Home

Old 07-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon5 AD Mode Sliders

I was wondering if anybody had, or knew of, any good sliders to use when simming games. I like to play dynasty in more of an AD style where I play very few games, and sim most of them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: AD Mode Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt26
I was wondering if anybody had, or knew of, any good sliders to use when simming games. I like to play dynasty in more of an AD style where I play very few games, and sim most of them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
default should work fine if youre not playing..
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: AD Mode Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt26

The most important thing for you to do then is to make sure the run/pass sliders for each coach is where they should be. When the games are simmed like you are talking about, the statistics are calculated on the head coach's run/pass sliders.

Oddly enough, several teams pass/run sliders are WAY, WAY off. Teams that run the air raid, and run and shoot offenses (like OSU, WSU, SMU, etc.) have their passing ratio WAY too high. It starts off at like 80/20 for run&shoot, and like 70/30 for air raid teams.

The reality is that NO TEAM in the NCAA throws the ball more than 60 percent. All the air raid/run and shoot ratios must go down to have realistic simmed statistics. Otherwise, they never use their running backs (even if like in SMU's case they have a 94 rated one) AND they end up passing the ball so much that the QB gets sacked WAY too much. (Additionally every sack counts against rushing totals so it screws rushing stats badly. Also injuries to QB occur more as a result of the sacks.)

So first off those teams need to be adjusted emmensely. Secondly, the option teams in the game need their's adjusted as well. Option teams like Army, Navy, Air Force, and Georgia Tech all need their pass/run sliders fixed. (Army & Navy should have theirs lowered all the way to 15/85 - its the lowest the game allows - and Air Force & Georgia Tech's should be set at 20/80.)

Truthfully, for the most accurate simmed statistics a team-by-team look and change to account for what they did for last season is the way to go if you have time. If not, the teams with those specific styles are the best bet; however, alot of the spread teams have their passing numbers a tad too high as well.

There are places you can go to get last season's totals and percentages. Some people like myself on here even have spreadsheets of the entire NCAA. (I'm still trying to get the people here at OS doing the updated rosters to update the coach's pass/run ratios for their set.)

Good luck, and enjoy the fruits of your labor, because it's totally worth it if you care about the simmed stats!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »