Home

Mr.Coach Mode Heisman sliders post 1st update NCAA13

This is a discussion on Mr.Coach Mode Heisman sliders post 1st update NCAA13 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Mr.Coach Mode Heisman sliders post 1st update NCAA13

QB AC-45
WR CTCH-45
RB ABIL-80
RUN BLK-70
PASS BLK-80
PASS RSH-50
RUN DEF-60
TACKLE-55
PASS COV-70
INT-30
KICKOFF POW-50
FG POWER-60
FG AC-40
PUNT POW-40
PUNT AC-60
SPEED THR-50
VERY SLOW SPEED
7 MIN QTRS

SPENT 3 hours playing numerous team combos to verify these are good.
The update seems to have made the DL pass rush more successful requiring a big difference in pass rush and pass block sliders. High PASS BLK seems to get players in position to make blocks and hold them longer but now more sacks are coverage sacks. The Badgers gave up three sacks to Notre Dame in one game and their OL is top notch. With the 80 RB setting I have seen smarter running RB including some good spins and stiff arms. No unreal RB stats though. At 50 SPD THRSH no RB seemed to be overly fast. 60 RUN DEF gets DEF players into position (55 tackle stops the RB if the DEF player is a good tackler) to make a play but the 80 RB still breaks a tackle or two before the swarm hits. 70 RUN BLK opens holes but DLmen are peeling off blockers for tackles and with 60 RUN DEF smart LBs and DBs are filling the holes created in the DL to meet the RB. I'm seeing some great down field blocks, sweeps actually working, even a few OL pancaking one DEF and then engaging a 2nd DEF player. A few more pancakes is better then OL,TE,WR,RBs not responding to blitzes. SPeed thresh at 50 is huge. At low settings SPD THR seems to shorten the field creating to many quick scores and huge mismatches. ON offense fast RBs and WRs can't be stopped even though a slower DEF should stop them when they have a good angle. On DEF fast LBs and DBs fly to the line before RB gets to the line of scrimmage for too many big losses and they ruin any chance for screen passes and options to work pulling OL, rolling QB, and fullbacks can't get outside fast enough. 70 PASS COV plus 50 SPD THR cuts down on DBs giving up so many bombs. Even at 70 haven't seen too many picks good WRs still get open. QBs comps are realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Mr.Coach Mode Heisman sliders post 1st update NCAA13

Me being a coach mode guy and having a coach mode OD over at TGT I'll certainly give these some test games and see how it goes.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

Interesting. Gonna have to give these a few spins.

Questions:
Mr:

Why 7 min qtrs? For realistic stats or just to make games go faster? I usually set for 8 mins.
Why very slow speed? I usually play on Slow. Any gameplay reason for VS?

Kerns:

Been tracking some of your posts and been meaning to hit you. Didn't know you could OD in coach mode. I'm a long time coach mode player, that's all I do anymore. I would be interested in a coach mode online dynasty if you have any room.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
Rookie

I use 7 min for quick games and real stats, I skip the cutscenes.
I like very slow speed. The joy of coach mode is that we get to see more of what goes on during a play. Very slow allows a little more time to wonder if a DB will break up a bomb. Long runs are fun to watch you can see each block happen runs aren't over in 3 seconds. Can't explain it but it seems to me as though on very slow the player speeds seem more realistic. On higher speeds it seems like players are covering too much ground too quickly. DBs and LBs get too quickly to the screen pass WR or the RB on an outside run. Low speed thresh is the real problem there I may be wrong on the game speed aspect. I hope you like my sliders there are different than most. Let me me know how they work.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Are those sliders for BOTH human and CPU?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2012, 12:00 AM   #6
Rookie

Yes all sliders are equal for Human and CPU
Old 08-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #7
Pro

xanax12's Arena

OVR: 5

Can you post your game stats? Just wondering if the 7-min per quarter will enable one team to attempt 60-70 plays in one game. I have been a coach-mode fanatic since my PS2 days. Thanks!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysims
Interesting. Gonna have to give these a few spins.

Questions:
Mr:

Why 7 min qtrs? For realistic stats or just to make games go faster? I usually set for 8 mins.
Why very slow speed? I usually play on Slow. Any gameplay reason for VS?

Kerns:

Been tracking some of your posts and been meaning to hit you. Didn't know you could OD in coach mode. I'm a long time coach mode player, that's all I do anymore. I would be interested in a coach mode online dynasty if you have any room.
If you guys are on PSN, I would be interested in a Coach Mode OD as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »