points you raise user pass blocking and run blocking.
fwiw- i dont think pass blocking has any effect on the pancake stats. and i agree, it does make the game easier, but if u put cpu run d to 100.. it makes it perfectly legit and balanced if u choose to use the 50 run block.
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #18
Rookie

cwilson250733's Arena

OVR: 5

have you thought about making rba and tackle the same to help with fumbles? it makes a huge difference in game play..
Old 07-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson250733
have you thought about making rba and tackle the same to help with fumbles? it makes a huge difference in game play..
provide some specifics on how you'd do that... I don't want to make the defense too strong... college football is a game that is more mistake-prone that the nfl. I like to see broken tackles and also know that in college football tackling is not nearly as good in the NFL overall. you can always adjust up your "big hits" in the game plan part. I prefer to keep the game in a sense of balance, and I also want ratings to matter (using the community rosters - 360).

what would help is if you guys can provide some specific attribute numbers... thanks!
Old 07-22-2012, 10:12 PM   #20
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson250733
this is true. you are essentially resetting the default animations to a higher or lower ability level. it could be RBA-90 and tackle-90 and it will leave it up to the player ratings to determine tackle or BROKEN tackle..
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 07-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #21
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Also, for you guys who are enamored with offensive pancakes stats - these probably won't play out too well for you. I concede that statistic as a wasted venture. I refuse to keep raising the user pass and run block because I feel it creates too strong of an offensive line. At the AA level you have to concede something to make the game more challenging. So if you have to adjust that up (to fit your liking) I'd also suggest raising the cpu rush defense and cpu pass rush 5 points for each 5 points you raise user pass blocking and run blocking.
I really wish that we could find which slider is the direct cause for the insane amount of pancake blocks. In the grand scheme of things, pancake blocks aren't of high importance other than on stat sheets, but it still really kills any chance of having an offensive lineman for a human controlled team win any sort of award.

I also am getting tired of the heisman setting even though I created my sliders based off of heisman difficulty. I just hate the way the CPU knows EXACTLY what you are running as soon as you break the huddle. If you run a no huddle, you could have run 4 passes in a row, and audibled to a run and they would stuff you in the backfield like it was nothing. I'm not sure how many test games you've played, but have you noticed any difference in things of that nature? Also, it may seem like a crazy question but what variety of games did you play? Were you playing equal teams against equal teams, option vs pro style, etc.

Were teams like Army, Air Force, Navy, GT able to run an effective option game against you. I know with my sliders, the outside rushing attack seems to be non existant, but I consistently give up yards right up the middle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #22
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTSTOPPER
I really wish that we could find which slider is the direct cause for the insane amount of pancake blocks. In the grand scheme of things, pancake blocks aren't of high importance other than on stat sheets, but it still really kills any chance of having an offensive lineman for a human controlled team win any sort of award.

I also am getting tired of the heisman setting even though I created my sliders based off of heisman difficulty. I just hate the way the CPU knows EXACTLY what you are running as soon as you break the huddle. If you run a no huddle, you could have run 4 passes in a row, and audibled to a run and they would stuff you in the backfield like it was nothing. I'm not sure how many test games you've played, but have you noticed any difference in things of that nature? Also, it may seem like a crazy question but what variety of games did you play? Were you playing equal teams against equal teams, option vs pro style, etc.

Were teams like Army, Air Force, Navy, GT able to run an effective option game against you. I know with my sliders, the outside rushing attack seems to be non existant, but I consistently give up yards right up the middle.
it may seem trivial, but pancakes (o line awards) help with increasing coach prestige, recruiting, player progression, a whole host of things.. IMO it should not be taken lightly- im not trying to dictate to mkharsh to put run block at 50- its HIS set and thread, and ultimately his decision. but for the sake of conversation and for acheiving realism within the game, i personally feel that is the way to go

creating a strong/realistic running game for the CPU on AA level is soley based around 2 things:
run block at default 50 to ensure proper pancake stats
reducing human rush defense slider to a point of proper balance.

also- using the no switch rule or not will determine how quickly the user team defender(s) get to a ball carrier.. if u rely on your AI team mates to make the tackles, then you will need a higher rush defense number
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 07-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #23
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20
So would the same thing apply to heisman settings as well? Ive been feverishly trying to reduce the cpu pancake blocks but could never figure out how. Would the 50 setting be for human or cpu?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #24
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTSTOPPER
So would the same thing apply to heisman settings as well? Ive been feverishly trying to reduce the cpu pancake blocks but could never figure out how. Would the 50 setting be for human or cpu?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
I only minimally tested on heisman but from what I could gather and remember, 50 was the best for both. But heisman sucks lol. I can't get past the stupid fg logic.. Idk how ea let's that continue.
UCONN HUSKIES Football

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »