Home

coaching sliders=fixed screen issue/deep ball issue

This is a discussion on coaching sliders=fixed screen issue/deep ball issue within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2012, 03:44 AM   #65
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: coaching sliders=fixed screen issue/deep ball issue

well,finished my game with Boise St,to be honest not sure what to think at this point. I'll give up some stats,then list a few things I noticed.

Boise State Broncos at Express
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Boise State Broncos ()1470728
Express ()71401435
Team Stats Comparison
BSU
Total Offense300351
Rushing Yards3160
Passing Yards297191
First Downs715
Punt Return Yards025
Kick Return Yards12943
Total Yards429419
Turnovers32
3rd Down Converstion3-114-11
4th Down Conversion00
2-Point Conversion00
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2-1-05-4-0
Penalties2-207-60
Posession Time12:2119:39
Boise State Broncos
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Southwick9/2029723
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Harper12282.31
Southwick7-33-4.70
Wright393.00
Miller1-1-1.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Burroughs37926.31
Harper263.00
Sosnowski180801
Moore14646.00
Potter12626.00
Miller16060.00
Express
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Perkins14/2319111
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Barnes341765.13
Perkins2-15-7.50
McDonald1-100
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
McDaniel79213.11
James33612.00
Gary34816.00
Childress11515.00

As you can see,all of Boise's plays came off of long passes,they really made no attempt to work the underneath at all. Also their running game was non existent.
I was still able to sack their qb 4 times,only 1 of those times being on a screen pass however. Their defense blitzed me like crazy,so I didn't really notice a difference there,also there pass coverage was just pure garbage at times....after watching several replays,I noticed neither the corner or safety making any attempt at the ball or receiver until AFTER my receiver caught the ball.

So yea,don't know if I'm sold on this just quite yet,I will try another game though,because I do want to keep an open mind about it.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 03:51 AM   #66
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
well,finished my game with Boise St,to be honest not sure what to think at this point. I'll give up some stats,then list a few things I noticed.

Boise State Broncos at Express
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Boise State Broncos ()1470728
Express ()71401435
Team Stats Comparison
BSU
Total Offense300351
Rushing Yards3160
Passing Yards297191
First Downs715
Punt Return Yards025
Kick Return Yards12943
Total Yards429419
Turnovers32
3rd Down Converstion3-114-11
4th Down Conversion00
2-Point Conversion00
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2-1-05-4-0
Penalties2-207-60
Posession Time12:2119:39
Boise State Broncos
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Southwick9/2029723
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Harper12282.31
Southwick7-33-4.70
Wright393.00
Miller1-1-1.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Burroughs37926.31
Harper263.00
Sosnowski180801
Moore14646.00
Potter12626.00
Miller16060.00
Express
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Perkins14/2319111
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Barnes341765.13
Perkins2-15-7.50
McDonald1-100
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
McDaniel79213.11
James33612.00
Gary34816.00
Childress11515.00

As you can see,all of Boise's plays came off of long passes,they really made no attempt to work the underneath at all. Also their running game was non existent.
I was still able to sack their qb 4 times,only 1 of those times being on a screen pass however. Their defense blitzed me like crazy,so I didn't really notice a difference there,also there pass coverage was just pure garbage at times....after watching several replays,I noticed neither the corner or safety making any attempt at the ball or receiver until AFTER my receiver caught the ball.

So yea,don't know if I'm sold on this just quite yet,I will try another game though,because I do want to keep an open mind about it.
Kramer, I was feeling the same thing. I really think the way we had it originally is correct in theory, because in my test Dynasty, QB's were just awful, yet all had 10+ yards per completion and some had really bad completion percentages. I think the reason the CPU is quicker on screens is because the aggresiveness slider is so high. Also, I noticed the CPU quarterbacks were releasing the ball almost instantly sometimes.

Once I let all the rude comments that I recieved go, I went in with a very open mind. I really wanted this to work, but I'm still not sold.

It's interesting that you mention CPU backs not playing the ball until you catch it, because I experienced the same thing a couple times as well in one game.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:20 AM   #67
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Sometimes having an iPhone is great, sometimes it's bad. I can't send my video anywhere because it's too "big".

The main points in my video is how surprised I was with the changes.

I was wrong, cheda was right, caught me at the wrong time.

I inputted all the data and am simming a season right now. Hopefully it goes well so we won't need to go changing before and after every user game, and because I want to use them in my single player OD.
no harm no foul. i was very bitchy as well lol. i actualy took my vids on am i phone and encountered that issue.. so wat i did was synced my phone to my laptop and imported the videos... started a youtube account and boom. easy as pie.. i was shocked i was able to do it bc i dont even use a friggin i pod.. still rockin cd's like a tru 80s baby.

awaiting sim results with the sliders changed up.. changing them is a huge pain.. i play half way thru one qtr and the cpu was throwing mad screens, i was like omfg im WRONG .. then i realized i forgot to change them
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 08-10-2012, 04:27 AM   #68
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

hm. just saw the other posts and stuff above. im not sure what to think.

i did admit in a previous post that it wasnt a cure all- thre was still SOME sloppy db play.. i think at this poiont, its VERY slider dependent.. im using close to default settings on heisman and not controlling a single player (but not playing in coach mode) so my results have all been AI generated... i have yet to have my qb or cpu qb pass under 50% completion.

when i had qb acc at 100 and pcv at 100, i saw guys throwing 80-90% into the 4th qtr, then a few forced passes/drops knocked them down into the 70s.. perhaps the qb acc slider needs some juice.. and compensate with an equal pass coverage.. most of my testing was done with pass coverage slider at 100 on top of the changes (resversal)

i have also seen 8hb screen and 4 wr screen total in 6 test games now.. and not one sack off them...
so as i said, i think its slider and threshold dependent..
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 08-10-2012, 04:27 AM   #69
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Kramer, I was feeling the same thing. I really think the way we had it originally is correct in theory, because in my test Dynasty, QB's were just awful, yet all had 10+ yards per completion and some had really bad completion percentages. I think the reason the CPU is quicker on screens is because the aggresiveness slider is so high. Also, I noticed the CPU quarterbacks were releasing the ball almost instantly sometimes.

Once I let all the rude comments that I recieved go, I went in with a very open mind. I really wanted this to work, but I'm still not sold.

It's interesting that you mention CPU backs not playing the ball until you catch it, because I experienced the same thing a couple times as well in one game.
Going to try my next game here against Miami of Ohio with the changes,we'll see how this one goes.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-10-2012, 04:29 AM   #70
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:

i saw flashes of this, but nothing nearly as glaring as default or the first set of coach sliders...

this was more like "oh he just got beat" rather than "here we go again.."

in my experiences the cpu has had no issues checking down as well as taking the occasional surprise deep shot..
just trying to think of any variables we might have with our rosters or sliders at this point

im heading to bed though, i hope i dot dream about this crap again. i wake up seeing sliders burned into my eyes
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 08-10-2012, 04:33 AM   #71
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

maybe these wont work for user controlled games, maybe we are just too smart for the cpu at its current ability level regarding the deep ball

maybe they weont work for drastically altered game sliders.. all i know it my testing sliders have been either at 50 or 100. slow speed, zero thresh, heisman. auto pass, regular game mode, no user control after the snap.. so my results are ai generated.

the whole issue with different gamer styles will still apply here just like with any type of slider set. hopefully theres some positive feeback in the am. i too am off tomorrow and should be able to get into once i wake up
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 04:39 AM   #72
Banned

JHusker13's Arena

OVR: 5

IMO the first set of coach sliders Arky released were great. Realistic completion percentages, less upsets in dynasty, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »