Home

Rascoc's Best Games Ever VARSITY Sliders

This is a discussion on Rascoc's Best Games Ever VARSITY Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2012, 01:45 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Rascoc's Best Games Ever VARSITY Sliders

Allow me to preface this post by saying I used to play anywhere from four to eight season deep on BOTH NCAA and Madden from the 2004-2007 editions on PS2, but ever since the jump to next gen I've felt both games play pretty terribly even if they look good and provide exciting moments. Because of this, I've only played either VERY rarely and haven't purchased an iteration of NCAA since PS2 2007, or Madden 10 (which was returned within a week).

For some impulse reason I bought NCAA 13 even knowing I couldn't import rosters, and I've really been struggling to find a way to make this game play enjoyably. But since I bought it I'm trying everything out there, including dropping down to Varsity while I get my bearings. I've got to say, compared to all the games I've played on All-American with the default rosters, this game was neither Sim nor easier. It was the most lopsided game I've played. These are my stats with 4 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, Nebraska at home against Iowa. My All-American tests have been against teams like Wisconsin and Ohio State, but have been much closer.

Score: 20 - 3, Iowa
1st Downs: 10 - 4
Total O: 178 - 67
Rushing: 13 for 69yds (5.3ypc) for 2TDs / 14 for 28yds (2ypc) (run defense was usually my butter on AA, and Burkhead is one of the best RB in the game)
Passing: 9/18 for 109yds / 4/10 for 39yds
3rd Conversions: 4/6 (generally run plays on 3rd and 7 type situations) / 2/6
TO: 0 / 2
KR: 0 / 137
Total Yards: 184 / 204
Penalties: 1-5 / 1-10
TOP: 7min / 7min

About the only thing I liked was the return game since it finally felt like I wasn't forced to choose between either taking a touchback or returning the ball to the 23. There was actually a chance for some breakout plays, as I had one regular return and two 40 yarders. Otherwise, sorry but these sliders felt pretty trash, the CPU was overpowered on both offense and defense IMO.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:57 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Just tried these out. I took MSU into Oklahoma and won 34-17.

MSU/OU
Rushing 43-116-0, 21-38-2
Passing 25-31-314-4-1, 19-32-1-0
Total offense MSU 430, OU 237
MSU 3 sacks, OU 4 sacks
No fumbles, MSU had no pancakes, OU had 19

No hot routes or audibles. The safety play over the top was good, but everything underneath was wide open.

I had 1 broken tackle, OU had 4.

We have to find a way to get the AI offense to score on Varsity. I am sure we can come up with decent Human offensive sliders and AI defensive sliders although the pass completion % has to be toned down for the human.

I'm going to keep working on my set and see if I can find a way to get the AI on varsity to score more and get some fumbles.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:11 AM   #11
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Just tried these out. I took MSU into Oklahoma and won 34-17.

MSU/OU
Rushing 43-116-0, 21-38-2
Passing 25-31-314-4-1, 19-32-1-0
Total offense MSU 430, OU 237
MSU 3 sacks, OU 4 sacks
No fumbles, MSU had no pancakes, OU had 19

No hot routes or audibles. The safety play over the top was good, but everything underneath was wide open.

I had 1 broken tackle, OU had 4.

We have to find a way to get the AI offense to score on Varsity. I am sure we can come up with decent Human offensive sliders and AI defensive sliders although the pass completion % has to be toned down for the human.

I'm going to keep working on my set and see if I can find a way to get the AI on varsity to score more and get some fumbles.

Fist- easiest way to get fumbles AND maintain the rb ability to break tackles is to equal the tackle to the rb ability slider... I feel strongly about 100 rba vs 100 tackle bc it allows the CPU rb to make smart reads, hit the holes, andrun w a purpose.. It will also allow us to keep run block at a reasonable level (like 50) I found good results with the following:

Rba-100
Tackle-100
Run block-50
Rush d- 25
Same for user/CPU

I saw mixes of options broken wide open, stuffed, 2 yard run, 10 yarders, etc..

Have been getting the best CPU play on very fast speed 0 threshold

As for comp %.. I have been using
100 ac
50 catch
100 cov
25 int - lots of lnockdowns / diving swats. 50 saw too many guaranteed ints and they're usually in position to make it with cov at 100
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 02:45 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

U change coaching Sliders too? I just had to come from behind 20_10 with Bama against Colorado. They threw for 331 on bamas defense. I was Bama. I had 463 to their 369. I hope you did it exact. If so, then it could be my rerated rosters. I can shred Tue CPU most of the time. Anybody else want to try? Won 37_20.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #13
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascoc
It doesn't change on varsity that I'm aware of. Try these and let me know how they feel.
I saw it change to CPU Aggressive multiple times in only my 3rd game on Varsity. I did not change the coaching sliders. This makes me think they may have more of an effect on the safety issue than difficulty.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #14
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodima
Allow me to preface this post by saying I used to play anywhere from four to eight season deep on BOTH NCAA and Madden from the 2004-2007 editions on PS2, but ever since the jump to next gen I've felt both games play pretty terribly even if they look good and provide exciting moments. Because of this, I've only played either VERY rarely and haven't purchased an iteration of NCAA since PS2 2007, or Madden 10 (which was returned within a week).

For some impulse reason I bought NCAA 13 even knowing I couldn't import rosters, and I've really been struggling to find a way to make this game play enjoyably. But since I bought it I'm trying everything out there, including dropping down to Varsity while I get my bearings. I've got to say, compared to all the games I've played on All-American with the default rosters, this game was neither Sim nor easier. It was the most lopsided game I've played. These are my stats with 4 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, Nebraska at home against Iowa. My All-American tests have been against teams like Wisconsin and Ohio State, but have been much closer.

Score: 20 - 3, Iowa
1st Downs: 10 - 4
Total O: 178 - 67
Rushing: 13 for 69yds (5.3ypc) for 2TDs / 14 for 28yds (2ypc) (run defense was usually my butter on AA, and Burkhead is one of the best RB in the game)
Passing: 9/18 for 109yds / 4/10 for 39yds
3rd Conversions: 4/6 (generally run plays on 3rd and 7 type situations) / 2/6
TO: 0 / 2
KR: 0 / 137
Total Yards: 184 / 204
Penalties: 1-5 / 1-10
TOP: 7min / 7min

About the only thing I liked was the return game since it finally felt like I wasn't forced to choose between either taking a touchback or returning the ball to the 23. There was actually a chance for some breakout plays, as I had one regular return and two 40 yarders. Otherwise, sorry but these sliders felt pretty trash, the CPU was overpowered on both offense and defense IMO.
With as much time away as u have had, u probably suck. U just need to keep practicing. Getting beat on varsity and saying its too hard isnt a good start. Plus losing is part of the deal.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Fists, I just played a half of Msu vs Ok with base rosters. It has to be my rerates of every player. There were some similarities, but A lot different in other areas. Do you want to try these with some teams I have rerated?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascoc
Fists, I just played a half of Msu vs Ok with base rosters. It has to be my rerates of every player. There were some similarities, but A lot different in other areas. Do you want to try these with some teams I have rerated?
Can you rerate players in dynasty mode? What attributes do you generally rerate?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »