Home

coaching sliders=fixed screen issue/deep ball issue

This is a discussion on coaching sliders=fixed screen issue/deep ball issue within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #217
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: coaching sliders=fixed screen issue/deep ball issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
You might enjoy them then. They are very difficult and make the passing game very challenging. Some users have said it's almost too difficult to pass.
I wouldn't say it's that difficult to pass. You can't chuck it deep all the time, and have to be willing to take that 3 yard under route, or the 12 yard cross. You really have to pick and choose when you go deep, and much like real life, it's almost always on a PA.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:39 AM   #218
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
nothing can cure their play at these levels at this point honestly.. and volstopfan rosters does not have the appropriate coach sliders for this method in this thrread to work.. you would have to have older roster versions or take the most up to date ones and implement the coach sliders from arkansaws thread to ALL coaches not just Head coaches
hey cheda, am i right in reversing the aggression that arks update puts the coaches at. sorry to be a pain. so set the defensive to 50/50 or on the passing side, and then switch whatever arks aggression meter says?

i just played a game as cuse vs northwestern it was a good game but i threw for almost 500 yards. the safeties only cheated up a few times. one on a perfect play action that was setup and all. but a few other times they bit. i am hoping that switched the meter will help a bit. thanks for all you help.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:47 AM   #219
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by billfbrennan
hey cheda, am i right in reversing the aggression that arks update puts the coaches at. sorry to be a pain. so set the defensive to 50/50 or on the passing side, and then switch whatever arks aggression meter says?

i just played a game as cuse vs northwestern it was a good game but i threw for almost 500 yards. the safeties only cheated up a few times. one on a perfect play action that was setup and all. but a few other times they bit. i am hoping that switched the meter will help a bit. thanks for all you help.
Yea if agg shows 30/70 u need to flip it to 70/30 so 30 is onthe right.

Any level other than varsity will give up the deep ball no matter what we do.. I am working on a set for myself bc I play a unique style.. I have deleted all patches and tuners due to the no huddle glitch and you can't hand the ball off in pa read plays! That patch was a BAD joke ea!! It's really unforgivable .. I bet we could get a class action suit against them for selling an unfinished/defective product... That's gotta be illegal
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 08-23-2012, 03:56 AM   #220
Rookie

Quote:
Yea if agg shows 30/70 u need to flip it to 70/30 so 30 is onthe right.

Any level other than varsity will give up the deep ball no matter what we do.. I am working on a set for myself bc I play a unique style.. I have deleted all patches and tuners due to the no huddle glitch and you can't hand the ball off in pa read plays! That patch was a BAD joke ea!! It's really unforgivable .. I bet we could get a class action suit against them for selling an unfinished/defective product... That's gotta be illegal
i played on varsity and it still happened a few times, without the switch. i had a closer game yesterday with fistofrages sliders yesterday, or at least it seemed better. last night i used rascoc's sliders and got a good game, but like i said my passing was stellar. i will probably just tweak to my own liking. thanks for all the work youve done. i really appreciate it. is there a way to delete this new patch and not the first one? im console illiterate with that stuff.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #221
Rookie

any news on if the tuner helped out the coverage issue. i saw a few people say they were playing better, but i figured id ask the guys that had a fix out for it to begin with. any ideas?

also, i went in and got rid of the patches that were downloaded, started a new dynasty, edited the coach for the one game i was going to play, and when i go back to edit them to return to their original slider settings they aren't there. was this an issue for anyone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 04:46 AM   #222
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Haven't played much since patch.. I didn't like what i saw though. I went in and deleted all patches and tuners and used my coach sliders on varsity and had some competitive games ..

I haven't played since like Tuesday .. I haven't checked to see of I have a prompt for the new tuner.. Anyone know if ps3 got it?? I am thinking of going and testing it out and redownllading everything.. User conservative coach sliders definitely helps keep the CPU from switching to aggressive zone..
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 08-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #223
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Haven't played much since patch.. I didn't like what i saw though. I went in and deleted all patches and tuners and used my coach sliders on varsity and had some competitive games ..

I haven't played since like Tuesday .. I haven't checked to see of I have a prompt for the new tuner.. Anyone know if ps3 got it?? I am thinking of going and testing it out and redownllading everything.. User conservative coach sliders definitely helps keep the CPU from switching to aggressive zone..
the last tuner or update was for desyncing...red chain or information isn't passing as quickly as it should because the connection is limited somehow.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #224
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Playing Heisman with Sliders Maxed to help me run and gimp the CPU run D.

I basically went through and did what you suggest. Most of my coaches for D-coord and head coach now read 45/55 Run/Pass.

I also changed most teams agression to 45/55 aggressive/Conservative.

Using WI against cupcakes, my YPC for Ball went from about 3.8 YPC up to 5.8 YPC. Also, while the deep ball is still there on some blown coverage, there are fewer opportunities and more close coverage on streaks than before.

There is still a problem where I am basically scared to run outside on pitches as there is generally a LB or DE that throws a blocker aside and is in the backfield before I can make a cut. I have much better results in inside and Iso runs, though.

Also after games and games and games where I would get maybe a 20+ yard run every third game, I finally busted a 53 yard TD run with James White.

Something regarding running changed with one of the tuner updates or patches, because when the game was released I had no problems running with WI. I was probably averaging over 6 YPC most games. And that was with running sliders at default.

Last edited by cbc72; 08-27-2012 at 04:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »