Home

FistofRages 2013 Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on FistofRages 2013 Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #25
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: FistofRages 2013 Heisman Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Hmm so I tried these for one half....UT (me) vs A&M

I sacked A&M 13 times and they sacked me 6 times...

A&M led 3-0 at the half.36 yards of offense for UT, 40 for A&M...Somethings not right here.

Ash - 8/13-58 Yds-INT-6 Sacks
Showers - 6/8-65 Yds-INT-13 Sacks
Based on my testing over the last few weeks I think Oraeon's sliders best replicate OL/DL interaction. I'm big on wanting ratings to matter for both OL/DL positions to make recruiting those positions seem worthwhile. Fist, has been great searching a cure for the DB glitching. I'm going to try a combo of Oraeons and Fists sliders tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
Based on my testing over the last few weeks I think Oraeon's sliders best replicate OL/DL interaction. I'm big on wanting ratings to matter for both OL/DL positions to make recruiting those positions seem worthwhile. Fist, has been great searching a cure for the DB glitching. I'm going to try a combo of Oraeons and Fists sliders tonight.
I might check out the pass block sliders you mentioned. The safety glitch isn't nearly as bad with INT at 75. It rears its head on 3rd and long because the AI will go into a zone, but I do see the safety getting back most of the time. With Pass coverage at 100, which I believe is less aggressive pass coverage, the AI doesn't go straight into no man's land. And with the INT at 75, the AI tracks the ball in the air better so they will make plays on the deep ball even if they glitch out.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #27
Pro

ucas005's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I might check out the pass block sliders you mentioned. The safety glitch isn't nearly as bad with INT at 75. It rears its head on 3rd and long because the AI will go into a zone, but I do see the safety getting back most of the time. With Pass coverage at 100, which I believe is less aggressive pass coverage, the AI doesn't go straight into no man's land. And with the INT at 75, the AI tracks the ball in the air better so they will make plays on the deep ball even if they glitch out.
Yeah I'm noticing a high INT slider may be the way to go to give a much greater risk/reward on the deep ball even though it gives a turbo boost to even the most average and inexperienced CPU DBs. At the very least it helps mask the DB glitch.

Who knows if it will work combing the 2 sets, but I'm going to try. Too much of an adjustment to your Pass Block could for some odd reason make CPU glitch 10 times worse. Ugh, the joys of this game. To think I still haven't started a dynasty yet. I think were close to making this game some what playable though. Honestly at this point I'm not sure I would even want a late EA patch surprise to "fix" this. To readjust sliders again to fix what they would break with a new patch seems so daunting of a task. By the time we have that figured out the college football season would be over.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
Yeah I'm noticing a high INT slider may be the way to go to give a much greater risk/reward on the deep ball even though it gives a turbo boost to even the most average and inexperienced CPU DBs. At the very least it helps mask the DB glitch.

Who knows if it will work combing the 2 sets, but I'm going to try. Too much of an adjustment to your Pass Block could for some odd reason make CPU glitch 10 times worse. Ugh, the joys of this game. To think I still haven't started a dynasty yet. I think were close to making this game some what playable though. Honestly at this point I'm not sure I would even want a late EA patch surprise to "fix" this. To readjust sliders again to fix what they would break with a new patch seems so daunting of a task. By the time we have that figured out the college football season would be over.
Make sure you use my QBA sliders. This has more effect on gameplay than anything else for the AI offense. The AI also can't have too much time to throw or it makes bad decisions, sounds backwards but its true. I have done a ton of testing and I know the AI plays much better when human AI QB acc is at 50 or above and the AI is at 25 or below. Its a crazy slider, it doesn't effect accuracy, it effects a ton of other things. I am sure EA doesn't even kn ow what it does.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #29
Rookie

NDNathan's Arena

OVR: 3

Tried these out and I think I am going to stop at halftime, the run defenses are overpowered. Stanford @ USC (me)

Silas Redd (USC) 11 att, 5 yards
Stepfan Taylor (Stan) 6 att, 14 yards

As soon as the QB drops back to hand the ball off, the LBs are flying through the open gaps created by the OL. I even had my QB and RB tackled simultaneously at the point of handoff. Passing game felt good for both CPU and user, although maybe a bit overpowered for CPU. Too early to tell though as there is a lot of variance involved here. It seemed to flow nicely.

Matt Barkley (USC) 11/17, 97 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT
Josh Nunes (Stan) 12/16, 125 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
Old 09-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #30
Pro

ucas005's Arena

Sounds good. Looking forward to trying these out this weekend. Whether it's your Heisman or Varsity set I'm starting a dynasty.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDNathan
Tried these out and I think I am going to stop at halftime, the run defenses are overpowered. Stanford @ USC (me)

Silas Redd (USC) 11 att, 5 yards
Stepfan Taylor (Stan) 6 att, 14 yards

As soon as the QB drops back to hand the ball off, the LBs are flying through the open gaps created by the OL. I even had my QB and RB tackled simultaneously at the point of handoff. Passing game felt good for both CPU and user, although maybe a bit overpowered for CPU. Too early to tell though as there is a lot of variance involved here. It seemed to flow nicely.

Matt Barkley (USC) 11/17, 97 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT
Josh Nunes (Stan) 12/16, 125 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
Raise the run blocking to your liking. these are just a base. But honestly, thats a prett small sample size....

Here is Silas Redd's line from the USC/Stanford Game last weekend

Silas Redd 13 carries 17 yards 2 1.3 Avg

I broke an 80 yard run against Alabama with a Tennessee RB last night and Lacy was rolling on me.

The run game will get stuffed on alot of plays, you have to slide block.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #32
Rookie

NDNathan's Arena

OVR: 3

Ok good point about the small sample size. I will try another game where I should overpower the D and report back. As long as I am not getting stuffed by Sun Belt teams this should be a pretty good set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »