Home

coaching sliders=fixed screen issue/deep ball issue

This is a discussion on coaching sliders=fixed screen issue/deep ball issue within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #25
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: coaching sliders=fixed screen issue/deep ball issue

Okay i set USC defense as 50/50 run pass defense and 70/30 aggression. Will post on results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #26
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

new video- also added to OP

very cool db play!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkmcq...ature=youtu.be
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 08-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #27
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
1- yes

2- yes

3- more times than not, yes.. havent tested that specifically, as that play is obviously desgigned to flood a zone.. so probably defends if they are playing man or zone! but im willing to bet its pretty darn well defended!

4- yessir- will SOME get completed... well yea- thats part of football, but it will be very rewarding when it does! and you will pay for trying too many times i assure you!

- one thing u forgot was the run/pass for defense- you must switch it to make it as close to 50/50 favoring the pass! whatever you click it to make sure youre favoring the pass.. could be 45/55. 47/53. 46/54.. whatever it allows u to put so long as the left number is NEVER more than 50!

Good deal...great work. Now all that is left is for EA to drop the patch that will hopefully cure any exploits that remain. We're in business!
Old 08-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #28
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ArkanSaw
Your findings are 100%. I had a game against USC who are my test subject regarding the CPU passing. On the first play Matt Barkley chucked up a bad deep pass and i thought to my self "here we go again". Then before i quit i kept playing and i noticed his decision making was very quick and the CPU ran a perfect screen play.

Then as for the defense the safeties played poorly on defense, i can now complete deep passes in the middle of the field almost at will. Slots and TE dominate yet again. I believe the offense plays better with a high aggression than the defense. The slots and TE's were not being guarded at all in the middle of the field and was very exploitable.

I apologize to anyone who thought my way was the correct way but indeed IT WAS FLAWED. The only issues i see now are a few dumb forced CPU passes, and the middle of the field being exploitable if used in such a manor.

This is weird but i had my sliders plugged in during this test. Testing yours now so basically my opinion above is the 100% truthful opinion on my slider set. I reversed USC's and will post results.
this is the exact reason i use auto pass from your mouth to gods ears!

i dont wanna exploit! i dont want my coverage reading ability or lack of to make my qb play better or worse than his ratings, period! if he wants to force crappy throws all day, i will pull him or NOT call plays that have long passes... with auto pass, recruiting becomes important bc i can take a 68 ovr freshman and win 8-9 games.. just the same as a 85 ovr junior. ratings mean nothing when the user has control of this game.. i want sim football. these coach sliders are giving me that, and making player ratings paramount, the end all! its truly a great feeling to be in position to start a real dynasty before the actual season starts.. i do not fear the patch because personally, the way i play, and my personal sliders are patch proof, bc they are only a means of making the cpu players (mine and my oppnent) play to their full potential.
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 08-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #29
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Good deal...great work. Now all that is left is for EA to drop the patch that will hopefully cure any exploits that remain. We're in business!
amen- see above post- im not worried about the patch.. imho it will only HELP!
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 08-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #30
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

Defense with reversed sliders are better but not be that much. On four verts my RB(right bumper) man is ALWAYS open. This is on default with no slider tweaking but he is always behind the defense. Maybe every team at 50/50 or 60/60 is ideal? I don't know but i think that the deep ball problem is just in need of patching. Pass defense in general is pretty great. LB's pick up slants instead of playing behind them, and it seems they jump to the ball on thrown passes. Maybe with a different slider set the deep ball wont be as brutal since i am playing with 50 QB accuracy. Offensively however on my setting the CPU gets the check downs and the QB plays better, but i haven't tested the offensive side yet and will do so now.

Last edited by The ArkanSaw; 08-10-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:19 AM   #31
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
this is the exact reason i use auto pass from your mouth to gods ears!

i dont wanna exploit! i dont want my coverage reading ability or lack of to make my qb play better or worse than his ratings, period! if he wants to force crappy throws all day, i will pull him or NOT call plays that have long passes... with auto pass, recruiting becomes important bc i can take a 68 ovr freshman and win 8-9 games.. just the same as a 85 ovr junior. ratings mean nothing when the user has control of this game.. i want sim football. these coach sliders are giving me that, and making player ratings paramount, the end all! its truly a great feeling to be in position to start a real dynasty before the actual season starts.. i do not fear the patch because personally, the way i play, and my personal sliders are patch proof, bc they are only a means of making the cpu players (mine and my oppnent) play to their full potential.
You use Auto Passing...In coach mode? You don't control your decisions or make plays for yourself? This whole time it wasn't YOU being able to do these things but the A.I making key decisions for you?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #32
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ArkanSaw
Defense with reversed sliders are better but not be that much. On four verts my RB(right bumper) man is ALWAYS open. This is on default with no slider tweaking but he is always behind the defense. Maybe every team at 50/50 or 60/60 is ideal? I don't know but i think that the deep ball problem is just in need of patching. Pass defense in general is pretty great. LB's pick up slants instead of playing behind them, and it seems they jump to the ball on thrown passes. Maybe with a different slider set the deep ball wont be as brutal since i am playing with 50 QB accuracy. Offensively however on my setting the CPU gets the check downs and the QB plays better, but i haven't tested the offensive side yet and will do so now.
what is your settings? im basically playing on default heisman, with some sliders maxed to help the cpu.. ive been having totally realistic games statistically and performance wise.
UCONN HUSKIES Football

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »