Home

Difficulty level vs. Computer's game-play corruption

This is a discussion on Difficulty level vs. Computer's game-play corruption within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #1
Rookie

Masakra's Arena

OVR: 1
Difficulty level vs. Computer's game-play corruption

I wrote a rather lengthy few sentences earlier in the day on another forum about how the game will do everything in its power to undermine you if you get a huge lead on an opponent your probably not "suppose to" (example: a C level school vs a B+ rated school). I mentioned I played on Heisman (w/ SEC Elite's sliders) and someone responded by telling me that the issue could be resolved by not playing on Heisman, regardless of sliders.

Is there any truth to this? Does simply placing the game on Heisman difficulty cause the game to literally do everything in its power to undercut you if your doing "too well", especially against higher ranked opponents? And if so, what do I do? Are there any All-American sliders that won't cause this but still deliver Heisman difficulty? Thanks in advance!

Here's my earlier post btw for some reference:

This game is unbelievably frustrating to me right now.

I just don't understand why this game simply won't let you win. Here's the story:

I'm up 17-3 with Utah State up against Fresno State (who is a full grade better than me at the moment). Its my drive and my BEST WR (79 overall and 78 catching) can't catch 10 yard curl routes 3 TIMES IN A ROW. On the opponent's next drive, Carr (who is 2-13, 17 yards and 0-0 TD/INT ratio on the game) through a 56 yard bomb to his WR who breaks 2 tackles and takes it in. My possession comes up and my BEST RB (80 overall) FUMBLES and they take it in for the TD and so now we're tied.

I go 3 and out and the game ends with them going on a LITERALLY PERFECT drive down the field and winning by a touchdown.

I mean literally: what the hell? Please tell me there is a way to fix this? I'm playing on Heisman btw...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2012, 01:32 AM   #2
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Difficulty level vs. Computer's game-play corruption

Kind of like how if you run the ball they blitz every time but if you pass they drop to zone everytime. This is it for me and EA sports ncaa series.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Difficulty level vs. Computer's game-play corruption

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealslimshady
Kind of like how if you run the ball they blitz every time but if you pass they drop to zone everytime. This is it for me and EA sports ncaa series.
Haha this is spot on. I end up simming quarters to keep the CPU from going off. I will also playerlock occasionally on drives to ensure that bull**** is kept to a minimum...

Quick fix but I rarely get to enjoy a game from start to finish.

Illinois Fighting Illini
Bears
White Sox
Bulls
Blackhawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »