Home

coaching sliders=fixed screen issue/deep ball issue

This is a discussion on coaching sliders=fixed screen issue/deep ball issue within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
coaching sliders=fixed screen issue/deep ball issue

here are youtuve videos showing how coaching sliders can fix screen frequency by cpu and blown coverages/ stupid db play by the cpu

new videos of gameplay/coaching sliders 8/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GquXR...ature=youtu.be - cpu rb stop/juke

massive block by the RT.. boom http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtfwp...ature=youtu.be

great pass break up by the cpu http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HqkU...ature=youtu.be
new video 8/11- one handed catch using 100 sliders for pass cov, qb acc, catch, int (0 thresh, very fast heisman and my coach settings, auto pass)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8exO...ature=youtu.be
newest video from test dyn- interesting never before seen db reaction! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkmcq...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmPc8c0tTR0&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrOFUctcbQI&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE7NguDeHNM&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOfi5toGrnU&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_imPgcrcvY&feature=youtu.be

arkansaw and authentic discovered this, however, i believe my videos show that THEIR VERSION is reversed.. bc when i played my dyansty games with their coach sliders, i still saw a million cpu screens, screen sacks, and it was extremely money and easy to complete a deep pass at will...

all i did was three things-

1) downloaded their rosters (im using authentics for ps3)

2) switch the defensive pass/run to as close to 50/50 as it will allow.. if you cannot get 50/50, simply get it as close as you can WHILE STILL FAVORING THE PASS (example- some teams will read 45 run/55 pass, 47 run/53 pass etc) just get it to the setting where its closest to 50/50 BUT NEVER NEVER EVER FAVOR THE RUN or the db's will jump run causing the deep ball problem

3) i flipped their aggression for offense and defense (so if a teams aggression was 30 / 70 i moved it to 70/30 towards the word conservative [makes sense huh] i did this for offense and defense. i bvelieve this setting on offense has to do with the screen issue... for some reason, when i reverse the settings as ark and authentic have them, the screens are few and far between. and rarely result in a sack...

notes:

going 50/50 (as close as possible) on defense run/pass allows the offense to dictate the game. if you have your team set to 30/70 to defend pass... and you play army.. well wtf.. that makes no sense. OFFENSE DICTATES THE GAME. gameplans are NOT SET IT STONE from game to game... they change! so your team being set to 50/50 will allow them to a)react appropriately to run/pass b) let ratings dictate their awareness, play recognition, coverage skills, pursuit, etc..

ALL OF THE OFFENSIVE RATIOS ARE CORRECT (example- army should be 15/85 towards the run-- 15 on the left side ) those are all ok!

YOU MUST SWITCH ALL OF THE COORDINATORS TO MATCH THE HEAD COACH (or as close as possible) i think my videos show proof that these settings work.
and i know if you play even ONE TEST HALF, let alone a few games, you will see the realism and LEGIT cpu play we all want.

thanks! let me know how they work please.
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC

Last edited by Chedapalooza; 08-12-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: coaching sliders=fixed screen issue/deep ball issue

Just putting this out there, but maybe being that he worked on the xbox and your working on the ps3 is why you guys are in reverse?
Old 08-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Just putting this out there, but maybe being that he worked on the xbox and your working on the ps3 is why you guys are in reverse?
i dont think so, authentic is on ps3 and he "tested extensively" bull**** the guy released 3 slider sets in like a week.. thats not extensive enough for one set.. but thats neither here nor there. fyi---- cranking up cpu on varisty and reducing human is not a slider set. an 8 year old could accomplish that. im tired of these guys with their fancy collabs and pretty thread set ups.. when it comes down to it, theyre not producing anything special. all i want is the game to work and be sim football. not some button mashing adjust this/tweak that boom heres a slider set.. only to have it break a week later. thats not good work.
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 08-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OUByron's Arena

OVR: 1

The more and more I do test games in dynasty, I'm starting to think this the correct way to go on the coach slider sets. The CPU just dinks and dunks passes up and down the field and puts together nice 15-play drives. I went to the extreme both ways 15/85 and 85/15 on aggression and call tell the difference. With it set up like Ark had it, the CPU lived and died by the deep ball and wouldn't check down to the RB.
Blake Griffin
Sam Bradford
Adrian Peterson
Jack White
Old 08-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
i dont think so, authentic is on ps3 and he "tested extensively" bull**** the guy released 3 slider sets in like a week.. thats not extensive enough for one set.. but thats neither here nor there. fyi---- cranking up cpu on varisty and reducing human is not a slider set. an 8 year old could accomplish that. im tired of these guys with their fancy collabs and pretty thread set ups.. when it comes down to it, theyre not producing anything special. all i want is the game to work and be sim football. not some button mashing adjust this/tweak that boom heres a slider set.. only to have it break a week later. thats not good work.

Damn Cheda you went in man.. Haha! You can't let all of that get to you like that man.. I've told you plenty of times through PMs that you should create you own sliders and stuff because you do alot of testing and you like things a certain way..

I might need to test out your theory when I get home.. I haven't been able to do any testing in the last couple of days because I been at the hospital with my newborn baby but when I tested out Arks coaching sliders the other day something just didn't feel right with the few games I played. The CPU wasn't playing too good. I also had one of my friends testing out the coaching schemes at his place and he was lighting up the scoreboard on good teams but I want to give it a few more games before I start tweaking the coaching schemes to my liking and figuring out how they work..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #6
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUByron
The more and more I do test games in dynasty, I'm starting to think this the correct way to go on the coach slider sets. The CPU just dinks and dunks passes up and down the field and puts together nice 15-play drives. I went to the extreme both ways 15/85 and 85/15 on aggression and call tell the difference. With it set up like Ark had it, the CPU lived and died by the deep ball and wouldn't check down to the RB.
yep. now i cannot say what will happen with sim stats.. this is important bc of the excessive amount of games that DO get simmed (the ones you dont play with your user team obviously)... if arks testing showed improved sim stats with the setup as they are... then awesome, most of the work is done.. if thats the case, all thatneeds to be done is the adjustments for USER PLAYED GAMES. and then switch back after the game is over. i will begin my test dynasty ..... AGAIN. using this premise. i will use the sliders as they have been produced by ark and simply adjust my team and the team i play against, then switch them back.

i will adjust the run/pass to 50/50 on defense, and flip flop the aggressions on O and D. that is all. we will see what the sim stats come to at the end of the year. this will probably take a few days as i only have 2-3 hours a night. i wont be recruting tho since its a test, so now that i am done tinkering, i should be able to get through a season in 3-4 days.
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 08-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
Rookie

WoOkiE FTW's Arena

OVR: 2

For anyone that wants the most recent rosters on xbox with the aggressive flipped, I have uploaded to my GT: WoOkiE FTW
Old 08-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #8
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Damn Cheda you went in man.. Haha! You can't let all of that get to you like that man.. I've told you plenty of times through PMs that you should create you own sliders and stuff because you do alot of testing and you like things a certain way..

I might need to test out your theory when I get home.. I haven't been able to do any testing in the last couple of days because I been at the hospital with my newborn baby but when I tested out Arks coaching sliders the other day something just didn't feel right with the few games I played. The CPU wasn't playing too good. I also had one of my friends testing out the coaching schemes at his place and he was lighting up the scoreboard on good teams but I want to give it a few more games before I start tweaking the coaching schemes to my liking and figuring out how they work..
yea i received a warning from mods.. first one ever lol wont happen again

please try it out and let me know

congrats on the baby! a little future football fan im sure!
UCONN HUSKIES Football

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »